The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
fishpaste
Reminded me of the publicity shots of Hong Kong etc, as cool as liverpool is, people are going to be disappointed if they haven't seen it in the flesh :P

Keele's just screamed "we haven't got any photos of nice things so we're just going to make it look like an IKEA advert." IMO.

Yeah - Livepool looked like a totally different city from the one it actually it is in the prospectus. I'm not saying that it aint a great city and uni - it is. It just doesnt have that smart, trendy look about it. Neither does it always have building lit up at night and it totally free of litter and stuff.
I would advise people considering Liverpool uni to go and see it first - it's a great place but for different reasons than you may think from the prospectus!!
Reply 41
I found the loughborough prospectus to be really good
its a5 style format was cool
Reply 42
a lot of them have their prospectus online now so you can save paper by just looking online :wink:
Reply 43
The only reason why I applied to Liverpool was because the prospectus looked nice but now I know how misleading the pictures can be. The better uni's usually have simple prospectuses because they don't have any reason to sell their uni as most students would apply there anyways.
Reply 44
MrIceKool
I found the loughborough prospectus to be really good
its a5 style format was cool

I agree, I like the size of that one. After fumbling about with the awkward sizes of Durham and Nottingham, I was happy to flick through that little gem!!! :wink:
Reply 45
Pencil Queen
A5 (well a little bit bigger) is the industry(:wink:) standard....I don't know of anywhere that does a size other than A4 or A5

Is the Loughborough one *actually* A5 (ie half A4) or is it just normal sized?

Kind of A5 but a bit ermmm... taller... :confused: I don't like the A4 ones, they just seem a bit bulky to me. I wouldn't really let that affect my uni decisions though (seems a bit pathertic)...

It is really nice looking though, I still get quite tempted to pick it up even though I read the damn thing cover to cover!!!
cobra01977
I got about 30 by the end, and then when i started visiting they gave me wven more, i went to a UCAS fair and har a rucksack and 2 carrier bags full of them

Arrrgh, I have baaad memories of the UCAS fair - my group got chased by a transvestite with pink hair and thigh boots and when I was walking home the carrier bags with my 20 or so prospectuses in broke, in the middle of the graveyard, at 4pm (winter, pitch black). I had to spend twenty minutes whittling down the number to 7 so I could carry them the remaining mile home! :wink:
Reply 47
How many unis have actually released their 2005 prospectuses yet?
Reply 48
I got 18 at a Higher Education Fair I think. Still missing a few I'd like, especially Cambridge cos they didn't send anyone to the fair grrrr. I think I might order one. My school has one but I'm never in the library anymore and I do my reading at home :frown:.
Reply 49
Acaila
I got 18 at a Higher Education Fair I think. Still missing a few I'd like, especially Cambridge cos they didn't send anyone to the fair grrrr. I think I might order one. My school has one but I'm never in the library anymore and I do my reading at home :frown:.

I was just wonderin cos I'm going to a higher education fair soon and I wasn't sure if they'd all have printed their prospectuses by then.
Pegasus
I was just wonderin cos I'm going to a higher education fair soon and I wasn't sure if they'd all have printed their prospectuses by then.

I ended up with 2003 ones mostly - hence they had so many of them, available to give out :wink: Best bet is to put your name down and they'll send you the 2005 one when it's printed. Otherwise look on the web for the most up-to-date info and get a prospectus so you can see the pictures :smile:
Reply 51
Leekey
Kind of A5 but a bit ermmm... taller... :confused: I don't like the A4 ones, they just seem a bit bulky to me. I wouldn't really let that affect my uni decisions though (seems a bit pathertic)...

It is really nice looking though, I still get quite tempted to pick it up even though I read the damn thing cover to cover!!!

yeah the loughborough one i got from the higher education fair i went to was the first prospectus i read and found it really useful so i researched it up and now its my insurance choice:biggrin:
Reply 52
Pegasus

They tend to have the uptodate ones, and if not they'll take your name and send it out to you. :smile:
Reply 53
fishpaste
Liverpool has the most attractive prospectus I've seen. Imperial's is pretty.

Liverpool won a design award for thier prospectus last year, i liked imperial's effort, i also love the durham one its really cool, that partly encourgaed me to apply.
Reply 54
i use to just rob um from the careers office i have now a unconditional offer from warwick for law:smile:
cobra01977
Liverpool won a design award for thier prospectus last year, i liked imperial's effort, i also love the durham one its really cool, that partly encourgaed me to apply.

I didn't like the upside-down Stockton campus half of the Durham prospectus. It spoils it; in fact the whole campus spoils Durham.

J.
Reply 56
Pencil Queen
tada - order your heart out

http://www.aimhigher.ac.uk/en/courses/order_prospectus.cfm

It's often worth visiting a universities website as well though to get hold of the school/department/faculty booklet which will contain more detail about the subject you're interested in.

Cardiff don't have an online order form they just put the hard copy version online in pdf format http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ug/
and they've put the departmental booklets on there too
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/brochures/

good idea if you ask me

Thanks. That must have been the website my mate was talking about. I knew I wasn't just imagining it!
Reply 57
Prospectuses are legal documents which the University MUST oblige too. Whereas websites aren't if you read something on their site they may have changed it the next day, but prospectuses can't change atleast not for that year so alwyas worthwile getting a copy, and always read through them throughly ...they might ask you why you want to study there? (at interview). Also never ask them something which is answered in the prospectus they dont like that :smile:

Hope that helps! BTW- websites are useful to , so by no mean discard them, websites have extra details and you can take online tours around colleges!

SO check them out too. Worth doing the research :smile:
Reply 58
Just The 6 You Want To Apply To
Reply 59
malledo
Just The 6 You Want To Apply To

Ah but how do you know which six you want to apply to until you look at the prospectuses?

Latest

Trending

Trending