I told my girlfriend about my fetish... She broke up with me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
This happened about 3 hour ago BTW, so my girlfriend came around to day like usual so we had sex like usual, except we've been going about for about 14 months now and we always had a trust worthy relationship so i though i would tell her about my fetish. I didn't want to drag it out so while we were having sex i just blurted out "I have a foot fetish".

Her "Lol ok whatever..."
i was so happy, because i thought she would think i was a bit creepy. But i just grabbed her feet and massaged them

she immediately kicked me away with a shocked face

Her "What the hell, you where being serious? feet wtf is wrong with you" Or something along those lines. I just froze, i didn't know what to say, she just kept ranting at me about how i'm not normal, that i'm some kind of freak while she put her clothes on. i tried to apologise but she just slammed the door and left and told me not to contact her ever again.

I'm just wondering is a foot fetish really that weird, is there anyway i can make it up to her? i really love her.
laurentommo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How is having a foot fetish weird lol shes probably just shocked :/
Creamyoda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:troll2:
alawhisp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hahaha. You blurted it out during sex? Good one.
Climbontoyourseahorse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Foot fetishes are really common. I don't understand why she reacted in such an extreme way. Perhaps she's had a bad experience...? It probably would have been a wise idea to ask her if you could massage her feet, but they aren't a sexual part of her body so you couldn't really class that as assault... I don't know...
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't say my bf has a foot fetish but he sometimes massages them and even kisses them during. I actually like it. Don't worry it's not weird at all, hopefully you and your girlfriend can work things out
Anonymous #3
Report 8 years ago
Great... I have a foot fetish too, and a whole host of other fetishes that would be deemed weirder than that by people. Confidence lowered a bit.
SugarPuffs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's just an overreaction on her part; give her a few days and she'll come back
Ahotaru
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't see how she got so damn shocked and reacted the way she did. I'd say she is just a talented exaggerated. What the hell is wrong with you having a feet fetish? Geez.
Journeyzap
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's a ridiculous reaction.
Whereas no one has told me about a foot fetish, I know I wouldn't have reacted that way, and I don't deem it a normal reaction. =S
Aleandcynicism
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe it wasn't the best time to blurt it out, but it's still a massive overreaction. Whilst I'm not justifying it, it seems the only logical reason is that, as someone's said, she's had a bad experience in the past.

Out of the myriad things people are into sexually, feet fetishes are really not that weird. Plus weird =/= wrong. Things can obviously be both weird and wrong, but one is not necessarily the other.
Pink Bullets
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How has nobody commented on the fact that she apparently said "Lol ok whatever..." out loud?
Dollaleigh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
that's a ridiculous reaction. either shes had a bad experience in the past or shes just really childish. if she has any sense it wont bother her and she'll come back
latot
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
Foot fetishes are really common. I don't understand why she reacted in such an extreme way. Perhaps she's had a bad experience...? It probably would have been a wise idea to ask her if you could massage her feet, but they aren't a sexual part of her body so you couldn't really class that as assault... I don't know...
This post is very wise - a lot of people (including myself) have a phobia of feet, or don't like their feet being touched or don't like other peoples feet touching them. Or she may have had a bad experience in the past.

You also should NOT have blurted it out DURING sex, and an even bigger nono was just grabbing her feet and massaging it - that probably just shocked her a bit.

Give her some time, in a few days if she hasn't got back to you then send her a text or something. Maybe apologise for just blurting it out like that and grabbing her feet - but don't apologise for the fetish itself, it's part of you, and why should you be ashamed of it?

IF, in the end, she can't handle it - then love or not - you deserve better, you deserve someone who accepts it and maybe even indulges it
softsez
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
a wild stab in the dark - maybe she was just looking for any excuse to do 1, sorry to be so blunt but as many have said complete over reaction so that suggests another reason - either someone once tried to toe-job her or she just had enough and used it as an excuse.
swallow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
By the sound of your story it might not have been the fact that you have a foot fetish that alarmed her it could have been the way you suddenly grabbed her foot and started massaging it...
Future African game vet
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
eh? poor you, thats not wierd at all!! Maybe if you'd had some sort of gross fetish like... erm... pissing on her for instance- i could understand that reaction! Is she usually this volatile?!
superduper34
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She's the freak to be honest. I have met 3 guys in the last month who have a foot fetish. So what?! You like feet. Big deal.
MSI_10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Poor OP.

andddd ur GF is narrowminded; she should accept you, regardless of her perception of so called ''normal'' and ''weird''.
MSI_10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by superduper34)
She's the freak to be honest. I have met 3 guys in the last month who have a foot fetish. So what?! You like feet. Big deal.

Word.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (76)
26.57%
No - I have already returned home (33)
11.54%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (58)
20.28%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.84%
No - I live at home during term anyway (88)
30.77%

Watched Threads