How long would it take me to lose a stone? Watch

coldbeercoldheart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm 5 ft 2 and 8 stone 7 and I want to to lose a stone.

Around how long would this take if I ate 1000 cals a day (all fruit, veg, salad, chicken, soup, muesli etc)

I will do half an hour exercise a day.. I know more would be better but that's all I have time for..

(At the moment I eat about 3000 calories a day and do no exercise whatsoever.)

Could I do it in a month?
kmcman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm the same height and weight at you as the moment, and am looking to lose about 15 pounds. As for cutting to 1000 calories a day, do you not think you'd lose steam pretty quickly? I'm planning on cutting to about 1500 but just increasing exercise and eventually eating clean, but depriving yourself of all carbs and eating only fruit veg and salads will just induce cravings will it not? You could lose it easily in a month if you stuck to that up there ^^ but lets face it, even if you lasted 30 days eating nothing but salads and chicken and lost the weight, the minute you introduced carbs/red meat back into your diet it would slowly creep up again.
Chrisateen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Agree with the above. 1000 calories is way too low. Probably should look to eat about 1300 - 1500 calories and with exercise you should lose 1lb maybe the odd 2lbs a week. Give yourself 3-4months to lose the weight. Remember slow and steady wins the race and this is the only way your going to be able to permanently keep me off
*Rouge*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Having tried doing what you're suggesting, I say that's not a sustainable plan and if you're anything like me you'l have to put a lot of effort into sticking to it. As for the question you asked, I say about three months.
jdj96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on what type of exercise you will do; will it be half an hour of walking or half an hour of 100m sprints, half an hour of gentle breaststroke or half an hour of constant front crawl in a 50m pool doing 50m in 35secs.
coldbeercoldheart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by jdj96)
Depends on what type of exercise you will do; will it be half an hour of walking or half an hour of 100m sprints, half an hour of gentle breaststroke or half an hour of constant front crawl in a 50m pool doing 50m in 35secs.
skipping rope!
TheInformer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Chrisateen)
Agree with the above. 1000 calories is way too low. Probably should look to eat about 1300 - 1500 calories and with exercise you should lose 1lb maybe the odd 2lbs a week. Give yourself 3-4months to lose the weight. Remember slow and steady wins the race and this is the only way your going to be able to permanently keep me off
Agreed.

Also you need to incorporate resistance work with the cardio or you will also lose some of the little muscle you have still making you look 'flabby'. The slower you lose the weight the better as your body wont go into panic mode. Also try to include a fair bit of protein in your diet - it's the most important thing in terms of diet.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could be anywhere from 1.5 months to 3 if you stick to your diet which you're more likely to do by consuming 1300-1500 caloriea. Consuming 1000 can also slow down your metabolism.
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1 pound of fat = 3500 calories
1 stone = 14 pounds
1 stone = 49 000 calories

At a HEALTHY deficit of having net 1300 calories every day, you'd be loosing about 1.5 pounds a week. In 9weeks, you'd lose a stone (i.e. just more than two months)

BUT: if you work out (and eat about 1800 calories meaning 1300 calories net a day), this will increase your metabolism, which will make you lose wait much quicker. I'd say a month and half.
R. Murray
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by coldbeercoldheart)

Around how long would this take if I ate 1000 cals a day (all fruit, veg, salad, chicken, soup, muesli etc)

I will do half an hour exercise a day.. I know more would be better but that's all I have time for..

I did it in a month - still trying to get it lower. Gone from 14 to 13 stone (5ft8) just by cutting out most of the crap from my diet and going to the gym a couple of nights a week and swimming another couple. Still got a belly though
int92
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
read the stickies
AkDo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

If you do manage to do it in a month trust me you'll end up putting it back on again. Just do exercise every day - join a gym if you haven't or run and do some abdo exercises etc and eat the same foods just eat less of them and you'll definitely lose weight. That's what I did and I've currently lost nearly 3 stones - my last was only in a few months. And even after an extensive christmas I didn't even put on and didn't feel hungry ever or anything because all I did was cut down the amount and just continue at least some exercising every day. It's losing weight without the pains and moodiness
*Rouge*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AkDo)
If you do manage to do it in a month trust me you'll end up putting it back on again. Just do exercise every day - join a gym if you haven't or run and do some abdo exercises etc and eat the same foods just eat less of them and you'll definitely lose weight. That's what I did and I've currently lost nearly 3 stones - my last was only in a few months. And even after an extensive christmas I didn't even put on and didn't feel hungry ever or anything because all I did was cut down the amount and just continue at least some exercising every day. It's losing weight without the pains and moodiness
Completely unrelated to the thread but I really like your blog.
AkDo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *Rouge*)
Completely unrelated to the thread but I really like your blog.
Thank you love it when people love my blog
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1,000 calories is way too low if you're planning to exercise as well. It'd be low even if you weren't! Are you maintaining your weight at the moment eating 3,000 cals per day? If you are, then cutting down to 2,000 calories plus adding in some exercise would be more than enough to start your weight loss. Try that for a couple of weeks and then see how it's working for you. If you're losing 1lb a week then that's a nice amount to be losing. You don't sound overweight, and I can't be bothered working out your BMI but are you sure you want to be 7 stone? It doesn't really sound very much at all!
*Rouge*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AkDo)
Thank you love it when people love my blog
I said I 'really like' your blog, not 'love ' it
AkDo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *Rouge*)
I said I 'really like' your blog, not 'love ' it
LOL. And I said "people" love my blog not "Rouge" :P
*Rouge*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AkDo)
LOL. And I said "people" love my blog not "Rouge" :P
Well played :clap2:
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm guessing you're exaggerating with how much you're eating a day now? Because I'm 5'3" and about the same weight, and around 1400-1600 is what I would usually eat to maintain. I eat 1200 (more if I exercise) a day to lose weight gradually. I doubt I'd be able to lose a stone in a month healthily.
Nix-j-c
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kmcman)
I'm the same height and weight at you as the moment, and am looking to lose about 15 pounds. As for cutting to 1000 calories a day, do you not think you'd lose steam pretty quickly? I'm planning on cutting to about 1500 but just increasing exercise and eventually eating clean, but depriving yourself of all carbs and eating only fruit veg and salads will just induce cravings will it not? You could lose it easily in a month if you stuck to that up there ^^ but lets face it, even if you lasted 30 days eating nothing but salads and chicken and lost the weight, the minute you introduced carbs/red meat back into your diet it would slowly creep up again.

neither of you need to lose weight . . .

Why the neg . . . it's the truth, both of you are a healthy weight and if OP ends up loses just over a stone (which is what kmcman isa planning on doing) then she's likely to become underweight!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads