The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Firm/Insurers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faithxfaye
Is Warwick the place where a lot of Oxbridge rejects go lol

Yah, That's a sign of the strength of the university since we're not all ****ing of to Durham. :ahee:

Original post by narusku
Then we are brothers in legal academics :wink:
Have you been to the department yet?

Not yet, probs in March

Original post by narusku
Just to be cool and conform to the majority, i'll add - if anyone cares - that I was rejected from Oxford so at least we'll all have something in common to talk about when we all meet in the near future!

We probably won't:s-smilie: over 10,000 students lol
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 81
Original post by Dan*
I thought the Step day was saturday?

Yeah it is ahah, I got confused because I'm travelling down on the Friday ready for the next day :colondollar:
Reply 82
Original post by Tsunami2011
Yah, That's a sign of the strength of the university since we're not all ****ing of to Durham. :ahee:

Screw Durham too! (in all politeness)

Not yet, probs in March

Yeah me too

We probably won't:s-smilie: over 10,000 students lol

We could meet up or something or make study plans - i'm going to go out on a limb and say that at Warwick, the possibilities are endless. I know I may be making baseless declerations but...it feels right. I can feel it in my bones! :happy2:
Original post by narusku
x
Durham seems like a watered down Oxbridge; for me its all or nothing.

We could meet up or something or make study plans - i'm going to go out on a limb and say that at Warwick, the possibilities are endless. I know I may be making baseless declerations but...it feels right. I can feel it in my bones! :happy2:

Is straight Law and the law with a year abroad seperate (i.e seperate lectures?
Reply 84
Durham seems like a watered down Oxbridge; for me its all or nothing.

Is straight Law and the law with a year abroad seperate (i.e seperate lectures?

Good point. But at the time, the idea of a collegiate uni be it either Oxford or Durham, was very appealing to me.
I was thinking about this earlier - obviously it depends upon the modules, but I see no reason why they would seperate the two. The year abroad course follows the same plan as the 3 year straight Law course, bar the year abroad itself(as far as im aware)
Im going to the open day on the 14th so I may be told otherwise.
Original post by narusku
Good point. But at the time, the idea of a collegiate uni be it either Oxford or Durham, was very appealing to me.
I was thinking about this earlier - obviously it depends upon the modules, but I see no reason why they would seperate the two. The year abroad course follows the same plan as the 3 year straight Law course, bar the year abroad itself(as far as im aware)
Im going to the open day on the 14th so I may be told otherwise.

Yeah, maybe Oxford. Not Durham though. Their colleges aren't any different to York or Lancaster lolz. Well my motto is work hard, play hard and drink hard. so either you'll see me in lectures or getting the party started.:biggrin:
Reply 86
Yeah, maybe Oxford. Not Durham though. Their colleges aren't any different to York or Lancaster lolz. Well my motto is work hard, play hard and drink hard. so either you'll see me in lectures or getting the party started.:biggrin:

DEAL. :biggrin:
Reply 87

Your motto is the way in which I live my life. You'll either find me passed out over books in the library or passed out in halls after a big night out. If my liver makes it through uni i'll be happy. Cannot wait! :biggrin:
Original post by Bea492
Your motto is the way in which I live my life. You'll either find me passed out over books in the library or passed out in halls after a big night out. If my liver makes it through uni i'll be happy. Cannot wait! :biggrin:

Exactly! I'm actually really excited..will be one hell of a ride. hopefully I manage to make the grades though, been very lazy lately.:colondollar:
Reply 89
Exactly! I'm actually really excited..will be one hell of a ride. hopefully I manage to make the grades though, been very lazy lately.:colondollar:

You better make the grades!:tongue: Have you made your choice yet or is the visit day make or break?
Reply 90
Original post by Bea492
You better make the grades!:tongue: Have you made your choice yet or is the visit day make or break?

Tsunami2011
Exactly! I'm actually really excited..will be one hell of a ride. hopefully I manage to make the grades though, been very lazy lately.

Do you guys think we'll get any info about Law Soc on the open day? I'm particularly excited about joining it :smile:
Original post by Bea492

I hope so.:redface: Yeah the visit day will decide it! but will probably go for Warwick..I have a feeling you'll ditch Warwick for Nottingham or Bristol:mad:

Original post by narusku
Do you guys think we'll get any info about Law Soc on the open day? I'm particularly excited about joining it :smile:

I hope so, we'll probably get a brief intro to the role of,etc..hoping to become president by year 2:colone:
Reply 92

I hope so, we'll probably get a brief intro to the role of,etc..hoping to become president by year 2:colone:

A rival eh? This certainly will be interesting. I wonder of things will be so competitive throughout :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
I hope so.:redface: Yeah the visit day will decide it! but will probably go for Warwick..I have a feeling you'll ditch Warwick for Nottingham or Bristol:mad:

Ah good :smile: no I'm quite sure I won't go to Bristol. For one, I don't even have an offer yet so it seems that aren't bothered about me and then there's plenty of other reasons like it's too expensive, I don't think I want a city uni, the law department isn't getting the most praise these days etc.
I really hope I love Warwick as I prefer their course by a mile. I might get seduced by Nottingham's campus and nightlife though :s-smilie: it's going to be a tough choice! I'll have to see which one suits me best I guess. But I do have major love for Warwick, especially since they wanted me first lol.
Reply 94
Original post by narusku
A rival eh? This certainly will be interesting. I wonder of things will be so competitive throughout :awesome:

Another rival here! :tongue: I love the look of the LawSoc! Visit the SU website and find their website from there. The Law Ball looks pretty amazing :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Bea492
Another rival here! :tongue: I love the look of the LawSoc! Visit the SU website and find their website from there. The Law Ball looks pretty amazing :biggrin:

Challenge accepted - I cant wait! :tongue:
The site looks so awesome! I wonder what the socials are like and more importantly, mooting!
Bea, do you know which profession you wish to go into, whether you intend to become a solicitor or barrister?
Reply 96
Original post by Bea492
Ah good :smile: no I'm quite sure I won't go to Bristol. For one, I don't even have an offer yet so it seems that aren't bothered about me and then there's plenty of other reasons like it's too expensive, I don't think I want a city uni, the law department isn't getting the most praise these days etc.
I really hope I love Warwick as I prefer their course by a mile.I might get seduced by Nottingham's campus and nightlife though :s-smilie: it's going to be a tough choice!I'll have to see which one suits me best I guess. But I do have major love for Warwick, especially since they wanted me first lol.

The quality of nightlife between the two of them cant be that different surely!? :confused:
Reply 97
Original post by narusku
Challenge accepted - I cant wait! :tongue:
The site looks so awesome! I wonder what the socials are like and more importantly, mooting!
Bea, do you know which profession you wish to go into, whether you intend to become a solicitor or barrister?

Yeah I can't wait for moots! I'm really not sure yet... I was dead set on becoming a barrister but if I can get a TC for a big London firm I may go with that. The Bar is incredibly risky and has huge financial implications. However if I can get a scholarship from a Chambers for my Bar exams I'd be very tempted to take that route. If I wasn't a lawyer I'd be an actress so the performance element of the Bar really attracts me :biggrin:
How about you?
Reply 98
Original post by narusku
The quality of nightlife between the two of them cant be that different surely!? :confused:

Well Nottingham's nightlife is meant to be pretty great and Warwick is well... On the outskirts of Coventry lol. Seeing as Birmingham is my typical haunt, Cov/Leam will be a bit of a let down. That being said, it is what you make of it and with good friends and plenty of booze you'll have a good night anywhere :biggrin:
Reply 99
Do you have to study law to join the Law Society?

Quick Reply

Latest