The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
I think it is a bit weird... or they are damn close and get on really well. 18 and 21 is not a big gap. I'm exactly like that with my brothers, but they are 14 and 16 years older than me, and always have been quite protective and loving with me, which I think explains it, but in your case, I'd say it looks a bit weird :s-smilie:
Reply 42
I don't hug or kiss my brother or sisters. I sometimes play wrestle with my twin bro though.

Most likely a troll anyway, but surely if they are your brother or sister you could just mention their constant bumming, I would in a very mocking way.
I have three younger brothers, Im 24 and they are 23, 22 and 20 respectively. I would find it seriously uncomfortable if any of them stroked my hair/hands.. Maybe it's just the way they've been brought up though?
Original post by Anonymous
Not really sure where to start with this, but basically Im really close to my family but physically we dont really hug or touch at all.

Now, I know its normal to hug your family, kiss on the cheek etc when you greet them, but Im a bit concerned about my boyfriends relationship with his sister.

(Id like to make it clear that Im not saying any of this out of jealousy, I just genuinely want an idea of what is normal to other families, because to me, this is strange).

He hugs her for prolonged periods of time, and they will just stand hugging with their eyes closed for a good few minutes. Also, when im there, he will hug her from behind, play with her hair and hold and stroke her hands. We went out to a family event, and he sat next to her on the sofa, put his arm round her and they started looking at each other rather lovingly. Ive seen him sit with her half on his lap with her head buried in his chest, cuddling and playing with her hair.

I dont want to over react (which i probably am), but personally i would find this uncomfortable!
Is it normal? Do other siblings do this with each other?

Are you kidding me?..I think it is perfectly normal...common.......my sister just walked into my room a minute ago half naked...she is in her thirties....I am in my mid twenties......who cares......we have a very playful relationship.......it doesnt matter....until you see him stick his tongue in her mouth...or until you see him stick his " you know what" into her " you know what", I think it shouldnt bother you......
Original post by amyshamblesxx
I have three younger brothers, Im 24 and they are 23, 22 and 20 respectively. I would find it seriously uncomfortable if any of them stroked my hair/hands.. Maybe it's just the way they've been brought up though?

This too.....
Reply 46
Original post by int_applicant
Are you kidding me?..I think it is perfectly normal...common.......my sister just walked into my room a minute ago half naked...she is in her thirties....I am in my mid twenties......who cares......we have a very playful relationship.......it doesnt matter....until you see him stick his tongue in her mouth...or until you see him stick his " you know what" into her " you know what", I think it shouldnt bother you......

Mormon?
Are you kidding me?..I think it is perfectly normal...common.......my sister just walked into my room a minute ago half naked...

:lolwut: What do you mean 'half naked'? Like, underwear?

May I add, your use of ellipses in that post is excessive.
Start worrying OP when you he suggests a threesome with his sister...
:lolwut: What do you mean 'half naked'? Like, underwear?

May I add, your use of ellipses in that post is excessive.

Yeah...I know it is excessive....I obviously do that a lot.......

Anyways...yes....half naked..as in just panties and a top......

Guess what?..my "dick" wasnt hard.....LOL....it is all in the head........Although she is very playful...so I understand that is just how she is..........it doesn matter.......

As she walked in..I jokingly said " Mennnn, what are you doing...why are you walking around the house half naked"...her response ..."what? are u turned on"?......jokingly....you get the gist... I just ignored her and continued my work on my computer......it doesnt matter...I t just depends on the type of relationship the siblings have with one another.....an No!! I am not a mormon.....
Original post by McHumpy92
Mormon?

nope
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah...I know it is excessive....I obviously do that a lot.......

Anyways...yes....half naked..as in just panties and a top......

Guess what?..my "dick" wasnt hard.....LOL....it is all in the head........Although she is very playful...so I understand that is just how she is..........it doesn matter.......

As she walked in..I jokingly said " Mennnn, what are you doing...why are you walking around the house half naked"...her response ..."what? are u turned on"?......jokingly....you get the gist... I just ignored her and continued my work on my computer......it doesnt matter...I t just depends on the type of relationship the siblings have with one another.....an No!! I am not a mormon.....

If you're both comfortable with it then there's no problem, I just cannot imagine ever walking around in my underwear in front of my brothers. :s-smilie:
If you're both comfortable with it then there's no problem, I just cannot imagine ever walking around in my underwear in front of my brothers. :s-smilie:

Like I said, there are many factors that comes into play when it comes to the types of relationship you have with your siblings....age, upbringing, maturity, cohesiveness of family, et.c......
That isn't normal IMO.
Weird. very very weird..... but its probably just how they've been brought up! Not surprised why you are finding it a bit unusual.

Wow.....
Reply 56
Yeahhh this is well inappropriate. I have three older siblings and I'm the youngest, although we're all very close..this behaviour just wouldn't happen... EVER!!
Reply 57

Just to be clear:

That's really disturbing.
You're making a big deal over nothing some families are just closer than others.
Original post by Mr Disco
Just to be clear:

That's really disturbing.

whats disturbing...the part where my sister is walking around the house half naked? or the part where the brother sticks his d**k into his sisters *****.... or both?:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending