Watch
This discussion is closed.
LetterFlame
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi everyone..

So here is my conundrum! My 16th is May 20th of this year, and my parents want me to start planning what I want to do.. The thing is I don't know what I want to do, Mum wants me to start thinking about it so she can book things in advance, but I'm not sure :confused: You see I don't want a stereo-typical 'sweet 16th' and I have done things like Ice Skating, and Bowling you know stuff like that.. I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy doing those things, but I want to pull myself away from my comfort zone.. Also my friends don't particularly like Ice Skating (Too cold for them... :chicken:) and we go bowling and cinema on a regular basis..

Mum said about hiring a hall out and just adding a theme.. But I have no idea about themes either :P I really am useless.. Which is why I want your help

Please can you give me some Ideas?
Thank you!! :lovedup2:

LetterFlame
bananabrain
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For my 16th, I had my friends over my house for a a few drinks and some of them stayed over afterwards. A lot of my friends did that or went out for a meal which was good. I don't know anyone who hired a hall for their 16th but if its an option then definitely consider it! Choose a theme that everyone would associate with you, for example- any hobbies you have, or interests? For example if you liked films, you could ask people to come as film characterS?
Michael Locke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You could do what I did and sit in your bedroom, staring at the wall and taking occasional breaks from that in order to cook pizza.
whatsername2009
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd suggest either a fancy dress party with a fun theme (I once went to an Alice in Wonderland theme party, which was cool) or going out for a meal at a nice restaurant. If you have a party, I'd say it's better to have it at your house unless you want to invite loads of people, as it'll be a lot more relaxed and much easier to organise.
multiplexing-gamer
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
Paintball!
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by bananabrain)
For my 16th, I had my friends over my house for a a few drinks and some of them stayed over afterwards. A lot of my friends did that or went out for a meal which was good. I don't know anyone who hired a hall for their 16th but if its an option then definitely consider it! Choose a theme that everyone would associate with you, for example- any hobbies you have, or interests? For example if you liked films, you could ask people to come as film characterS?
Those are good ideas, thank you I was thinking about Alice in Wonderland, I'm a little spaced out like she is so that might be an idea to consider :P Thank you for your input I appreciate it!
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by Michael Locke)
You could do what I did and sit in your bedroom, staring at the wall and taking occasional breaks from that in order to cook pizza.
Aww you did that? Well each to their own, but I do that at home anyway :P
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by whatsername2009)
I'd suggest either a fancy dress party with a fun theme (I once went to an Alice in Wonderland theme party, which was cool) or going out for a meal at a nice restaurant. If you have a party, I'd say it's better to have it at your house unless you want to invite loads of people, as it'll be a lot more relaxed and much easier to organise.
Thank you! I was thinking about doing an Alice in Wonderland, but doubt my friends would want to they're boring like that :P a meal would be nice, more relaxed which I like Thank you for your input!
whatsername2009
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LetterFlame)
Those are good ideas, thank you I was thinking about Alice in Wonderland, I'm a little spaced out like she is so that might be an idea to consider :P Thank you for your input I appreciate it!
Sounds good - at the party I went to the birthday girl went as Alice and the rest of us went as different characters. I was the dormouse
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
Paintball!
lol! I would but I have done that already :P and most of my friends will be doing that this year too :P Thank you for the suggestion though
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by whatsername2009)
Sounds good - at the party I went to the birthday girl went as Alice and the rest of us went as different characters. I was the dormouse
haha! Sounds like a right laugh, I can picture it now :P... Now where to find the floating cups and saucers... lol
Megaross
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had some mates round mine for a barbecue and drinking session, weren't bad.

Wouldn't want a party in a hall myself, I've been to one and to be honest, had I not gotten wasted before it would have been far more boring.
JesusIsMyHomeboy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Laserquest! My two friends are having a joint 18th and they're hiring the place out. Going to be so awesome
Oaktree
Badges: 1
Report 8 years ago
SEX!
c1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Disney in general would be a better theme because there are so many more characters and people shouldn't go as the same character!
Some of the best parties I have been to though were just simple house parties and then order pizza or attempted to bbq..

But just make sure you have a good time!!
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by Megaross)
I had some mates round mine for a barbecue and drinking session, weren't bad.

Wouldn't want a party in a hall myself, I've been to one and to be honest, had I not gotten wasted before it would have been far more boring.
You see I was thinking about that too, :P but our house is in a coldisack so people getting wasted and loud = angry neighbours :P
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by JesusIsMyHomeboy)
Laserquest! My two friends are having a joint 18th and they're hiring the place out. Going to be so awesome
Awesome dude Sounds like fun, enjoy
anuradha_d
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ice Skating Party at Queens. Thats what I did.
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by anuradha_d)
Ice Skating Party at Queens. Thats what I did.
Hello Physics Lover

Also, I second ice skating its just excellent.
LetterFlame
Rep:
?
(Original post by c1995)
Disney in general would be a better theme because there are so many more characters and people shouldn't go as the same character!
Some of the best parties I have been to though were just simple house parties and then order pizza or attempted to bbq..

But just make sure you have a good time!!
Aww Thank you That might be a good idea actually, characters in general :P, I like house parties as well but this year I think Mum want's to invite loads of people of her own Besides our town doesn't like loud parties and stuff.. Boring isn't it xD Thank you for the ideas
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (86)
14.08%
I'm not sure (29)
4.75%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (192)
31.42%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (291)
47.63%

Watched Threads