Turn on thread page Beta

Let's use animal testing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    so animals should be caused pain cause people want to coat themselves to make selves what society terms beautiful. i imagine most cosmetics is perfectally harmless however for the small percentage that is, its overly harsh on the animals
    I agree entirely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FerretMessiah)
    Perhaps because rapists and murderers do in fact still have human rights?
    And also whether they are proved to be beyond reprieve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I'm for animal testing. People who say they aren't must live totally different lives or are just lying.
    How can you say that, I had you down as a compassionate lefty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    so animals should be caused pain cause people want to coat themselves to make selves what society terms beautiful. i imagine most cosmetics is perfectally harmless however for the small percentage that is, its overly harsh on the animals
    Cosmetics, a big NOOOO. What do you think about curing heart disease, lung cancer?

ReputationRep:
    Anti-vivesection people really get on my nerves. We need research on animals for medecines, and to a lesser, not necessary part for cosmetics (at least we used to)

Animals are not the same as humans - they are treated as lesser beings, they are kept as our slaves (i.e our pets), we don't give them rights with regard to their reproduction - owners choose to have the poor dogs balls cut off without consulting him first, and we generally only tend to like cute fluffy things. When they get sick we kill them off, even if they could be treated, after all they're only animals, its not like they count right?

Why should they not be used for testing products on (I do not agree with cosmetics) when we refuse to test them on ourselves. Humans are great big hypocrites!

Those anti-vivisection campaigners who set fire to buildings of research and peoples homes are terrible savages! I don't see them queuing up to volunteer for drugs testing. I know there are other methods of testing products but in the majority of cases I belive that it is the best and easiest method. Research costs money, and a lot of it (especially such as cancer research) is heavily funded by donation.

Animal testing is a necessity at this point in time.

(Original post by rednirt)
    Anti-vivesection people really get on my nerves. We need research on animals for medecines, and to a lesser, not necessary part for cosmetics (at least we used to)

Animals are not the same as humans - they are treated as lesser beings, they are kept as our slaves (i.e our pets), we don't give them rights with regard to their reproduction - owners choose to have the poor dogs balls cut off without consulting him first, and we generally only tend to like cute fluffy things. When they get sick we kill them off, even if they could be treated, after all they're only animals, its not like they count right?

Why should they not be used for testing products on (I do not agree with cosmetics) when we refuse to test them on ourselves. Humans are great big hypocrites!

Those anti-vivisection campaigners who set fire to buildings of research and peoples homes are terrible savages! I don't see them queuing up to volunteer for drugs testing. I know there are other methods of testing products but in the majority of cases I belive that it is the best and easiest method. Research costs money, and a lot of it (especially such as cancer research) is heavily funded by donation.

Animal testing is a necessity at this point in time.
    I've had many a lecture disrupted because of moronic protesters. I even take the time to talk to them, and they know fu*k all. They don't know that in the first trials of gene therapy, most of the recipients got leukaemia. That was in monkeys. WE then refined the process, but were denied a permit to trial again on animals...but were approved (in france) to go straight to humans.
    result?
    9/11 of the patients were fully cured of a disease that would have killed them before puberty (SCID). 2/11 got leukaemia.

Animal testing all the way I reckon
    And point of notes for all you cosmetics people.
    Every chemical. EVERY chemical is tested on animals before being approved to be used near humans.
    J

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.