The Student Room Group

S2 Edexcel Tuesday 17th January SOLUTIONS IN FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snow leopard
Very easy paper, combined with the fact that there's less weaker candidates in Jan.

But that's the thing! It didn't seem any easier than the others and the boundaries were higher than any other January.
Reply 41
Original post by confused dot com
But that's the thing! It didn't seem any easier than the others and the boundaries were higher than any other January.

I found it a bit easier than usual, to be fair (although maybe that's just me). They are supposedly making the papers a bit harder, so the boundaries should be lower, I think. I scored 74/75 on that paper but could have easily been 71/75 if I didn't spot my mistake.

I would like to get 100 in this because I doubt I will get 100 in FP2/3. At this point I don't care too much about getting as close as possible to 600/600, I just want the A*...
Original post by Zhy
I found it a bit easier than usual, to be fair (although maybe that's just me). They are supposedly making the papers a bit harder, so the boundaries should be lower, I think. I scored 74/75 on that paper but could have easily been 71/75 if I didn't spot my mistake.

I would like to get 100 in this because I doubt I will get 100 in FP2/3. At this point I don't care too much about getting as close as possible to 600/600, I just want the A*...

I know, me too. I don't mind if it's 90/100 UMS, I just want 90% now!
Reply 43
Just learned that the girl I really like will probably be sitting next to me because our school do it by surname rather than candidate number... damn it. Maybe I can look at her for inspiration... I can express my lust for her by turning the Normal distribution into a gigantic bellend
I know, me too. I don't mind if it's 90/100 UMS, I just want 90% now!

Well, if you average 90% in C3/C4, you can still end up with the top grade by getting at least 70% in S2 (as your two applied modules don't count towards the overall A* award). This is assuming you got A in AS of course.
(edited 12 years ago)

Well, if you average 90% in C3/C4, you can still end up with the top grade by getting at least 70% in S2 (as your two applied modules don't count towards the overall A* award). This is assuming you got A in AS of course.

I averaged 93% give or take at AS (damn C2 :angry:) so I have a little cushion in case anything goes wrong, it's just that I'd rather do really well now in S2 and C3 as it takes some pressure off June exams :redface:
I averaged 93% give or take at AS (damn C2 :angry:) so I have a little cushion in case anything goes wrong, it's just that I'd rather do really well now in S2 and C3 as it takes some pressure off June exams :redface:

In that case may I ask why you chose to do S2 over C4? If you're UMS statement is correct you'll only need 41% in S2, so there's not a lot of pressure there compared to C4 that requires over double that for A*...

In that case may I ask why you chose to do S2 over C4? If you're UMS statement is correct you'll only need 41% in S2, so there's not a lot of pressure there compared to C4 that requires over double that for A*...

My school just puts everyone in for S2 in January. I have absolutely no idea why they do it like this, but the only thing is we'll have just C4 to focus on, which I'm hoping will allow me to get a high grade in it. I just checked my UMS and it was 279/300 so 93% on the dot :smile:
Reply 48
Okay, I haven't done any revision for S2 yet and really don't know anything. What do you think would be the best way to revise for this thing?!
Reply 49
Original post by masterhr1
Okay, I haven't done any revision for S2 yet and really don't know anything. What do you think would be the best way to revise for this thing?!

Start now, rush through all the past papers available. You have a fair amount of time. I have been preparing for chemistry and I'm leaving the weekend and Monday to do S2 and only doing really tiny bits of S2 revision. I just learned the definitions yesterday.
Reply 50
got about 20 papers left to do....will rinse them out quick time tomorrow and friday :yes: otherwise look forward to this paper
Reply 51
Original post by Rahul.S
got about 20 papers left to do....will rinse them out quick time tomorrow and friday :yes: otherwise look forward to this paper

ermmm, aren't there only around 20 past papers available anyway...lol
Reply 52

June 2001 - June 2011 (21 papers)
Mock paper and Specimen (2 papers)
Solomon A-F (6 papers)
Delphis 1-10 (10 papers)
Old + New Examination-Style Papers (2 papers)

Plenty available... although if you're only counting official, I think there are 23 by my count. Haven't seen any practice papers or anything like that

You could also include the old T1/T2 papers (old stats papers) but barely anyone has access to those. I have the 1996 T1/T2 papers though and they aren't much different from today's ones.
Reply 53

from my dealer...there are around 135 papers :colone:
Reply 56
...and June 11
Reply 58
Thanks for the model solutions!
Reply 59
Original post by safmaster
Thanks Gibbo. When are you planning to upload the solutions? Could you do it at midnight on Wednesday? :tongue:

I won't be able to post it until the next day. Probably some time in the early afternoon.
You can all have fun arguing about it until then!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending