Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Diablo 3

ReputationRep:
    Apparently CVG are having a large-scale give-away of beta keys next week :beard: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-key-giveaway/

ReputationRep:
    Pre-order date: 14 August 2009

zzzzz.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)
    Pre-order date: 14 August 2009

zzzzz.....
    It kills me that we have to wait so long.

Might play some Diablo 2 as compensation.

Also, I've been meaning to ask... is the first Diablo worth playing? I've heard Diablo fans give me mixed ratings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenaciousMonkey)
    It kills me that we have to wait so long.

Might play some Diablo 2 as compensation.

Also, I've been meaning to ask... is the first Diablo worth playing? I've heard Diablo fans give me mixed ratings.
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhySoLimey)
    no
    Back to the Barbarian it is!

ReputationRep:
    maaaan... diablo 1 was my first multiplayer game.. was quite epic.

really thoroughly recommend it even now !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenaciousMonkey)
    Back to the Barbarian it is!
    (Original post by flamingmoe)
    maaaan... diablo 1 was my first multiplayer game.. was quite epic.

really thoroughly recommend it even now !
    meh, imo its one of those games that was good back then but isnt worth playing any more lol

ReputationRep:
    meh, imo its one of those games that was good back then but isnt worth playing any more lol
    Fair enough... I have my time occupied managing my characters and playing Skyrim - and trying to pass my A Levels of course. I guess I could settle for not playing the first installment :P

ReputationRep:
    The day Diablo 3 comes out I'll be locked in my room for a week.

ReputationRep:
    What class are you guys gonna roll?

I'll probably go for a Sorcerer or Witch Doctor since I always roll casters in RPGs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Apparently CVG are having a large-scale give-away of beta keys next week :beard: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-key-giveaway/
    It's a "jump-through-hoops if our servers don't crash" giveaway. Very disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Kid)
    It's a "jump-through-hoops if our servers don't crash" giveaway. Very disappointing.
    :sadnod: So I've seen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :sadnod: So I've seen...
    By the way the competition has been changed so it now works

ReputationRep:
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I take it from your avatar you're also waiting for DotA 2!

ReputationRep:
    what kind of spec laptop would you need to run in optimally guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimothy)
    I take it from your avatar you're also waiting for DotA 2!
    yeah ^^ been playing the beta since november lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxAuraliaxx)
    been waiting atleast 7 years ....
    Pretty much this. I remember when I first played Diablo when I was like, 10 or 11 or something (back in 2000? I don't know) and it was like WAHEY KILL STUFF AND GET STUFF AND THEN DO IT AGAIN. I still don't know why that formula works but it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysteries)
    What class are you guys gonna roll?

I'll probably go for a Sorcerer or Witch Doctor since I always roll casters in RPGs.
    Either a Monk or a Witch Doctor, still undecided. There was a poll on the US forums about which characters people will play first and Witch Doctor was last. I like to play the under-represented class / race in games. Barb and Wizard were first and second place.

The Demon Hunter wasn't so popular amongst the people who voted but I think for a lot of younger / new gamers to the diablo series, the Demon Hunter will seem very attractive.

As for release date, there is a rumour on diabloincgamers that announcement of the date could be March 5th. Then again, in Blizzard's post about cutting employees they said "coming weeks", so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    Pretty much this. I remember when I first played Diablo when I was like, 10 or 11 or something (back in 2000? I don't know) and it was like WAHEY KILL STUFF AND GET STUFF AND THEN DO IT AGAIN. I still don't know why that formula works but it does.
    yer 2000 sounds about right, i miss there being not spam on every minute of playing, and im sure i used to find far more majic stuff, oh and when bloodruns were the big thing before ball runs, god i feel old and nerdy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    That's pretty much the formula for any RPG ;p

Blizzard just tends to make them quite aesthetically pleasing as well as addictive...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 27, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.