The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Studies Unit 1 11th January

Hi
Is anyone else doing the business studies aqa unit 1 exam on tuesday?
i cant find past papers on the internet, does anyone know??
thankyou :smile:

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know any good revision sites or useful things to do to revise??
Reply 2
A quick search in Google should reel up some results. How confident are you? I think the main thing to remember is that a lot of it is just common sense so don't freak out in the exam
Reply 3
I'm doing ocr on Tuesday but I'm just doing past papers and writing notes hoping it will give me some sort of muscle memory for when I see a question LOL :smile: I think the best thing you can do is stay calm
Original post by Leelad

Original post by Leelad
A quick search in Google should reel up some results. How confident are you? I think the main thing to remember is that a lot of it is just common sense so don't freak out in the exam

i have tried, it doesnt load :frown: i am kinda confident, but the thing is i panic a lot so thats not very good! im just trying to do as much as i can because its a retake and i really want to get a high score. But thanks :smile:
Original post by smurfette96
I'm doing ocr on Tuesday but I'm just doing past papers and writing notes hoping it will give me some sort of muscle memory for when I see a question LOL :smile: I think the best thing you can do is stay calm

yeah that is a good method, it definitly works!! haha :smile: i need to work on that..but thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by smurfette96

Same, hoping for some nice questions about stakeholders and stuff
Original post by Leelad

how come you are doing ocr and me aqa :s-smilie: is ocr any easier? stakeholders would be nice :smile:
Reply 8
Hi, is anyone else doing this exam tomorrow? can you give me some tips that can help me get good marks in the exam. thanks in advance.
Reply 9
Hey, i am doing the exam tomorrow
main tip
PUT A DEFINITION AT THE START OF EVERYTHING !
for example if the question is "was tom correct to locate his franchise in the city centre, justify your answer"
start by saying A location is.......

:smile:
Original post by Leelad

how did you find it? we found very mixed reaction, a few people thought it was really straightforward but others said it was harder than the past papers, i thought it was ok, not great though, a lot of things i just had to try and use my common sense.
Reply 11
Hey, their isnt any threads so im going to start a propper one any questions any tips revision guildes write them here ill be on here till 3am. For an all nighter wheyy :colondollar:
Reply 12
What's the formula for market share?
Reply 13
Original post by sex18
What's the formula for market share?

Market share:measures the sales of one business as a percentage of total sales in the market.
Market share = sales of firm A / total market size x 100 :wink:

so if the total market share in uk is 34million and your sales is 2million you would do 2 divided by 34 x 10 =5/8%
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Got this exam tomorrow and done next to nothing for it. Does anyone know where I can get all of the formulas from?
Reply 15
Original post by WaNaBe
Got this exam tomorrow and done next to nothing for it. Does anyone know where I can get all of the formulas from?

I'm gonna list the ones I know (revision for me as well)

Profit= Total revenue - Total cost

Contribution= Selling price - Variable cost per unit

Total Contribution = Contribution per unit x sales

Revenue = Selling price x Quantity

Break-even = fixed cost/ contribution per unit

Market size = Price x Qauntity

Market share = Sales of business/ Total sales x100

Market Growth = Change in size/ Original size x100

That's all you need as far as I know, I've already got a B in this exam resitting it to get 80/80 :biggrin:
Reply 16
have you checked the exam board website specification or past paper mark schemes etc? or go through notes and stuff x
Reply 17
The best thing to do now is learn your calculation formulas for example market share, market growth, market size, profit etc and learn the definitions like enterprise, ordinary share capital.
Reply 19
Original post by Mr. K
Hi, is anyone else doing this exam tomorrow? can you give me some tips that can help me get good marks in the exam. thanks in advance.

I did the AS unit 1 a few years ago, as long as you relax, and read through your answers using lots of key words & definitions then you will be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending