The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Studies Unit 1 11th January

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fhar2248
i know it is going to be hard to predict what is coming up seeing as everyone's paper has been recalled and a new one re issued due to breach of security but what are people thinking is going to come up tomorrow ?

everyones paper has been recalled?
Reply 41
Original post by Beckiix
I got 78/80 for this exam last year. My tips would be at the start of each answer to make sure you define the key term in the question, double check calculations and make sure you know the textbook inside out. :smile:

wat would u say is most helpful..
doing past papers or going over notes?
Reply 42
Original post by ydotkhan
i might sound pretty dumb but analyse whats the real meaning to analyzing in business term ahh:colondollar:

what each point leads to
e.g. Brand image goes up --> more sales ---> more Revenue----> more profit
Reply 43
im so screwed its 11pm and i havnt started Business revision at all. ALL NIGHTER AHEAD FOR ME hows it going for you guys.
Reply 44
Original post by Iram0105
wat would u say is most helpful..
doing past papers or going over notes?

TBH, I didn't do any past papers. I found it more helpful to highlight key terms in the book, make succinct notes on each topic and make sure I related my points back to the case study :smile:
Hey Guys, How would you perfectly answer the final question in the exam for example

To what extent do you think that Tom’s cash flow forecast will help to guarantee the
success of his Joshua franchise? (15marks)

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BUSS1-W-QP-JAN11.PDF
case study ^

if it is possible can someone answer it so that i can see what the perfect answer should be like

By doing this it will give you practice and help me

This is my first post on TSR btw :biggrin:

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 46
anyone still revising?
anyone still revising?

Yeah, i just wanted to ask, will u need to fill in some parts of a cash flow? because my teacher has given me a task to do and in that you have fill in the cash in for one of the months in the cash flow but i cant figure out how to do it :s-smilie:
Reply 48
Hello wooooorld!!! :biggrin:
Reply 49
Original post by AhmedShahid
Yeah, i just wanted to ask, will u need to fill in some parts of a cash flow? because my teacher has given me a task to do and in that you have fill in the cash in for one of the months in the cash flow but i cant figure out how to do it :s-smilie:

tbh i doubt it will come up but it did last time in 2011 and its simple they give u some details just input -out put cash flow i doubt u gotta.
Reply 50
Original post by 7days
Hello wooooorld!!! :biggrin:

hows it going bud :tongue:
Reply 51
Good luck everyone!
Reply 52
hows it going bud :tongue:

ahh man, I'm just dying for a good pint of beer, but can't sleep and staying sober cus of bloody exams :biggrin:

I wish u and me luck guys!!! Score the max! Woohoooo :badger::biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by smurfette96
how did you find it? we found very mixed reaction, a few people thought it was really straightforward but others said it was harder than the past papers, i thought it was ok, not great though, a lot of things i just had to try and use my common sense.

I honestly thought it was pretty ridiculous to be honest. Way too many 'state and explain' questions and some really random ones (how would the company respond to takeover talks?)
We had a very mixed reaction too, the majority who I've spoken to said it was the hardest paper that they've done in business studies. Still, I hope I get a good grade.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Question '1(a, b, c etc.)' are the smaller mark questions. All you need to do is answer it straight.
For question '2(a, b & c)' are the higher mark questions. On these, you should try and put in a calculation - even if you are not asked; I have spoken to the examiner and she said it gets you marks. Always relate your answer to the case study, and always put in a definition.

Biggest tip: layer your answers.
-Point 1
-This will lead to
-This will lead to
-etc.
Goodluck everyone around 3 hours left!!!!
Reply 56
how you all feeling :smile:
Reply 57
a bit nervous, who wants to guess what question 2 will be about
Reply 58
few hours till the exam! I'll keep my finger crossed for ya boys n gurlz! Woop Woop! Just keep the damn smile! :biggrin: :wink:
Good luck everyone.. I got an A last year and I taught myself so you should all ace it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending