The Student Room Group

MySQA 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
for Higher French, are we allowed to have two dictionaries on our tables?
I have a dictionary that I prefer to use, but it may be too small to not contain some Higher language so is it okay if I have a smaller dictionary and a bigger dictionary at the same time? or can we only allowed to have one?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Nope. Still in 6th year. Doing AH Biology, Chemistry, Maths with crash Physics.

Ohh. Doesnt sound good. Are you crashing AH physics or higher? I want to crash physics aswell but good luck to you if your doing AH!!
What are you wanting to do? And what did you apply for?
Original post by Pedrobear
It's pretty obviously not the original SAM anymore

;_;

Wrong, there is only one. And it's me. What makes you say otherwise?
Reply 43
I have just activated mysqa and I noticed that there is an extra subject that I am not sitting. My other subjects are all correct but it has me down to do standard grade German which I do not do. Who should I talk to about this?
Original post by AnnB
I have just activated mysqa and I noticed that there is an extra subject that I am not sitting. My other subjects are all correct but it has me down to do standard grade German which I do not do. Who should I talk to about this?

Hmm, that's a strange one. I should talk to your school or college if I was you as they are the ones who tell us what you're sitting.

:smile:
Prelim rage is raging at the moment. My pal says prelims are like semi finals (yes, he's a he), you don't win anything, but you can lose. I think he's talking rubbish, I think they're more like dress rehearsals, where you get to see where you stand, what you're doing well and what you've still to work on. Either way, remember they are important, so learn for them, then learn from them.
Original post by rawragee
for Higher French, are we allowed to have two dictionaries on our tables?
I have a dictionary that I prefer to use, but it may be too small to not contain some Higher language so is it okay if I have a smaller dictionary and a bigger dictionary at the same time? or can we only allowed to have one?

Yep you are, I did that for Higher French. It's useful, you don't have to spend hours flipping through to find a word. Also, you're allowed dictionaries with massive grammar sections in. :ninja:
Where are the study tips because I really need them for Standard Grade Chemistry and Maths!

See if my prelim results are:

English 1
Physics 1
Modern Studies 1
Art 1
Chemistry 2 (1.5 marks off a 1)
Maths 2 (one mark off a 1)
Spanish 2
Graphic Communication 2 (one mark off a 1)

Do you think I'm capable of getting eight 1s in the finals? All my friends seem to be doing so much better than me! :frown:
Original post by anthonyfl
Where are the study tips because I really need them for Standard Grade Chemistry and Maths!

See if my prelim results are:

English 1
Physics 1
Modern Studies 1
Art 1
Chemistry 2 (1.5 marks off a 1)
Maths 2 (one mark off a 1)
Spanish 2
Graphic Communication 2 (one mark off a 1)

Do you think I'm capable of getting eight 1s in the finals? All my friends seem to be doing so much better than me! :frown:

You can definitely get eight 1s in the final exams! Just put in a little more work. Did you revise much for prelims? I have friends who got subjects from 4s to 1s in that time 2 to 1 is very achievable. :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by mysqa
Starting to put together this year's promotional campaign. Anything you feel needs to be included/excluded to tempt more of you to sign up for MySQA?

Where can i find my candidate number like where would I ask the school for it so i can sign up for mysqa?
Original post by n x
Where can i find my candidate number like where would I ask the school for it so i can sign up for mysqa?

Your school will have it. At my school, you are issued with an exam timetable a few weeks before the exams start (with the times, room numbers etc.) and your SCN is at the top of that. Don't worry if you don't have it now- you will have plenty of time to get signed up but if you really want it your pastoral head or the school office should know where to find out for you. :smile:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
You can definitely get eight 1s in the final exams! Just put in a little more work. Did you revise much for prelims? I have friends who got subjects from 4s to 1s in that time 2 to 1 is very achievable. :smile:

Thanks! Going to make some revision cards for chemistry today :biggrin:
Original post by anthonyfl
Thanks! Going to make some revision cards for chemistry today :biggrin:

Good. :smile: :yy:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by n x

Your school has an SQA coordinator who can give you your SCN. Or just ask one of your teachers. All schools will ensure you know it well before the exams anyway as you need it to sit them.
If you haven't done the MySQA survey yet could I ask you to spare 5 mins to fill it in. It really is useful to us to hear direct from you what you think.
(https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D6MWYV5)

Byee!
SAM
When do s4's usually receive their candidate numbers? :smile: Although having already done an int 2 extended response, we have gotten ours. I'd like to sign up for the results through text early, so i don't forget during the time of the exams.
Original post by UserUnavailable
When do s4's usually receive their candidate numbers? :smile: Although having already done an int 2 extended response, we have gotten ours. I'd like to sign up for the results through text early, so i don't forget during the time of the exams.

If you have already got your SCN then you should be able to sign up right now. When you get your SCN is variable, but the SQA put a number to your name as soon as you start your Standard Grades, I think. When your school decides to tell you it depends on them!
It’s that time again for SAM's Study Tips! I'll start a new thread especially for these. If you've got any tips, please share them with us!
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
If you have already got your SCN then you should be able to sign up right now. When you get your SCN is variable, but the SQA put a number to your name as soon as you start your Standard Grades, I think. When your school decides to tell you it depends on them!

In Edinburgh (state schools), your SCN is your computer login. So we've had our SCNs since first year.
Tell us what you think of our Timetable and Study Plan apps AND YOU COULD WIN AN iPOD TOUCH! http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/45993.html - how do you like them apples?

Quick Reply

Latest