The Student Room Group

TSR Biology Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
can i join? these societies are really helpful for revision! xxx
Reply 101
has anyone got a labelled diagram of the eye on the computer tht they could post on here. i ahve got one in a txt book but it is really unclear so i have been trying to find one on google but none of them seem to have everything tht i need on them. also, does anyone know what labels i actually need to know for gcse biology? thnx
xxx
Reply 102
Me and shushimeng want to join
*sorry she is banned from the site becasue she got do revision but i think she will be here tomorrow
she is doing As biology and i am doing triple science
thank u very much :wink:
Reply 103
All added :smile:

Heather 2; my scanner isn't working, but I do have a diagram in my GCSe revision guide with the following labels:

Isis
Cornea
Pupil
Lens
Aqueous Humour
Conjunctiva
Cilary Muscle
External Eye muscle
Optic Nerve
Blind spot
Fovea
Retina
Choroid
Sclera
Vitreous Humour
Suspensory ligaments

I'll have a look around for you and see if I can find any with appropriate labels.

ETA:

These aren't exactly perfect (and you may have already come across them), but you can always print them off and add/remove labels

Site 1

Site 2

and possible the best of the lot: Site 3
Reply 104
thank you tht is a great help :biggrin:
heather xxx
Hi Everyone! couple questions

i) how do you calculate volume of oxygen absorbed per minute. I'm looking at a kymograph which has lables like tidal volume and vital capacity ( i know what those are) but cant figure out oxygen absorbed per minute.

ii) How do you calculate total cardiac output (concerning exercise).
I know I'm miles behind with this thread, but add me please...!

I'm doing A-level biology but going into a completely unrelated degree course (engineering), so the biology is just for interest, not for my career.

I like genetics best :smile:
Reply 107
figgetyfig - you're added :smile:
Reply 108
LS.
I'm just wondering...is there one?

PLZ CAN I JOIN IT?????
Reply 109
zazy
PLZ CAN I JOIN IT?????

Assuming you do GCSE/AS/A2/Degree biology, yes you can
Reply 110
LS.
Assuming you do GCSE/AS/A2/Degree biology, yes you can

Do A2 biology and will do pharm/genetics at university
Reply 111
so what do we do in a society?
Reply 112
glance
MedSim is basically a "hands-on" experience, and like hihihihi said, it's "clinical." It takes place in July, at Notts, and what you do is perform things like simulated keyhole surgery, and taking blood pressures and stuff like that. I can't remember all the details, but I'm sure you can look it up on the web. It takes place over a few days, and it should be really useful for anyone thinking of going into medicine. It's also an experience to find out whether you really could cope with life in a hospital! They were fully booked up for this summer so they've added an extra week, but I'm not sure how many places are left. Medlink is in December, which I think is more like lectures (am I right hihihihi?).

yeah. the lectures in medlink are basically on what kind of careers medicine offers. while medsim seems more "hands on"
can i join too. im gonna do molecular bio with genetics at uni! :tongue:
Reply 114
I'm doing AS bio, lemme join :biggrin:
Reply 115
i'm doin AS bio can i join...plzzzzzz.....
Reply 116
Have i been added as a member! :confused:
Reply 117
can I join please? - currently doing AS-Biology
LS.
There isn't? I'm suprised....

Well, I guess you can join the society if you do GCSE/AS/A2/Degree level biology. Just reply to the thread then place 'member of UKL biology society' in your signiture.

I would like to join. Currently doing AS Bio, but am eager to start A-Level Bio in September :tongue:
Reply 119
®eAl ©uTe Eye$
Ellie4
sumi2000
Hawk
schuppy124

You've all been added :smile:

KOH - you're already on the memebers liste - I added you when you aksed on another thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending