The Student Room Group

Worried about reference

I get the feeling none of my tutors want to give me a reference, so i decided to ask my previous tutors today from a course I did before.

My previous tutor agreed to provided me with a reference, but i still get the feeling that they dont even want to provide me with it.

I know its last minute, and because am technically not their student, am worried am not going to get a reference on time.

I want to email them on Friday, but will that seen arrogant of me that I asked for a reference late?
Reply 1
This is your future that you're talking about and the tutors at your school/college should also understand this. You should do everything in your power to make sure a reference is completed on time.

Obviously don't go to the tutor and demand it angrily. Explain that the UCAS deadline is near and that you really need it. As teachers, they should want students to succeed in education so I'm sure they will find time to write your reference, but remember, ask nicely :P
Reply 2
I am now considering the following options

Wait unitil friday afternoon to see if my old lecturer wil provide me with a reference - they have agreed to provide me with a reference - doesnt seem very enthusiaatic about it though. Dont know if they know the deadline for the application

Ask another lecturer, but that might p**s off the lecturer i already asked

Ask my current lecturer that have failed me

Ask another previous lecturer that had given me good grades and had wrote me a good reference before, but it will definitly be a late application.

Or just wait till next year to go to university :frown:

The course i am applying for is very competitive with limited space - it even stated this in the prospectus
(edited 12 years ago)
im going to my college to get my reference good luck with yours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending