Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
:wavey:

Firmed Nottingham for Economics (L100), definitely looking forward to coming (grades permitting!) Was looking at societies, a lot look quite interesting, out of interest, what is the usual amount people join?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by FDR
:wavey:

Firmed Nottingham for Economics (L100), definitely looking forward to coming (grades permitting!) Was looking at societies, a lot look quite interesting, out of interest, what is the usual amount people join?

Good man!

EDIT: I presume you are one... lawls
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JadeVictoria
Ohh cool. I'm doing Midwifery and all Notts students get put together. There are 3 lodges for Nottingham students :smile: I'll be in Hartington x

Cant remember what I will be in but yeah all get put together in one or the other so everyone going to derby this year regardless of what they are studying will probably get to know each other quite well i am guessing.
Original post by Mikestewart
Cant remember what I will be in but yeah all get put together in one or the other so everyone going to derby this year regardless of what they are studying will probably get to know each other quite well i am guessing.

Nottingham students only stay at Lonsdale and they put us all together. The only students from Notts that will be living at Derby are those from nursing, midwifery, healthcare science, postgrad nursing and postgrad medicine as far as i know.
Reply 504
just firmed for chemistry :smile: and applied for accomodation !
Original post by JadeVictoria
Nottingham students only stay at Lonsdale and they put us all together. The only students from Notts that will be living at Derby are those from nursing, midwifery, healthcare science, postgrad nursing and postgrad medicine as far as i know.

yeah so everyone should know each other quite well, and i think it is good that we all have a common interest in the healthcare industry as it is always good to have something you all share.
Reply 506
Any idea if Nightingale will be full already???
Reply 507
Original post by vox001
Any idea if Nightingale will be full already???

You're not able to choose specific halls if you apply for catered accommodation; they're randomly allocated so it's not like one hall fills up quicker than any of the others. :smile:
Reply 508
Original post by LizAnn
You're not able to choose specific halls if you apply for catered accommodation; they're randomly allocated so it's not like one hall fills up quicker than any of the others. :smile:

Reply 509
Just firmed Nottingham for Mechanical Engineering!

Need A,A,B

Any advice on accomodation previous/current student at Nottingham?
Reply 510
Original post by LizAnn

Wait sorry another question- does that mean they aren't allocated at all on a first come first served basis? I mean as long as you get an application in before they all fill up, do you have the same chance as anyone else?
Sorry to bug you with all the questions!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 511
Original post by vox001
Wait sorry another question- does that mean they aren't allocated at all on a first come first served basis? I mean as long as you get an application in before they all fill up, do you have the same chance as anyone else?

From what I understand, it's the room types (so single study, en-suite, and so on) that are allocated on a first come first serve basis. But once you've applied for a room, then you have as much chance as anyone else of being in a certain hall (although say if you pick an en-suite room, then you're obviously more likely- but not guaranteed- to be in one of the halls that have a high number of en-suite rooms). And no worries. :smile: (And anyone else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :tongue:)
Original post by vox001

rooms are allocated on a first come first serve basis but the hall you get is random. So you have the same chance of getting any hall no matter when you apply but certain room types might fill up
Reply 513
thanks for the help :biggrin:
Original post by vox001
thanks for the help :biggrin:

no problem! if you have any more question feel free to ask!
confirmed for Plant genetic manipulation 2012/13.. anyone else for the same course?:smile:
I am sorry bt could u plz tell me what is A,A,B all about?
Reply 517
I firmed economics too :smile:. Which accommodation did you opt for?
Reply 518
Original post by Yashodhan Panse
I am sorry bt could u plz tell me what is A,A,B all about?

A-Level grades required to get into the said course at Nottingham.
Original post by rgc610
Just firmed Nottingham for Mechanical Engineering!

Need A,A,B

Any advice on accomodation previous/current student at Nottingham?

A fellow Engineer!

I'm starting Product Design and Manufacture in September, but the first year is pretty much the same for all courses in Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering.

Looking forward to it? ;D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending