Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Elmo_83
Guys I have firmed Nottingham for Mechanical engineering but I am concerned about cutting the grade. I am doing IB and is anyone here who has already taken IB and can tell me what their score was when Nottingham accepted them?

If this could be of any help I've firmed Notts for Chemical Engineering and my offer is 34 with 6, 6, in Maths and Physics HL, but on the open day they said they'd reconsider taking us even if we missed the offer by a bit, but this really only depended on the number of people who already confirmed their places... Hope this helps!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 761
Original post by NAC06
If this could be of any help I've firmed Notts for Chemical Engineering and my offer is 34 with 6, 6, in Maths and Physics HL, but on the open day they said they'd reconsider taking us even if we missed the offer by a bit, but this really only depended on the number of people who already confirmed their places... Hope this helps!

Dude, I get that. Its just this thought of not meeting the grade scaring the **** out of me, specially after Math HL paper 2. Hope I can get results from paper 3. I don't know what they mean by a bit but lest hope for the best then.
Reply 762
Original post by Elmo_83
Dude, I get that. Its just this thought of not meeting the grade scaring the **** out of me, specially after Math HL paper 2. Hope I can get results from paper 3. I don't know what they mean by a bit but lest hope for the best then.

Yeah I hated P2 as well, and by "a bit" I hinted them at a 5 in maths when I asked on the open day and they seem to be aware that maths HL is extremely difficult so I wouldn't worry if I were you! Best of luck on P3 then, I'm sure we'll be fine!
Original post by Elmo_83

Put it this way, last year I missed my offer by 2 grades for Maths and still got in. But I'm very very lucky, I know people who missed by less than that and didn't get in...

EDIT: Negged for telling the truth?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by John G
Any economics postgrads here? I'm going to be doing behavioral economics (originally I was admitted to applied economics, but the admission's official told me I could switch - still awaiting final confirmation that my switch has been approved though). I see a lot of ME and other natural sciences here, but no economics. There are 9 economics MSc programs at Nottingham so there should be someone, right? :smile:

Hey bro, I'm still deciding between york and nottingham for just straight econ. York has compulsory international macro so I'm not so sure about it... course at nottingham looks great though.
Reply 765
Original post by NAC06

Hey, I am doing chemical engineering too. It's nice to find someone doing the same thing! :smile:
Reply 766
Original post by Fynch101
Hey bro, I'm still deciding between york and nottingham for just straight econ. York has compulsory international macro so I'm not so sure about it... course at nottingham looks great though.

Hey man! Good to see you! :smile: Hope you go for Nottingham. I am (with a 99 % certainty, still awaiting final confirmation that my program switch has been approved) going to do Behavioral economics so we'd share all the modules in the first semester (as we'd both be in the theory stream) :smile:

One of the things I like about the Nottingham program is it allows you to design so much for yourself, like there are elective modules and several different programs :smile: Personally I kind of like macroeconommics so that wouldn't be a problem for me, but each to his own.
Original post by John G
Hey man! Good to see you! :smile: Hope you go for Nottingham. I am (with a 99 % certainty, still awaiting final confirmation that my program switch has been approved) going to do Behavioral economics so we'd share all the modules in the first semester (as we'd both be in the theory stream) :smile:

One of the things I like about the Nottingham program is it allows you to design so much for yourself, like there are elective modules and several different programs :smile: Personally I kind of like macroeconommics so that wouldn't be a problem for me, but each to his own.

Oh cool, Behavioral Economics sounds interesting, I'm just doing straight eco cos I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. The program looks great, I'm not much of a fan of macro myself by there are 3 optional econometrics modules I've got my eye on!
Reply 768
Original post by Shaz51
Hey, I am doing chemical engineering too. It's nice to find someone doing the same thing! :smile:

Good to know yeah! Taking A levels i assume? I'll probably see you this september then if I make my offer!
Reply 769
Original post by Fynch101
Oh cool, Behavioral Economics sounds interesting, I'm just doing straight eco cos I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. The program looks great, I'm not much of a fan of macro myself by there are 3 optional econometrics modules I've got my eye on!

Econometrics is cool! :smile: I'm probably going to do Advanced Macroeconomics and Financial and Macroeconometrics as my elective modules. That way I'll be strong in behavioral- as well as macroeconomics. I'm quite good at econometrics but prefer it when it's applied (such as with macroeconometrics). Are you considering a PhD? I would like to do one, but I'd have to find an advisor + funding. Nottingham is really good at behavioral economics, but straight econ is a good choice if you don't really know what "kind" of economist you want to be.

I would probably go straight econ but I feel a behavioral economics degree is more marketable and would give me something to talk about at a job interview, in case I ultimately decide to/have to go for a job in the private sector (like I could talk about how I have a broad understanding of both human behavior and economics - quite useful in a lot of roles). Plus I've studied business as a minor and as part of that I've done quite a bit of behavioral science and I find it quite interesting.
Original post by simon.h
I've firmed for adult nursing too!! Are you doing the BSc or Masters? :smile:

im doing the BSc :smile: x
Reply 771
Original post by Sampanther101
im doing the BSc :smile: x

Me too, it's great to have found somebody else doing the same course!! Are you going for halls or private accommodation? :smile:
Anyone else for medicine :biggrin:?!
Reply 773
Chemical Engineering anyone!? :P
yep :smile::smile:

Original post by SmithytheDrummer
Anyone else for medicine :biggrin:?!
Original post by ewellbelove
Hi there,

Has anyone firmed engineering if so quote me :biggrin: need to organize a massive night out during freshers :P

Yeah man just firmed my Civil Engineering offer now ,and checked out the accommodation and seems like my last option is broadgate park studio flats, what about you?. let me know if your planning anything for freshers. I'm up for it !!!

Salute and respect!
Original post by Sampanther101
Firmed Notts for Adult nursing :smile: got an offer of a place at Raleigh Park in Sillitoe Court :biggrin: xx

Hey, I just wondered, when you firmed Notts, did you find out whether you were in Nottingham or the Derby campus? cus im really confused about the Derby campus haha.

I don't want to be there and I want to apply for accommodation in Nottingham.
I didn't know if we found out where we were or we just assumed we were in Nottingham unless we'd been told otherwise?
Reply 777
Original post by hannah.green93
Hey, I just wondered, when you firmed Notts, did you find out whether you were in Nottingham or the Derby campus? cus im really confused about the Derby campus haha.

I don't want to be there and I want to apply for accommodation in Nottingham.
I didn't know if we found out where we were or we just assumed we were in Nottingham unless we'd been told otherwise?

I've firmed for Adult Nursing at the Nottingham campus. Did you make separate applications for the two campuses?
Reply 778
Hi I've firmed for ancient history at Nottingham and will be in the Hugh Stewart Halls (grades permitting). Thought it would be nice to pop on this thread and say hi :smile:
Original post by icesally
Hi I've firmed for ancient history at Nottingham and will be in the Hugh Stewart Halls (grades permitting). Thought it would be nice to pop on this thread and say hi :smile:

Hi there! How lucky that you got in to Hugh Stewart! I envy you! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending