tomads123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
does anyone have any idea of what the interviews at nottingham vet school are like
thanks
MillyPixie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have an interview on the 29th and second this question! :P
stef_vet?
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nottingham really like to keep their interview style secret and you may risk moderator action if you carry this thread on because it gives some people an unfair advantage over others. Just refer to the information you've been given by Nottingham, practice general interviewing style and be prepared to think on your feet. As with all vet med interviews be prepared to answer standard q's like 'why do you want to be a vet' as well as those relating to your PS and work experiences. You may be asked questions that seem completely random in which case take a breath, think and talk aloud through your step by step reasoning as to how you would begin to answer, even if you still don't have a clue about the certainty of the answer! If you are in a group situation ensure you contribute but consider giving other members of your group a chance to voice their opinion too

Good luck!
AriesHamburger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As stef_vet? said, the process is secretive. The university website states:
"You will be invited to the Vet School where you will be given further information on the course. You will have a structured interview by two members of staff for around 20 minutes. The interviewers will look to probe your ability to cope with the course academically, your motivation towards a veterinary career and your personal qualities and skills. You will be given an opportunity to ask any questions. You will also undertake a practical aptitude test where you will deal with clinical material. You should expect to handle a live animal at interview or in the practical. In addition, you will undertake a group working exercise."
jordanelouise
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MillyPixie)
I have an interview on the 29th and second this question! :P
I have an interview on the 29th also!
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jordanelouise)
That makes us a trio!!
MillyPixie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
That makes us a trio!!

Epic! Maybe we'll be in the same group for the secret group exercise! :P
cionasmith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wooo I'm on the 29th too Really looking forward to the practical bit!
AriesHamburger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anybody on 22nd? XD
jordanelouise
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
has anybody received conformation of there interviews after they replied on the reply slip??
cionasmith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
has anybody received conformation of there interviews after they replied on the reply slip??
Nope ... We're supposed to take the CRB form along to the interview and not send it, right?? And has anyone else gotta fill in that extra form if you've lived at your current adress for less than five years? Aaaah all this paperwork!!:eek:
jordanelouise
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cionasmith)
Nope ... We're supposed to take the CRB form along to the interview and not send it, right?? And has anyone else gotta fill in that extra form if you've lived at your current adress for less than five years? Aaaah all this paperwork!!:eek:
oh no i don't mean that one!! Just the reply slip to confirm the interview date? sorry if i panicked you!!
AriesHamburger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I haven't heard from them, so am guessing all is well.
I think we'd probably hear from them if they hadn't received our slip since they'd be all: Are you or are you not attending this interview? Your lack of response suggests that your reply got lost in the post.

Ahhh, the CRB check! So confusing. XD
But worth it /o/
MillyPixie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do we just bring that CRB form with us on the day?
tomads123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
think so
jordanelouise
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do we just bring that CRB form with us on the day?
yes we do, It say's everything on the letter about it!
SilverstarDJ
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've had an interview at Notts last year.

In terms of the live animals, I hope it's ok to mention this, for me this was just seeing a dog in an interview room -- you didn't have to do anything with it, but this may or may not change this time around.

At Notts we had 3 sections: group work, practical session (on your own) & a more traditional interview.

As with all interviews, makes sure you look over forms you submitted (Notts questionnaire, PS) so you remember what you've written! Also take a look back at your work experience notes and look up any extra info for interesting cases as well as understanding routine procedures. Some unis may ask about ethical topics such as Tb, animal testing, antibiotic/anthelmintic resistance etc. although I wasn't prodded about this sort of thing too much.

If you would like some more info / general advise please PM me (I was interviewed at Notts, RVC, Cambridge and Liv so have some varied experiences)
MillyPixie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SilverstarDJ)
I've had an interview at Notts last year.

In terms of the live animals, I hope it's ok to mention this, for me this was just seeing a dog in an interview room -- you didn't have to do anything with it, but this may or may not change this time around.

At Notts we had 3 sections: group work, practical session (on your own) & a more traditional interview.

As with all interviews, makes sure you look over forms you submitted (Notts questionnaire, PS) so you remember what you've written! Also take a look back at your work experience notes and look up any extra info for interesting cases as well as understanding routine procedures. Some unis may ask about ethical topics such as Tb, animal testing, antibiotic/anthelmintic resistance etc. although I wasn't prodded about this sort of thing too much.

If you would like some more info / general advise please PM me (I was interviewed at Notts, RVC, Cambridge and Liv so have some varied experiences)
Cool, that helps actually. And wow for four interviews! Where did you end up going?
SilverstarDJ
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cool, that helps actually. And wow for four interviews! Where did you end up going?
I got rejected from Cambridge following a bad interview (I had all the right grades etc. but was way too nervous at my first ever interview to stand even a chance). Then I got an offer from Liverpool. I decided I liked it better than the rest, and rejected the rest post-interview so that I could accept Liverpool.

I'm happy to answer any questions about Liverpool & what is it is like study here for anyone who want me to; please just send me a PM.
JasmineLightfoot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Has anyone heard anything from Nottingham yet? I went to an interview on the 22nd and so far nothing. On their website it says that offers should be made by the end of April but surely that's too late - I have to hand a form in to my tutor with my first and insurance choice in a few weeks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.45%
No (81)
10.66%
I'm not old enough (326)
42.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed