Should I Allow My Boyfriend To Visit A Stripclub ? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Coben
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm in a LDR, my boyfriend is in NY at the moment.

He just bbmed me to say his friends are all going to a strip club tonight then a club after and asked if this is okay with me and if he is allowed ?

Considering the fact his all the way in NY he could have easily gone and not told me.

What should I say ?
Joeyboy 12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah but constantly send him texts with a picture of your face...
TruetoMyself
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sort of agree with the above. BUT dont send him pictures of your face-send him pictures of your T**s instead
David222
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh lighten up. So what if us lads like sex and girls. How many times do you say to your lady friends "look at that hot guy" or "if I was single.." but yet when we do something even remotely similar we get flamed!
Joeyboy 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TruetoMyself)
Sort of agree with the above. BUT dont send him pictures of your face-send him pictures of your T**s instead
Second that
crocker710
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The thumb print must take up his whole face if you've got to 'allow' him to do things :facepalm2:
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, considering he asked you if it was alright and in doing this alerted you that he was planning on going, I wouldn't worry. As you said, he could easily have went with you none the wiser.
JollyGreenAtheist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bring the strip club to him?
xxBluePantherxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by crocker710)
The thumb print must take up his whole face if you've got to 'allow' him to do things :facepalm2:
I second this.

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where i had to ask permission to do things
NB_ide
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lolol, asking a girl for permission to do things.
cactus kid :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, of course he should go. It's a strip club, not an orgy club.
michaelhaych
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What would be so bad about him going? Strip clubs are rubbish. It's like going into Gregg's , buying a pie and then never eating it.
For The Love Of Giraffe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Deary me...if it was me, I would tell my boyfriend that I wasn't comfortable with the idea because I wouldn't exactly want him to be looking at other girls stripping, but I wouldn't forbid it. It's his choice what he wants to do and once he's aware of my opinion about it, there's nothing else I can do. Of course, if he went, I wouldn't be happy, but I would tell this to him in advance so that he knows. What would worry me more is that fact that he thought it would be acceptable enough to even ask - I wouldn't dare ask to go to a male strip club.

But it's good he did ask you as he was uncertain - at least he's aware that you may feel weird about it and it won't be a total shock if you decided to tell him it's a bad idea.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xxBluePantherxx)
I second this.

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where i had to ask permission to do things
While I agree with what everyone else has said and there should be no issues with letting him go, I hardly think asking to see if your partner is alright with you going to a strip club is particularly under the thumb. I doubt he actually requested permission but was just a courtesy thing to show he cares about her opinion.
SillyRodent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course you should. What's he gonna do, run off with a lap-dancer?
Samz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My boyfriend asked before he went to one, I just think it's respectful? If the shoe was on the other foot I'd ask him if I could go! It really irritates me that asking before you do something is always seen as 'under the thumb'.. I do a fair bit of travelling without my boyfriend but I always ask before I book a trip! It's just courtesy,

I said yes, for the record. They're harmless enough I think, just the same as checking out some guy walking down the street. :sexface: You can look but not touch aha.
Annie72
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Let him go!!.Cant believe he asked for your permission though.Imagine the stick he'll get from his mates if he turns round and says"My girlfriend says I cant go".
cl_steele
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yar i dont see any harm in letting him go, he was honest enough to tell you and ask permission so the chances are nothing undue would happen besides strip clubs have a no touchy policy, brake it youre out on your ass straight away
plimsolls
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what's with all these people being outraged at the thought of someone asking if it's ok to do this? It's called communication, and consideration for your partner.

if i were in the ops position i'd say yes, but on the condition that he didn't have a private dance.
Coben
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Samz)
My boyfriend asked before he went to one, I just think it's respectful? If the shoe was on the other foot I'd ask him if I could go! It really irritates me that asking before you do something is always seen as 'under the thumb'.. I do a fair bit of travelling without my boyfriend but I always ask before I book a trip! It's just courtesy,

I said yes, for the record. They're harmless enough I think, just the same as checking out some guy walking down the street. :sexface: You can look but not touch aha.
(Original post by plimsolls)
what's with all these people being outraged at the thought of someone asking if it's ok to do this? It's called communication, and consideration for your partner.

if i were in the ops position i'd say yes, but on the condition that he didn't have a private dance.

Thanks guys

Honesty, Openness, Trust and Respect are very strong values in my LDR and we are both completely open and operate a 'no secrets' rule.

So im not shocked that he asked me.

I said yes
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1275)
79.69%
Leave (325)
20.31%

Watched Threads