Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Minotauro)
Well you sound as cute as button
Well thank you

(Original post by Pochi_X)
The shorter and the girl, the SEXIER, more FEMININE she is in in my eyes!

I refuse to marry a tall or even average height girl that's fat!

Being a short, slim girl ROCKS!
You need to remember though that tall girls can carry their weight better. If a tall girl of medium build were to put on a few pounds it wouldn't show as much whereas for us short girls, an extra few pounds would show far more and unfortunately might make us look a bit heavy or whatever.
pegase
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I feel like the tallest girl ever 18 and 6ft. Ok, so i work as a model and in fashion industry 6ft is veeery good. Usually i was worrying about my height, how i cannot wear heels but when i started modelling it became alright. I wear heels of 12 cm or what 4,5 inches? an so what. Until i like how i look everybody does too.
buchanan700
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 5'2 and have no desire to be any taller. A lot of guys find short women cute! It'd be a bit freaky to be taller than my boyfriend as well.
Pochi_X
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ScottishShortiex)

You need to remember though that tall girls can carry their weight better. If a tall girl of medium build were to put on a few pounds it wouldn't show as much whereas for us short girls, an extra few pounds would show far more and unfortunately might make us look a bit heavy or whatever.
I accept that,

Fat or not short girls are sexy, and I bet you're sexy as well. :cool:
ScottishShortiex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pochi_X)
I accept that,

Fat or not short girls are sexy, and I bet you're sexy as well. :cool:
Good to know that theres some guys who aren't put off by extremely short girls!
Einheri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ebony19)
Shortness doesn't necessarily mean worse genes at all!! In terms of natural selection as you have decided to put it... being too tall can be a disadvantage, you become a target. Smaller you are the easier you can hide and get away without being noticed by predators. But it also works the other way round. Its often said in fact that taller people die younger. Smaller you are (in every way horizontal and vertical) less pressure on your organs.

My point is there are both advantages and disadvantages to being tall or short. Taller people are certainly not genetically superior.

Lanky. Lanky. Lanky. Not the way forward.

Widen your gene pool= greater resistence to disease. Noone wants a world of BFGs. As noone wants a world of shrimps. Lets not be height nazis.
Tall doesn't mean lanky - I'm 6'1" and have a 44" chest and very broad shoulders, I'm not saying that I'm particularly tall but I'm not a beanpole. Also humans are apex predators so hiding isn't all that important. Greater height confers many evolutionary advantages.
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Movember)
i have found that its not only guys who care about their height a lot. girls seem to care just as much about it too. its obvious why guys want to be taller- girls find taller guys much more attractive. height is the number 1 physical preference most girls look for in a guy. i would even go so far in saying its the number 1 preference overall- before anything else, the average woman will consider height first. so you can see why its so crucial for a guy to be tall. the ideal height for a guy in terms of his attraction to women is just short of 6ft2 (something like 6ft 1.95 inches). i even know some guys who are depressed/suicidal over their short height (yes THAT is how much it matters).

but what i want to know is why do girls want to be taller? guys dont care about the height of a girl. most want a short girl anyway. for guys, they care about hot face and body. they are put off by tall girls and i know some guys who say its off-putting and ugly if a girl is too tall (these are guys who are 6foot and over btw so its not like they are short. and by too tall, they mean 5f10+. taller than the average guy).

it begs the question why do girls want to be taller? i dont understand
Longer legs - guys like long legs right?
Also, If you are taller you can carry a bit more weight without looking fat.

On a practical level, you can reach more and see MUCH better in a crowd.
I'm 5ft8 and I love it. Wouldn't mind another inch though, but wouldn't want to go above that just because then if I wore heels I'd be taller than most guys!
totbl
Badges: 10
Report 7 years ago
I'm 5'11" and I love it. Tall girls are sexy while short girls are just cute.
deuxchatsnoirs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 5'8'' and don't mind it at all. It can be a pain when I wear my ultimate favourite pair of wedges, which are 7 inches, because I tower over my mates and most guys look twice and you can just tell that the words 'ahh! Giant!' are crossing their mind; especially if they're shorter. But I don't mind overall, apart from shops nearly always having run out of 34'' leg jeans. But as has been said, I can't complain about having long legs! I know it's a downside if your boyfriend is shorter than you; I've experienced this and it really got to him, to the point where he got so insecure he got aggressive. But hey-ho, if wearing massive heels combined with being tall does anything, it narrows down which guys are best to date! ;D
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Luceria)
I'm 5'8 and happy with my height. Most girls here are around my height ( the average height is 5'6). So I've never felt particularly tall.
I always wanted to be tallish. I don't know...I liked the idea of it, I guess. It's quite helpful sometimes. When you attend gigs, reaching for things etc.
Average height is 5ft4. (sorry for being a pedant)
SparksInTheSky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Movember)
i have found that its not only guys who care about their height a lot. girls seem to care just as much about it too. its obvious why guys want to be taller- girls find taller guys much more attractive. height is the number 1 physical preference most girls look for in a guy. i would even go so far in saying its the number 1 preference overall- before anything else, the average woman will consider height first. so you can see why its so crucial for a guy to be tall. the ideal height for a guy in terms of his attraction to women is just short of 6ft2 (something like 6ft 1.95 inches). i even know some guys who are depressed/suicidal over their short height (yes THAT is how much it matters).

but what i want to know is why do girls want to be taller? guys dont care about the height of a girl. most want a short girl anyway. for guys, they care about hot face and body. they are put off by tall girls and i know some guys who say its off-putting and ugly if a girl is too tall (these are guys who are 6foot and over btw so its not like they are short. and by too tall, they mean 5f10+. taller than the average guy).

it begs the question why do girls want to be taller? i dont understand
Because when you're little in school you line up in height order for the class photo and being tallest is best. Well, that's why I want to be taller :P
SparksInTheSky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by redferry)
Average height is 5ft4. (sorry for being a pedant)
It might be taller for our generation, because the 5ft4 average includes all the little old ladies. This saddens me.
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SparksInTheSky)
It might be taller for our generation, because the 5ft4 average includes all the little old ladies. This saddens me.
nope, 5ft 4 1/2 for people 25-34 in the UK
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SparksInTheSky)
Because when you're little in school you line up in height order for the class photo and being tallest is best. Well, that's why I want to be taller :P
SO TRUE! I was always the tallest! But then I was 5ft8 in year 6...Haven't grown an inch since! So all the boys grew bigger than me
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Luceria)
I'm not from the UK.
Fair point.
StressReliever
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only reason I can think of is to have longer legs which are generally deemed more attractive.
Kerny
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xChelsea)
mm, I'm around 5'9 and I don't want to be taller! sometimes I wish I was smaller so I could wear heels
I really don't get the heels issue.

If you are a taller than average girl and want to wear heels, wear them (though obviously not too much least you wish to risk mangling your feet).

If you're afraid of looking down on guys you normally wouldn't without heels, that's just one of those things. Remember, you're higher than them, not taller.
Randomer98
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KaurPrincess)
i like being short cos i can pretend to be younger....who doesn't want to stay a kid forever???
im 5ft 11 and in yr 9 ,, and wen i was in yr 3 some ppl thought i was 14
but anywayss i loveeeee being tall and i wudnt mind if i was short, its not a big deal to worry about! i mean its not like you can change your height so why bother about it soo much!!
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pegase)
I feel like the tallest girl ever 18 and 6ft. Ok, so i work as a model and in fashion industry 6ft is veeery good. Usually i was worrying about my height, how i cannot wear heels but when i started modelling it became alright. I wear heels of 12 cm or what 4,5 inches? an so what. Until i like how i look everybody does too.
I bet you're like average height in Lithuania?! :p:
Artemidoros.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Any girl above 5 foot wearing heels is very unattractive to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (263)
80.67%
Leave (63)
19.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise