Turn on thread page Beta

New, Mid-level & Advanced Producers: Learn more about producing Hip Hop-Rap Beats! watch

ReputationRep:
    What up, though...

All Hip Hop-Rap Producers, especially new producers and those interested in becoming producers.
    Check this out:

The Second Edition of my manual/book, "BeatTips Manual: Some Insight on Making Hip Hop-Rap Beats and Music", has just been released!
    Available now at www.superchamponline.com
    In bookstores everywhere March 2004!

Click here to hear a sample of my music...

Unlike "un-user friendly" equipment manuals, that are often too "tech-related" and usually require a high learning curve and a lot of down time, BeatTipsTM doesn't require that you have an extreme level of technical understanding. It is designed so that you can easily translate the technical and/or difficult into the simple.

My manual isn't a promotion of any particular gear or support of any one music production theory. I believe that Good music can be produced on ANY piece of equipment, by any producer, using any method! I should note, however, that I use on an Akai S950/MPC 60 II setup. The setup that works best for me and some of the producers that I most respect. I therefore discuss method and technique in reference to this setup and these units first and foremost. But with regards to the many universal areas of production, such as Sampling, I do not restrict technique and method references to any particular gear.

Understand this:
    It doesn't matter if you use an Akai MPC 60 II/Akai S950 setup (as I do) or not. BeatTips is first and foremost about the WHOLE process of making Hip Hop-Rap Beats and Music. The gear that you choose to use is just one part of that process.

So, whether you use an Akai MPC 2000, an E-Mu SP 1200, an Ensoniq ASR 10, A Korg Triton, or ANY other gear and equipment, the BeatTips Manual will still be extremely helpful to you...
    It will save you a lot of time, headache and money.

Here are a couple of testimonials from past BeatTips buyers:

"I have not seen a single thing like the BeatTips Manual by Sa'id. It's the most informative thing I've ever read on how to get into producing and then succeed at it. There hasn't been anything that helped me more to become the producer and musician that I am! NO JOKE. You can't put a price on the info he's giving in the manual. No matter if you have been doing beats for years or you are just starting, anyone can learn from this manual!!! The grunt work of producing is up to you, but any advantage you can get, you need to take and learn from this manual... THANKS Sa'id
    DJ Mprov
    Stayfresh Crew

"Be sure to check out the BeatTips manual created and written by Sa'id. It has all the tangibles needed to evolve your hip hop producing skills to new heights, layed out and easy to understand. All told from producer's prespective who started out JUST LIKE YOU! Not being totally informed on gear, and just the business in general, he learned thru trials and tribulations. TONS of beatmaking techniques. Intended for hip hop lovers, at the end of the day all the tips can be applied to any style of music . There are many great sections including one on music theory that'll teach you how to listen to various songs from various times, and break them down in order to infleunce and better your own skills. You will NOT regret this purchase. Sa'id is a very very trustworthy, talented, and nice guy. He also allows followup after you buy. E-mail, phone calls.. whatever, he can and WILL help!"
    DaOriginalBlade

Click here to read futureproducers.com's Full Review of the BeatTips Manual.

Click here to purchase the BeatTips Manual($25).

The actual CONTENTS PAGE (subject list from BeatTips) looks like this:

INTRODUCTION
    GETTING YOUR GEAR
    SAMPLING
    SAMPLE EDITING
    Chopping

Filtering
    Drums pt. 1
    Bass
    Keys, Strings and Other Highs
    SEQUENCING & PROGRAMMING:
    THE MID-GAME OF MAKING A BEAT
    TIME CORRECT
    MIXING
    Drums pt. 2
    PRACTICE: THE ABSOLUTE MUST
    MUSICSTUDY™
    Loop Practice
    Scheduling Practice Time
    ADVANCED PRODUCERS
    MUSICSTUDY™ EXPANDED
    MUSIC PRODUCTION THEORY

PRODUCERS and/or RECORDING ARTISTS OF SPECIAL NOTE

HIP HOP-RAP PRODUCERS and/or ARTISTS
    THAT SHOULD BE STUDIED
    MARKETING and PROMOTING YOUR PRODUCTION
    Building a Beat and Music Catalogue
    Creating and Incorporating Your Production Company

SHOPPING YOUR BEATS and MUSIC
    AFTERWORD
    LIST OF HIP HOP-RAP PRODUCTION WEBSITES and
    PRODUCTION RELATED SERVICES
    AKAI S950/AKAI MPC 60II
    PRODUCTION SETUP BUDGET
    INDEX
    -------

If you have any questions, send me an email or call me.

one

SUPERCHAMP Records and Film Divisions/SUPERCHAMP Books
    Divisions of SUPERCHAMP, INC.
    Brooklyn, NY 11208
    (718)272-4202, (917) 270-2005
    www.superchamponline.com

ReputationRep:
    as much of a supporter of original music and independent productions, isn't this post a blatant advertisement?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.