The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Now I've been rejected by Durham, St. Andrews is my first choice... please St. Andrews just let me know...
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 81
Yep, I'm joining the (most annoyed) club... still nothing from St Andrews re. my (Medieval) History app. Vvvv annoying as it's my 2nd choice and all...:confused:
Reply 82
smurfling
Yep, I'm joining the (most annoyed) club... still nothing from St Andrews re. my (Medieval) History app. Vvvv annoying as it's my 2nd choice and all...:confused:

Did UCL reject after or without interview?
Reply 83
Has anyone heard anything from St A about Spanish and Russian at all? I'm getting really bored waiting because I want to send my choices off and can't click 'Reply to offers' until they reply! (I'm not going there unless they decide to give me a CCC offer or something silly like that!)
Luvbug
Has anyone heard anything from St A about Spanish and Russian at all? I'm getting really bored waiting because I want to send my choices off and can't click 'Reply to offers' until they reply! (I'm not going there unless they decide to give me a CCC offer or something silly like that!)

i'm in EXACTLY the same situation! but i've applied for French and Linguistics.

St.Andrews is my last uni for a reply, and it's getting on my butt now.
i don't even care if i get rejected, i just want a reply.
Reply 85
EamonnHF
Did UCL reject after or without interview?

Without for me, unfortunately.
My best friend got into Modern History and IR today (same course as I've applied to...) :frown:

And I've still received no word....

And I have a full 13% higher average than her....

And I want to go far more than her...

I'm so angry. I'm gonna go get drunk.

:miles:
Reply 87
birkstopher, why can't they just give you an offer already! i feel bad everytime i come back to this thread and still see you posting :mad: *yells at the admissions office*

it's like me with mcgill, everyone i know that applied has heard back except me!
Reply 88
birkstopher40
My best friend got into Modern History and IR today (same course as I've applied to...) :frown:

And I've still received no word....

And I have a full 13% higher average than her....

And I want to go far more than her...

I'm so angry. I'm gonna go get drunk.

:miles:

Oh dear! Maybe we'll all here next week? I got drunk last night when I discovered that I had an offer from York, I don't know what I'll do if I get an offer from St. A. Unfortunately I have no curtains and my duvet is thin, I can't sleep in bright sunlight. I'm exhausted!
I'm very frustrated with the whole situation, guys. I'm going to call St. Andrews on Monday and be as aggressive as possible (without offending the people who decide my future..) in finding out what the hell is going on. It's really getting ridiculous now!

Anyway, mishy- you're applying to McGill, eh? I got into McGill with full arts scholarship a few months ago. Montreal is a hilariously fun city- drinks are cheaper than any UK resident has ever seen, and the social scene is incredible. As well, even though the city is mostly French, you'll never need to speak English if you don't want to- the entire city is bilingual. All in all, McGill is a great university with a great rep, but it's far too large for my tastes (about 50,000 people!)- I'd much prefer the smalltown feel of St. Andrews.

...want to trade acceptances? :redface:
I got an offer back for Computer Science on the 2nd of March, don't worry admissions haven't died or anything they will get to you all soon I'm sure :smile:
Reply 91
St Andrews can reject me all they want but can they hurry up about it. :rolleyes:
Birkstopher - if you find out anything during your aggressive phonecall, will you let me know! I'm also getting slightly annoyed at their definition of 'a few weeks' but I'm sure they are working through it all...slowly. One of my friends was rejected for geography earlier this week but no one else I know has heard. I'll just keep checking UCAS obsessively!
Mmhmm, will do.

And my friend received word from St. Andrews (in the mail) before UCAS was informed of their decision... Is this the traditional method of notification? Shouldn't it be through UCAS first?
Reply 94
birkstopher40
I'm very frustrated with the whole situation, guys. I'm going to call St. Andrews on Monday and be as aggressive as possible (without offending the people who decide my future..) in finding out what the hell is going on. It's really getting ridiculous now!

Anyway, mishy- you're applying to McGill, eh? I got into McGill with full arts scholarship a few months ago. Montreal is a hilariously fun city- drinks are cheaper than any UK resident has ever seen, and the social scene is incredible. As well, even though the city is mostly French, you'll never need to speak English if you don't want to- the entire city is bilingual. All in all, McGill is a great university with a great rep, but it's far too large for my tastes (about 50,000 people!)- I'd much prefer the smalltown feel of St. Andrews.

...want to trade acceptances? :redface:

Aw damn, you made me wish I had applied to McGill. I was considering it for the longest time, but then was "warned off" by someone who said I would get stuff thrown at me because I don't speak French. :mad:

Maybe I'll go on a year abroad there. Will St. Andrews sent Americans to Canada?
lingolicious
One of my friends was rejected for geography earlier this week but no one else I know has heard. !

same here - one of my friends was rejected for Geography and French, but other people in my school haven't heard (English and French, History, and French and Linguistics (me))
Reply 96
I'm the only one at my school applying but my friend who goes to another school got an offer for Psychology in January.
hehe i bet some stupid people just applied for geography @ St.Andrews because Prince William did the same thing ... or maybe not.
Reply 98
This is really getting beyond a joke now. Are they in an alternate universe where time moves differently? Cause "a couple of weeks" has now turned into about 7. I'm driving everyone around me crazy with my constant moaning, I really want to go there, I can see people getting fed up of me, even I'm getting fed up of me! My friend has an offer for Chemistry there, but still heard nothing from UCAS about it. She says they've just moved their admissions building from one side of the town to the other... Maybe our applications are still being unpacked??? The wait is killing me!

Come on St Andrews! Please!!!
Hiya guys! Back here to moan again about the evilness of st a's!
Anyway I know this might not help, but at our uni open day on thursday i spotted the st andrews stall and almost turned very green and hulk-like in my anger, went to go give them a huuge telling them off - but like always i lost my nerve and cowered!
Still i went up to talk to them and ask for a prospectus and told her i'd applied this year. When she found out that id heard nothing the woman said she was really sorry (she actually seemed genuine ^-^) and said that theres been a massive rise in applications this year - see st a's website! :frown:, esp after i told her im applying for a joint MA in psycholgy (w/ social anthropology) and said that they are currently ploughing through them and that the latest we should all hear is by the end of march.

Hope that calms anyone down - its helped a little but im still checking ucas each day like a madwoman! :p:

Good luck everyone x

Latest

Trending

Trending