McDonald's resignation letter...

Watch
VioletSummer
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ah, that moment you get to quit a job you hate!

What do I write in my resignation letter to them? And how long is the notice period?

Thanks
worker13
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
I'm KFC's ***** now.
Kirya
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Simply state that you appreciate the time you spent working there, but that you are unable to continue working due to... (other committments, job etc)
I have no idea what the notice period would be, two weeks maybe?
Jeester
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
2 weeks notice period.

Just write something nice and when you want to quit and how much you have gained.

I nice resignation letter = a good reference!
thunder_chunky
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by VioletSummer)

What do I write in my resignation letter to them? And how long is the notice period?

Thanks
Keep it respectful. Even though you may have hated it, if you ***** about them or act like a tit in your letter they won't like it and they wont' give you a reference in your future. Remember, don't burn your bridges.

Thank them for the employment and for the experience and perhaps speak briefly on what you may have learnt during your time there.

Then just wrap it up by saying that you wish them all well and that you are now looking to move on yadda yadda.
Origami Bullets
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
[Your address]
[Date]

Dear [Manager],

I am writing to inform you that I will be leaving my job as a [job title] at McDonalds [branch] on [date], due to [reason e.g. increasing academic commitments - you don't have to say why though].

I would like to thank you for the opportunity of working at McDonalds.

Yours sincerely,
[Name]

With regards to how long the notice period is, check your contract (the info may also be in any employee handbook you've been given). Make sure you check though, as notice periods can change depending on your job role and length of service.
Tia_
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Why do you hate it? I'm just about to start there. D:
Sol1dShot
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
dear X

I hereby hand in my notice.

regards

y

HOW HARD IS THAT?
Margarita87
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Google: resignation letter templates.

Your notice period should be in your contract.
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Is it hard to get a job there? This girl in my school is really really stupid, and someone clever in our year failed the interview and she got through.. I'm thinking of applying..
samfrost93
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tia_)
Lmao good luck! You'll soon see

And thanks to the rest of you
hasan4life
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by VioletSummer)

Thanks
i was too cool to write a letter i just left and never went back

(Original post by worker13)
I'm KFC's ***** now.
i like your video in sig, kfc :coma:

(Original post by Tia_)
beginning its alright, u will hate it after at least a few months, depends on bosses, customersand repetitve work.
samfrost93
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
Is it hard to get a job there? This girl in my school is really really stupid, and someone clever in our year failed the interview and she got through.. I'm thinking of applying..
Well it was very easy when I got the job, but that was almost 2 years ago.
Tia_
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
Not hard! The only question they ask at the interview is "why do you want to work here?" and it's super easy to get an interview. It seems like a okay place to work.
Like_A_G6
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Say you don't fancy having your boss as a clown
Ronda
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Less than four weeks - Nil
Four weeks or more, but less than two years - Two weeks
Two years or more, but less than 12 years - One week for each year of continuous service
12 years and over - 12 weeks

From employee handbook.

For anyone else asking questions, there's a big McDonald's thread here where you'll be able to get answers, and there's plenty of people to answer questions
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I didn't bother doing a letter, just spoke to the manager.
`Chris
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronda)
Less than four weeks - Nil
Four weeks or more, but less than two years - Two weeks
Two years or more, but less than 12 years - One week for each year of continuous service
12 years and over - 12 weeks

From employee handbook.

For anyone else asking questions, there's a big McDonald's thread here where you'll be able to get answers, and there's plenty of people to answer questions
Some staff are genuinally required to give 3 months notice to leave a Customer Assistant job?!? That's insane! That's a long notice period for a management position, which of course would include recruitment of a new manager and training, but for a job like this? Ridiculous!
Felineyx
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by `Chris)
Some staff are genuinally required to give 3 months notice to leave a Customer Assistant job?!? That's insane! That's a long notice period for a management position, which of course would include recruitment of a new manager and training, but for a job like this? Ridiculous!
Actually not necessarily. The people who've been in their job for 12/13 years are generally the most experienced and they need that twelve weeks to try and 'fill the hole' that's going to be left behind.
Ronda
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by `Chris)
Generally, if someone's been in the company that long then they are going to be in a higher up position that's going to need filled. They're going to have to find someone new for that position, and quite often that person will need to go through a bit of training which takes time. For example, the shift running course lasts 10 weeks, and there's 3 in-store positions higher up than that. So no, not really unreasonable to expect someone who's been in the company for that amount of time to give 3 months notice, even if it is only in a place like McDonald's :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (57)
12.45%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.75%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.64%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
9.39%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (213)
46.51%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.28%

Watched Threads