The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/three-fixtures-switched-in-april

Still no news on the Mersey derby. I think Cardiff's one was already re-arranged...

WBA won't be televised?
Original post by Belle-x
Ticket has arrived :biggrin:

Same (according to my dad!) I'M SO EXCITED!
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/02/league-cup-final-the-view-from-cardiff/

This is your fourth visit to the new Wembley. What have you made of the Stadium?

As a Welsh football fan Wembley holds no great affinity for me and in its present incarnation it just appears to be the mother ship of clinical modern identikit football stadia. The view of the game is good from all the parts of the ground I’ve sat in but there does seem to be something lacking in its identity. The old Wembley was pretty dire but at least the ground was distinctive and you always knew where you were. I will say though that access to the stadium itself and the facilities on the concourses is pretty good (provided you are prepared to pay £7.50 for a burger and chips and £4 a pint) and I have never had any problems travelling to and from the ground via tube.

Completely agree with that. Wembley as a stadium is nothing special - it has no character, it isn't distinctive in anyway. It all just feels very corporate and controlled..
Original post by Zerforax
Long as he doesn't get involved with the Utd fans and keeps out of trouble (and has paid for his ticket :colondollar:) they shouldn't really care.

I'm sure we'll see a great celebration if Ajax win the game :colone:

He'll be there as a guest of Ajax's so he won't have a ticket to pay for. It's not a problem at all, it's not even an issue, it's his former team and he's been invited to go watch them. People are just looking for sensationalist headlines when one isn't there.
Oh, and my dad has said my ticket has arrived at home too :biggrin: Getting excited now :biggrin:
Reply 2946
Train & match ticks arrived.. sorted.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm going to London friday and come back monday afternoon, hopefully getting a ticket.

Any of you live in London, or know it very well, that know Liverpool too, from a night life perspective?

I'm looking for similar bars to the likes of up here, last time we took the advice of street ticket sellers who ripped us off and took us to the worst places possible.
Reply 2948
Original post by lazy smurf
I'm going to London friday and come back monday afternoon, hopefully getting a ticket.

Any of you live in London, or know it very well, that know Liverpool too, from a night life perspective?

I'm looking for similar bars to the likes of up here, last time we took the advice of street ticket sellers who ripped us off and took us to the worst places possible.

Not from London, but I hear Shoreditch is great for nightlife.
Original post by Pn94
Not from London, but I hear Shoreditch is great for nightlife.

Ah,

I'm basically looking for the types of Ca Va & pop world type places.

Should create a thread but too much to do.
Reply 2950
Ah,

From what I've heard Shoreditch has a large variety of different places.

You'd be better off asking in the Arsenal or Chelsea threads though.
Ah,

You won't find a place like Ca Va mate. Had a friend from London come up here at the start of October and he went mental in Ca Va because he didn't know that you could get Tequila so cheap
Just wondering.. do each teams anthems/songs get played at the start of any final games? In other words will YNWA be played, alongside Cardiff's equivalent? Just like at international matches where the national anthems of each team are played? Or will we all just have to sing YNWA at the start ourselves anyway? :biggrin:
Reply 2953
Original post by orionmoo
Just wondering.. do each teams anthems/songs get played at the start of any final games? In other words will YNWA be played, alongside Cardiff's equivalent? Just like at international matches where the national anthems of each team are played? Or will we all just have to sing YNWA at the start ourselves anyway? :biggrin:

I think they normally sing the national anthem, but I think they should sing Wales one too if they do that...
Ah,

Where are you staying? As in, what part of London, east, west?

Original post by ChrisWilliams
You won't find a place like Ca Va mate. Had a friend from London come up here at the start of October and he went mental in Ca Va because he didn't know that you could get Tequila so cheap

What is Ca Va? A cheap pub/club?
Original post by Kevmeister

Tequila bar. Shots of tequila for £1 (or it was last time I went).
Original post by Kevmeister

Tequila bar. £1 a shot, with many many flavours. I however avoid the place as every time I've had tequila from there I've been sick. Just the smell of it in the place makes me want to throw up now...
Original post by Belle-x
Tequila bar. Shots of tequila for £1 (or it was last time I went).

Still is a £1 a shot. Love the place. Drink Tequila that doesn't taste like Tequila but still gets you into the same state that only Tequila can get you into and for cheap as well. Brilliant!
Aha, little chance of getting tequila at £1 a shot in London.

Cheapest pubs are whetherspoon, which run at about £2-3 a pint - I rarely do shots at the start of a night, ergo rarely remember the cost.
Reply 2959
Reports of Rafa to Chelsea from a few papers including the Times.

Wouldn't like to see it happen.

Latest