The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4400
Original post by Kruz
Someone reported me on this thread

Well if you got warning points for it, wouldn't it have been a correct report?
Original post by Kruz
Someone reported me on this thread

Christ, are you seriously moaning about someone reporting you on a threat? IT'S THE INTERNET, IT DOESN'T MATTER AND DOESN'T HAVE ANY BEARING ON YOUR LIFE WHATSOEVER!!!
Reply 4402
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Christ, are you seriously moaning about someone reporting you on a threat? IT'S THE INTERNET, IT DOESN'T MATTER AND DOESN'T HAVE ANY BEARING ON YOUR LIFE WHATSOEVER!!!

Original post by ChrisWilliams

tumblr_l81s45jcGa1qcwqrro1_400.png
It amazes me how some people care about what someone who they're never going to meet in their lives thinks of them.
Reply 4405
Think Kuyt will be on his way in the summer.

Anyone else on here listen to The Anfield Wrap?
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't think Kuyt is going anywhere, someone will certainly have to leave if we buy a striker. I presume it'll be a midfielder though with Lucas coming back. Shelvey will probably go out on loan once again, hopefully to a premier league club this time.
Reply 4407
If Kuyt goes then...

Smh.
Reply 4408
Original post by Jim-Jam
If Kuyt goes then...

Smh.

If a Β£5m or Β£6m offer comes in then sell him... he's been poor for the majority of this season anyway.
We're definitely going to buy a striker considering we can't score goals.
Reply 4410
Original post by Pn94
If a Β£5m or Β£6m offer comes in then sell him... he's been poor for the majority of this season anyway.

Yeah, he's been far worse than the blistering form of Suarez, Carroll, Maxi, Henderson and Adam hasn't he.

We would't have a trophy if it weren't for him. Think about that. Kenny probably wouldn't be in charge next season.
Gueiseppe Rossi anyone? Just had a major injury, should make our chances of acquiring him a little better. Undoubtedly a world class talent. What are the chances of that do you reckon?
Original post by lifeshard
Gueiseppe Rossi anyone? Just had a major injury, should make our chances of acquiring him a little better. Undoubtedly a world class talent. What are the chances of that do you reckon?

Ex United player; I don't think we have a chance!! :frown:
Original post by Karma Charger
Suarez- playing in the Dutch league which isn't as good as the Premier League, and Ajax had little chance of ever winning any European trophies. Downing and Enrique came from clubs that are described as 'smaller', although I disagree. Your reasoning is strange!

Yeah but Suarez was such a great player and the prices touted for him were outrageous in the summer and in January. I never thought he'd consider a move to Liverpool as we weren't competing in the Champions League and frankly, an absolute shambles. What is strange about thinking Suarez would prefer to wait till the summer for a CL team to come get him or at least wait to see what the hell happened with us? Every time you turned on the news, there was something bad about LFC on there. And then when Torres left I thought oh god, this is the nail in the coffin. No way is he coming. No doubt we're a step up from Ajax but you'd think he'd want even more than that. But don't get me wrong, i'm glad he's here and I really hope we're able to repay his faith in us.

Downing and Enrique both came from smaller clubs, I know. I don't deny that. What I meant was because they both had come off the back of such great seasons with there respective clubs and were linked with basically EVERYONE. I thought they'd favour moves to teams with CL football as well. Given their ages, I didn't think they'd wanna give us the time a day. If Downing replicated is Aston Villa form he'd no doubt he one of our standout players right now, which is why we bought him cept unfortunately we have a bit of a Torres situation going on with him.

My reasoning was, CL football is clearly not everything.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Ex United player; I don't think we have a chance!! :frown:

Omg ergh I never even realized? That snuffs out a great idea of mine.
He was there for 2 years and barely did a thing, I doubt he has a alliance to them..

Anyway don't laugh, but the more i see Defoe the more i think, "How about a punt on him?". He keeps, not starting and still scoring. One of those players that's in the back of my mind, would prefer others before him since he wouldn't be cheap.
Reply 4416
Really don't want Defoe as our first choice striker, wouldn't mind him as back-up though.
Reply 4417
Original post by Jim-Jam
Yeah, he's been far worse than the blistering form of Suarez, Carroll, Maxi, Henderson and Adam hasn't he.

We would't have a trophy if it weren't for him. Think about that. Kenny probably wouldn't be in charge next season.

And we wouldn't have a 5th CL without Jerzy Dudek, didn't stop us moving him on...

He's getting no younger, won't get any better & still has reasonable value. Selling him and signing someone young & promising/promoting someone from the youths wouldn't be the worst thing to do. But if he wants to stay & accepts a bit part role, then fine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lifeshard

Think he will want CL football.

More than anything we need a striker with great movement.

We have Gerrard and will get Lucas back, both can spot a pass. Henderson will get better and it's what Adam should be doing.

Enough passing creativity in theory, just need someone to make the movement up ahead.
Original post by Zerforax
Think he will want CL football.

More than anything we need a striker with great movement.

We have Gerrard and will get Lucas back, both can spot a pass. Henderson will get better and it's what Adam should be doing.

Enough passing creativity in theory, just need someone to make the movement up ahead.

Yeah it's clear to see what brand of football Kenny wants us playing and for that you need intelligent players always making the right runs. Bit like Atletico Bilbao. Problem is we haven't got the players to execute it properly so it's all been a bit wishy washy and not very effective (i.e. 10 draws at home). Hopefully they fix it this summer.

Latest