The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lifeshard
For me, I don't even give the time of day to people who sing or even THINK 'Always the victim, it's never your fault'. For gods sakes, PEOPLE DIED. I feel bad for them just like I do for Hillsborough or how I would for ANY TRADEGY. Do you think the Liverpool fans that were present WANTED 39 italians to end up dead? Do you think they went to Italy armed with machine guns with the sole intention to cause mass destruction and obliterate as many Juve fans as they could? It is most often portrayed that way and if you really think that i'm not talking to you. You clearly don't have a close relationship with LOGIC. That situation got to a point it never should have and it's unfortunate. I have the deepest remorse for the people affected and I say rest in peace and that's all there is to it. Anyone who makes any other issue out of it is a child and needs to take a step away from football if it gets to the point where you cannot even seperate death and football fandom. Yes the disaster was caused mostly by aggressive and disorderly Liverpool fans. Liverpool Football Club served their ban from Europe. 39 people died and we can never bring them back. Does that mean I, as a Liverpool fan should be ashamed of myself? No Heysel happened 20 odd years before I was born. Why should I feel some sort of responsibility for it? Yes the Liverpool fans that were there acted disgustingly, I abhor them as I would had they been fans of any other football club. IN FACT, I will go further and say who they supported has no baring or relevance to the topic at hand anyway. It means nothing. It's like a mass murderer in China turns out to be a Spurs fan and then people start singing about it at Spurs games. This is how flawed and stupid the logic behind singing about disaster is. It makes no sense and the fact that a great number of people do it is sickening to me really.

I feel the same way about Heysel as I do Hillsborough, events I was not directly affected by but I feel endless remorse for the people that were. I will never understand people that think it's appropriate to sing about these issues as a stick to beat Liverpool fans with. Just like I am sickened by Liverpool fans, or any fans, that sing about Munich. It's juvenile, it's pathetic and it's hypocritical.

The club brings more attention to Hillsborough because there is an on going justice campaign.

Heysel happened in 1985, so hardly 20 years before you were born. Also, it wasn't all Italian fans who died out of the 39 that did, there were a few Belgians there and other nationalities too. As regrettable as it was, it's still used as a stick to beat us with by those who criticise us and take the piss out of us for celebrating out past successes, as ironic as that is.
Reply 7701
If Suarez finished like he did today, all season we would be contending for the league.
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Heysel happened in 1985, so hardly 20 years before you were born. Also, it wasn't all Italian fans who died out of the 39 that did, there were a few Belgians there and other nationalities too. As regrettable as it was, it's still used as a stick to beat us with by those who criticise us and take the piss out of us for celebrating out past successes, as ironic as that is.

Ha sorry, got some facts wrong there. Really so Heysel happened only 3 years before Hillsborough? For some reason I thought it was 69'. Wow it must have been difficult to be a Liverpool fan in those times. We get so much stick over it now, imagine then right in the **** of things. I suppose all the success made it easier.

It's pathetic. It really is. It used to really annoy me but I honestly don't care anymore. It just makes me cringe. Especially when people try to come up with intellectual explanations for why they do it when no matter which way you twist it, it will never make sense. How it makes sense to ANYONE that it's ever appropriate to sing about tradegy in anything other than rememberance/mourning/respect is just utterly disgusting.

For example, if Everton were involved in a disaster because of hooliganism in which however many people died. I have no doubt there would be Liverpool fans and other fans alike calling Everton fans as a group, 'scum' when it's not even about that. Sometimes I think the 'us' and 'them' mentality in football is a little dangerous and impedes on a lot of peoples common sense.
(edited 11 years ago)
I think Suarez has 17 goals this season. Not a bad return to be honest. Not great either but considering how much else Suarez offers as a player it's decent. I'd prefer that to be in the league only and not in all competitions. He would most likely have more if he hadn't been banned for 9 games. If we make the adjustments needed to our attack (better left winger, right winger and new CF) I have no doubt Suarez will score at least 20 in the league (he is definitely capable) and create even more while hopefully his strike partner will score more.

This summer is just huge!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7704
My procrastination today has revolved around watching Suarez's third goal like a 100 times.
Team for Next Season

---------------Reina-------------
Johnson---Agger--Skrtel---Enrique
---------------------------------
-------Lucas--------J.Martinez-----
--------------------------------
----Gerrard------------G.Ramirez-
--------Suarez--F.Llorente-----
Reply 7706
Original post by DaveSmith99
Yet many liverpool fans, including people on here, fail to accept that liverpool fans have to take a significant amount of blame for Heysel.

Which is what the previous two posters have just said?
Transfer Ins:
Gaston Ramirez: £16 Million
Javi Martinez: £25 Million
Fernando Llorente: £20 Million

Transfer Outs:
Alberto Aqualani: £16 Million
Jole Cole: £10 Million
Dirk Kuyt: £5 Million
Maxi Rodriguez: £5 Million
Original post by sivaa015.310

Transfer Outs:
Alberto Aqualani: £16 Million
Jole Cole: £10 Million
Dirk Kuyt: £5 Million
Maxi Rodriguez: £5 Million

You're seriously clueless. AC Milan don't want to sign Aquilani for £6m so who the **** is going to pay £16m for him? You're embarrassing yourself.
Reply 7709
Original post by ChrisWilliams
You're seriously clueless. AC Milan don't want to sign Aquilani for £6m so who the **** is going to pay £16m for him? You're embarrassing yourself.

I don't know if he's a really bad WUM or just really thick.

Anyway I heard that we had scouts at Bologna's game today as well as at Bilbao's game. Kenny was also present at Montepillier vs Tolouse.

So possible players being looked at:
Ramirez, Muniain, Susaeta, Martinez, Sissoko, Capoue, Giroud, Mbiwa?
Reply 7710
Original post by kuks
I don't know if he's a really bad WUM or just really thick.

Anyway I heard that we had scouts at Bologna's game today as well as at Bilbao's game. Kenny was also present at Montepillier vs Tolouse.

So possible players being looked at:
Ramirez, Muniain, Susaeta, Martinez, Sissoko, Capoue, Giroud, Mbiwa?

I posted yesterday we're rumoured to have bid £16m for Ramirez, so I guess that'll account for Bologna. With Bilbao we could be looking at a number of their players.
(Not great as it's the Daily fail)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2136536/Gaston-Ramirez-Liverpool-make-bid-Bologna-midfielder.html
Reply 7711
I'd love us to sign Martinez/Munain. Can't see it happening though.
Original post by Deshi
My procrastination today has revolved around watching Suarez's third goal like a 100 times.

I watched that 15 angle video as soon as I woke up this morning :drool:
Find it a bid odd how Torres has found is scoring boots right before the Euros (since he was in serious danger of losing his place), a bit like he did for us during the January window, especially against Chelsea?

Hahaha bit of a moo point since I know Torres would have prefferred to have been scoring all season long and is now doing so because of that goal v Barca but it's just a thought!

Think he seems to require a lot of motivation.

SPURS PLEASE. WIN.
Reply 7714
One of the greatest vids ever:

Spoiler

Original post by Deshi
One of the greatest vids ever:

Spoiler

:rofl:

"****ing knock him out......." lol

The guys reaction to the people calling for him to get off the pitch, is hilarious!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Next seasons odds for liverpool to finish in top 4- 9/2. Not bad?
In all honesty, I wouldn't put money on that 9/2. The manager doesn't have a clue, the midfield looks average even with Lucas back, and we don't have any idea bout signings yet.
I don't know why I've been neg repped. The back 5 has a good claim to be the best in the league, and yet, even the defence have been rubbish lately because the midfield is so ****, gives the ball away needlessly and puts undue pressure on the defence. And Pepe's reactions have gotten ****ter recently as well, because some idiot who used to be tranmere's reserve coach is now the Liverpool GK coach instead of that top quality Spaniard Rafa brought over. Although Enrique and Skrtel have both tailed off a tad. And Coates, the natural replacement for the injured Agger is repeatedly neglected in favour of Carra, who may as well be playing on a mobility scooter. Maxi very rarely has a bad game when called upon and yet is overlooked in favour of Downing, who can only have had 3 good games all season; Henderson and Downing as wingers must be the most absurd choice of wingers, and the worst, in the whole league considering that Maxi, Bellamy and Kuyt, as well as Gerrard and Suarez could easily play there.

The strike force is okay, Carroll has improved and though Suarez can be wasteful, its only because you'd rather have Suarez twisting and turning 20 yards out than Downing or Kuyt shooting from 5 yards.

Liverpool's summer hinges on whether Kenny will be brave enough to cut his losses by selling Downing and buying a proper partner for Suarez. Carroll, by all means can remain as a plan B, it makes no financial or footballing sense to sell him atm. Liverpool are three players, but more crucially, a change in manager away from a top 3 place. If the right changes are made now, a good title challenge is conceivable in 2-3 seasons time.
Original post by sivaa015.310
Team for Next Season

---------------Reina-------------
Johnson---Agger--Skrtel---Enrique
---------------------------------
-------Lucas--------J.Martinez-----
----Gerrard------------G.Ramirez-
--------Suarez--F.Llorente-----

I don't know why you got so many negs for this but if that was our team we'd be title chalenging.

It's highly, highly unlikely though. Highly.

It just goes to show if we sign the right players we'd be transformed. The spine is there.

Latest