The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton Primary PGCE

Anyone else starting a PGCE in Primary teaching at Brighton in September 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by clarebear36
Anyone else starting a PGCE in Primary teaching at Brighton in September 2012?

Hello clarebear! Yes I will be starting on the 5-11 at Brighton in Sept!:smile: How exciting! Just out of interest what interview day were you on? I had mine on 6th Dec, Ive not spoke to anyone I met on the day since then so no idea who else got on! Really looking forward to it. Except Ive just been looking on the student finance website and not so looking forward to filling all that in!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hiya. I was at the interview on the 22nd of November, seems like ages ago. Yeah, there are loads of things to sort out (including moving down from Manchester in my case). It's all very exciting though :-)
Reply 3
Are you! That is alot for you to arrange! But it will be a great move, Brighton/East Sussex is a great place to live :-)I'm local, Im actually studying 3rd year of my degree at the moment at the Falmer campus at Brighton so I know the campus well but still big changes after the summer! Its going to be such a tough year but an enjoyable one at that! Are you studying your 3rd year at the mo or do you already have your degree? Im working so hard to get atleast a 2:1 to get a bursary! Its a good incentive to keep me going!
Reply 4
I am originally from Brighton but moved to Manchester for Uni and still haven't moved back even though I graduated '10. Good luck in getting a 2:1, the bursary is definitely going to be useful! Which course are you studying for your degree?
Reply 5
Heya,

I've just found out that I've got in! I'll be on the 3-7 years. I'm excited, especially for moving to Brighton. Scared about the workload tho...
I'm also in my third year so trying really hard for the bursaries aswell!

sally
Reply 6
Hi, My name's James Chapman.

Just found out I got into the 5-11 PGCE two weeks ago!! Anyone looking for a place to live in Brighton/close to the Falmer Campus? Yes I am a man, but I promise i'm not too messy!!
Reply 7
James, you should have look on spareroom.co.uk you might find somewhere good on there. Also apparently we'll get a password to get onto a site called student pad which allows you to go on a cheaper housing website which is put together by the Uni. I don't really know much about that though...
Reply 8
James, we met at the interview didn't we? I got on the PGCE as well and need to find a place to live for next year. So would quite like to find some people to househunt with, ideally people on the PGCE
Matt
Reply 9
Also, you just need to phone up the accomodation office and they will give you the password to student pad x
Hello all,

I'm also starting in September on the 3-7 course. Very scared but very excited! Has anyone had CRB stuff through yet?
Reply 11
Hi all,

I'll be starting the 5-11 course in September. It's a mixture of nerves and excitement.

Was anyone on here at the 17th of Jan interviews? Has anyone received any info yet?

Looking forward to meeting you all in September.

Emily
Reply 12
Original post by mattfahy

Original post by mattfahy
James, we met at the interview didn't we? I got on the PGCE as well and need to find a place to live for next year. So would quite like to find some people to househunt with, ideally people on the PGCE
Matt

Hello mate it's James Chapman here (we met at the PGCE interview),

I got your message, well done for getting in. Yeah I'm looking for a place, and it would be great to have you on board if you're keen. We may have to try and find some other people too (will make the rent cheaper), but would be good to live with at least one other person on the same course as me.

Hope all's well.

Cheers everyone else for your help, will bare it in mind.
Reply 13
Hi!!!
I've been accepted too! I'm so excited but atm I'm having problems with student finance- they're not recognising the course. I keep ringing them but they're useless. I too will be looking to move down to Brighton. Has anyone been sent any info yet?
Reply 14
hello there! i am unsure if any of you got my last message! i am also starting a pgce in brighton this september! i was wondering if any of you were looking into house sharing at all?

I am tidy friendly easy going girl:smile: and would like a calm but fun place to live in order to do my pgce!

please email me ( [Mod note: Email removed, please use private messages to exchange contact details]) or add me on facebook (Melissa carter ( bath spa) if you wish to chat or get to know me better, or if you know of anyone in the same position!

Thank you.x
Reply 15
Hi guys, i just wondered how long it took for you to hear back after your interviews? I had mine on the 7th so 2 weeks this coming tues....
Reply 16
took about 2/3 months before they got back to me but they said that 'no news is good news' because they let you know pretty much straight away if you definitely didn't get a place. Good luck!
Reply 17
Oh my god I don't think i can take so much waiting, i have been checking it every 5 minutes!! I got an email saying they needed to do a fee assessment before they could make a decision on my fee status so I don't know if that's a good or bad sign! Did they say you'd hear back in two weeks? 3 months is so far away. Thanks!
Reply 18
Hi people that have mentioned needing somewhere to live,

I have a couple of rooms in my place available. I did write all the info but The Student Room got mad at me because they thought that I was spamming everyone and deleted it... If you're interested then private message me your email address and I'll send you the details!

Clare x
Reply 19
The long wait is definitely a good sign! I had my interview in Nov and didn't hear until January. It wasn't fun because everyone at my work kept asking every week if I'd heard and I would just have to say no : (
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending