Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    You are in a cold house in the winter. It is dark. You have one match. There is a candle and there is a wood burning stove. Which do you light first?
    Match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt the cat)
    Match
    very good

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

What should have he said?

ReputationRep:
    How are you suppose to light the match?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    very good

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

What should have he said?
    three - number of letters in the word of the number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    three - number of letters in the word of the number
    yup

ReputationRep:
    What has roots as nobody sees,
    Is taller than trees
    Up, up it goes,
    And yet never grows?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    What has roots as nobody sees,
    Is taller than trees
    Up, up it goes,
    And yet never grows?
    I would say a mountain but they do grow

ReputationRep:
    I would say a mountain but they do grow
    thats right; but they dont grow (do they?) i just got it off the net

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    How are you suppose to light the match?
    Well back in the olden days (they still do them now by the way) not all matches are saft matches and you can actually strike them on most rough surfaces... even a mans stubble!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    They do grow (trust me I'm a geologist) but only when the rate of uplift is greater than the rate of erosion

ReputationRep:
    Yes they do... plate tectonics... constructive margins/boundaries.

Thats how they are formed

ReputationRep:
    'Twas in heaven pronounced, 'twas muttered in hell, and echo caught faintly the sound as it fell. On the confines of earth it was permitted to rest, and in the depths of its presence there was confessed.

ReputationRep:
    'Twas in heaven pronounced, 'twas muttered in hell, and echo caught faintly the sound as it fell. On the confines of earth it was permitted to rest, and in the depths of its presence there was confessed.
    ooooh i cant think...

ReputationRep:
    They do grow (trust me I'm a geologist) but only when the rate of uplift is greater than the rate of erosion
    yeh yeh but i think it meant grow as in the biological sense (if you can understand what i mean)

ReputationRep:
    yeh yeh but i think it meant grow as in the biological sense (if you can understand what i mean)
    Well they increase in size, number of particles, therefore mass, they certainly age and indeed mature, just like many 'living' organisms... but i think if you look at it with really wide eyes you could probably make out that they are alive... happens all the time in books

ReputationRep:
    Well they increase in size, number of particles, therefore mass, they certainly age and indeed mature, just like many 'living' organisms... but i think if you look at it with really wide eyes you could probably make out that they are alive... happens all the time in books
    Come on Matt given up all ready?

ReputationRep:
    Come on Matt given up all ready?
    Ok you win, but here is a little special something for this forum... fact:

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

ReputationRep:
    Ok you win, but here is a little special something for this forum... fact:

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
    Yeh I knew that mate.
    Giving up is for the week.
    Think about the riddle and thou shalt come to you.

ReputationRep:
    snow ?

ReputationRep:
    Damn this is a little bugger.... pretty sure its not snow though

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.