moominman2
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok ok right...

I sent me ucas off for business IT and Business Computing. Wow I didn't think the IT side through well enough.

Wanting to change to business and psychology.

I love psych, very interesting, and business sounds like it will be a nice transferable course to take. I am interested and have a slight business head when talking facts and figures.

What do you think of business studies? Studies? studies? studies?

I know a lot of people poo all over ANYTHING with studies in it.

Any opinions would be great. Don't wanna do business IT...I think I would be bored stiff.

Thanks! Luke.
moominman2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
someone...
Mokert23
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
hey,

have you found a buisness + psychology course. i was looking for something similar for a long time as i want to probably end up in management training or hr related roles. i wouldn't worry do much about studies imo, yes certain people will look down on it but its exactly the same with other established courses like geography etc.

I presume depending on the course you may have the option to take either extra psych or it modules so you may have that flexibility. go for what your interested in and the rest will follow.
bakeacupcake
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I applied for a business&psychology degree, but now I'm thinking what can I do in life with it :s?
Mokert23
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Psychology can help massively in areas such as human resources or training. motivational aspects of management. it depends what areas of psychology however as pure psychology so to speak leans more towards the clinical side
moominman2
Rep:
Thanks guys.

Well, it's transferable skills. I'm doing it because I enjoy psych, but don't want to go into it for a career so a broad business course will go nicely. I haven't studied business prior to this, but I like to think I have a business mind and believe I'll enjoy it.

Thanks for the replies.
CamilleClarke
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by moominman2)
Thanks guys.

Well, it's transferable skills. I'm doing it because I enjoy psych, but don't want to go into it for a career so a broad business course will go nicely. I haven't studied business prior to this, but I like to think I have a business mind and believe I'll enjoy it.

Thanks for the replies.
What did you go for in the end?
moominman2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Wow, this is old. I must have only been back here a few times since I asked this question.

And...hahaha business and IT? Couldn't have been further away from what I actually enjoy doing. I didn't even study either of them for my a-levels...idiot.

Anyway, I'm currently in my last year studying psychology with a module in criminology. So happy to have gone for what I thought I'd enjoy most, and can't stress enough how important that actually is.

Thanks for asking. Feels pretty good to be able to say this.

Luke
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (119)
33.9%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.07%
No (93)
26.5%
I'm not sure (44)
12.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed