The Student Room Group

Man arrested for agreeing to meet with & sex with 14year old girl/POLICE WOMAN?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by beepbeeprichie
Entrapment.

Name of girl in sig.
Original post by puma21
Name of girl in sig.

Kayden Kross.
Original post by Kaykiie
There was one episode though where the guy was 21 and the 'girl' was 15. In our country nobody would care. He was arrested. I get that in America the age of consent is 18 but that guy was hardly a paedophile.

Age of consent is age of consent. Its 16 here, he would still be in trouble.
Original post by 94george94
It is completely the same, both situations have some gratification as a reward, whether that be sexual gratification of gratification that your family is still safe.Besides, sexual desire isn't something you can control.

Just sayin'

I couldnt disagree more. Its not gratification that your family are safe. that's not gratifying or pleasure at all. That's removal of fear after physical danger/threat. That is not gratifying. I don't feel constant pleasure from not being beaten to a pulp.

There is a difference in how most people react between a carrot and a stick approach to discipline.

We can very much live without having sex for one day but having your family shot and murdered would cause a ridiculously strong fight or flight.

If a brute stood over you about to glass you in the eye telling you to steal something significant, you would feel a different kind of pressure than if someone said that they'd let you see their bra if you stole x.

Sexual desire cant be controlled but acting on it (ie actually seeking to act on it) on this occasion is wrong. And agreeing to sleep with a young girl is an act seeking to advance and implement his sick ideas, which should quite frankly remain in his head. It's selfish also because it completely disregards the best interests of the girl and is ALL about him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kaykiie
I know that but the way it was handled on the show was ridiculous.

Saying that though, there are a lot of creepy guys on that show :s-smilie:
Although he may not be a peado in the sense he wants little kids. It is predatory, as a 21 year old guy who looks around and think these 15 year olds are so much more sexually appealing than girls my own age? They simply don't, he's taking advantage of the fact she's is young and naive.
Have you never heard of the FBI 'entrapment' tactics? EG the case where they actually tried to recruit a terrorist and sell him stingers..
Original post by In2deep
From previous similar stories, what usually happens is that the undercover officer behind the screen is extremely passive (as a normal young innocent teenager would probably be) and then agrees to meet up with the potential paedophile, if he shows up at the place then he is guilty.

I see nothing wrong with this morally, he knows the girl is 14 and still decides to meet her (having previously stated his intentions through IM).

the defintion of this would differ from society to society etc . . . . various surverys done on sex and the use of the internet etc just in britian shows surprising results . . . .

in terms of the defence team, I'm sure they could get their client off such a charge.
Reply 87
Original post by flowermaster91
No it wouldn't, it is just the fact of a grown man having sex with young girl I find quite disturbing.

I never called him a paedophile.

that was a general statement.
People, I don't think the police would try to set him up if he didn't have any complaints/history or if he didn't display any suspicious behavior.

I am sure he must have had done something which caused the police to search for conviction. The police don't randomly go around looking for underage sex offenders.

And lead or not, willing or unwilling, young looking or older looking, and 40 year old man should have enough morals and wits about him to not want to and go to have sex with a 14 year old.
Reply 89
Original post by Eveiebaby
I couldnt disagree more. Its not gratification that your family are safe. that's not gratifying or pleasure at all. That's removal of fear after physical danger/threat. That is not gratifying. I don't feel constant pleasure from not being beaten to a pulp.

What if they were offered money to design and make the bombs? Then the situation is fairly similar.
Reply 90
Original post by aceguy
what would be the correct term then for someone having sex with someone underage ? if its not paedophillia

It's sex with someone underage. There isn't a word specifically for it. A 16 year old who has sex with a 15 year old has broken the law but they aren't a paedophile, hebephile or ephobophile. There isn't a "philia" specifically for people who are under the legal age of consent.
Reply 91
Original post by Psyk
It's sex with someone underage. There isn't a word specifically for it. A 16 year old who has sex with a 15 year old has broken the law but they aren't a paedophile, hebephile or ephobophile. There isn't a "philia" specifically for people who are under the legal age of consent.

but normaly it wouldnt be seen as paedophile act if someone is only having sex with someone few years age diffrence but if they are much older then it would be seen as it
Reply 92
Original post by aceguy
but normaly it wouldnt be seen as paedophile act if someone is only having sex with someone few years age diffrence but if they are much older then it would be seen as it

It would still be incorrect though. That's ephebophilia.
Reply 93
Original post by alexmagpie
Perhaps, but as a society, we live by certain rules, and protecting innocent children is one of those. And you certainly aren't at your most fertile when when reach puberty - it's a process that lasts many years, not an immediate state of being.

It's not like the man was planning to start a relationship with the girl, and raise and provide for the kids (if we're talking biologically, that's an adaptive action too). The facts are he was going to screw a minor, maybe mess her up psychologically and leave. It's abuse, even if she thinks she's mature enough to consent.

And no, those tests are for couples trying to have a child and wanting to work out accurately when in the month she's ovulating.

It was a joke about the stick ;-)

And the point about the biological is if we are (evolutionarily) pre programmed (for the purpose of having healthy offspring) to be attracted to a certain type of person (fertile/Healthy) who we recognise visually - a 14 year old can give off those signals, it's wrong to start saying this type of attraction is wrong /perverse (and apparently it's not wrong in Spain).

We even seem to have our own resident goddess who was a D at 12 - by my maths that would make her a GG now - the jail cells she must have filled.

My point is 14 is a high number to choose - anyone, pervert or not could have got stung. Should have picked a much lower number if they wanted to prove something.

The above assumes the girl initiates the relationship.

The point you make about even if the girl gives consent sends shivers down my spine: I seem to recall some president bunga bunga - that girl was like sex on legs, and that was just looking at her face.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
They do this all the time in america, there is a charity set up to catch people. Thing is they go into adult chat rooms and talk about sex to the men and suggest lots of things. Obviously it is wrong for the people to go along with it but I feel they are somewhat coaxed.

Then again they have caught some real sickos this way so maybe it is a benefit.
Reply 95
Original post by RMIM
It was a joke about the stick ;-)

And the point about the biological is if we are (evolutionarily) pre programmed (for the purpose of having healthy offspring) to be attracted to a certain type of person (fertile/Healthy) who we recognise visually - a 14 year old can give off those signals, it's wrong to start saying this type of attraction is wrong /perverse (and apparently it's not wrong in Spain).

We even seem to have our own resident goddess who was a D at 12 - by my maths that would make her a GG now - the jail cells she must have filled.

My point is 14 is a high number to choose - anyone, pervert or not could have got stung. Should have picked a much lower number if they wanted to prove something.

The above assumes the girl initiates the relationship.

The point you make about even if the girl gives consent sends shivers down my spine: I seem to recall some president bunga bunga - that girl was like sex on legs, and that was just looking at her face.

Of course the girl doesn't initiate- that would never be admissable in court.

It doesn't matter if you fancy a 14 year old and keep it to yourself, but it is a criminal issue if you attempt to have sex with someone who is not of the age to give consent. A 14 year old will not necessarily have the knowledge to know what she is consenting to, for starters,
Reply 96
Original post by blu tack
A 14 year old will not necessarily have the knowledge to know what she is consenting to, for starters,

Have you met that bunga bunga girl?
Reply 97
Original post by RMIM
Have you met that bunga bunga girl?

...I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

You seem to be implying that if a girl has got big boobs, she is fair game whatever age she is.

If a girl looks 18 and you fancy her, and you found out she's actually 13, would you go for it? I hope not.
Reply 98
Original post by blu tack
...I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

You seem to be implying that if a girl has got big boobs, she is fair game whatever age she is.

If a girl looks 18 and you fancy her, and you found out she's actually 13, would you go for it? I hope not.

We are talking about 14 and how a first world country like Spain views this, how it differs from other countries - how did they come up with their numbers. It shows that people have different ideas of what the age of consent should be - to me it seems picking 14 for a sting operation is stupid, what if the chap was a Spaniard?

I don’t think she is fair game - but if she pursued/initiated/seduced guns ablazing (which we have to assume means she is mentally ready) I don’t blame any man for giving in to the little temptress.

Would I go for it? I would try resist with all my might. But I'm open to the possibility that some people (maybe very few) are ready below what we have designated.

I dare say that bunga bunga girl was more than.

14 is a stupid age to pick for a sting even for america - that's all I really want to convey.
Reply 99
Original post by In2deep

I see nothing wrong with this morally, he knows the girl is 14 and still decides to meet her (having previously stated his intentions through IM).

Tempting people to break the law is good? :lolwut:

I thought the point of laws was to help stop people breaking laws... not to try and get as many people locked up as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending