The Student Room Group

The Legacy of Runescape

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manitude
I used to frequent the off topic forum there before it was (apparently) destroyed by JaGeX.
I'm still in contact with a lot of the guys from my era: Random Art, G0llum3000, Moridin, Zebra Attack, Huwdus.

My username for these sorts of things never changes.
Apparently I'm no longer on any high scores...kinda odd seeing as I was moderately high up in some skills when I quit. I was never anywhere near 99 though (think my highest was fletching in the mid 70s)

Apparently they took free players off the high scores recently.
Original post by AkaJetson
Apparently they took free players off the high scores recently.

That'd explain it I guess. I'm not going to pay for membership just to see high scores...I don't particularly want to play it anyway - I have many other interesting things in my life right now! I'd rather not be distracted by RS, plus I suspect things will have changed to much for me to enjoy it. The RS2006 project sounds interesting. I might get in on that if it turns out to be all legal and proper.
That'd explain it I guess. I'm not going to pay for membership just to see high scores...I don't particularly want to play it anyway - I have many other interesting things in my life right now! I'd rather not be distracted by RS, plus I suspect things will have changed to much for me to enjoy it. The RS2006 project sounds interesting. I might get in on that if it turns out to be all legal and proper.

http://www.twitch.tv/vayken

This site shows one of the programmers doing his stuff. I think he's coding for a quest at the moment.

I really think this will be a success, it's been developing for over half a year now and there are 55,000 registered players. Before a game release, that's pretty darn impressive.
Original post by Garam Masala
http://www.twitch.tv/vayken

This site shows one of the programmers doing his stuff. I think he's coding for a quest at the moment.

I really think this will be a success, it's been developing for over half a year now and there are 55,000 registered players. Before a game release, that's pretty darn impressive.

Minecraft had hundreds of thousands of players before it was released :wink: (I think...don't know exact figures)
My main issue is whether JaGeX will kick up a fuss about it. I can't imagine they'd appreciate someone using their code, or trying to emulate the game. I'd rather not get involved with it if that is the case.

Plus, as I said before, I have many other interesting things going on for me right now. I don't want to lose my life to runescape again. Especially now that I actually HAVE a (social) life to lose!
(edited 12 years ago)
Minecraft had hundreds of thousands of players before it was released :wink: (I think...don't know exact figures)
My main issue is whether JaGeX will kick up a fuss about it. I can't imagine they'd appreciate someone using their code, or trying to emulate the game. I'd rather not get involved with it if that is the case.

Plus, as I said before, I have many other interesting things going on for me right now. I don't want to lose my life to runescape again. Especially now that I actually HAVE a (social) life to lose!

Surely you should be able to maintain both?

My RSN: Bact

PM on here before sending me a friend request. I usually have my 'Friend Chat' on 'Friends'.
Original post by Tzarchasm
Surely you should be able to maintain both?

Probably not. Virtually all of my free time is divided between other people, work and music. I don't want to miss out on either. Though I can multi-task while 'working' and researching/listening to music, RS is too demanding to be able to do that and anything else productive!
I'm done with RuneScape. I spent an endless amount of time gaining wealth in the last month, giving the game one more try; ended up losing it. I met a nice guy who had also recently come back to the game. So, me being the stupid guy I am, I decided to help him out. I bought him gear, gave him some money to start off with and off he went. We continued on contacting each other and what not until three hours ago, he'd decide to do the 'borrow scam' on my ass (of course I didn't notice because 1) never experienced the scam 2) was unbelievably tired 3) he was a friend, whom I had helped out and thus trusted him). I'm just so saddened by the fact that I helped this guy out when he needed it most and he then has the decency to steal my items.

/rant over. I hope you guys find the right friends in the game, which is currently nearly impossible. Most players will happily scam/steal off you, no matter how long you've been friends for. Good luck (it's even more aggravating considering that I bought the 6 month deal). :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 107
Tzarchasm

is that the scam where he declines the trade?

Its a baws scam rofl
I used to frequent the off topic forum there before it was (apparently) destroyed by JaGeX.
I'm still in contact with a lot of the guys from my era: Random Art, G0llum3000, Moridin, Zebra Attack, Huwdus.

My username for these sorts of things never changes.
Apparently I'm no longer on any high scores...kinda odd seeing as I was moderately high up in some skills when I quit. I was never anywhere near 99 though (think my highest was fletching in the mid 70s)

I was friends with "Zebra" met him in "Z" cc haha
Original post by Miracle Day
I was friends with "Zebra" met him in "Z" cc haha

What was/is your username, I'll ask him if he knows you :p:
What was/is your username, I'll ask him if he knows you :p:

067yjonesd1
067yjonesd1

Well I've asked him. Not sure how long it'll take to reply as he's on an american time zone.
I had no friends, runescape friends were the only ones I had. I sold my account to a guy in year 7 for fourty quid lol! Combat level 112 , few level 99s etc
067yjonesd1

He doesn't remember you, or a clan chat called "Z", I'm afraid!
He doesn't remember you, or a clan chat called "Z", I'm afraid!

It probably isn't his original account then.. this isn't something you'd forget lol. Especially my name.
It probably isn't his original account then.. this isn't something you'd forget lol. Especially my name.

One explanation could be that you are referring to a member called "Zebra" while I'm referring to "Zebra Attack".
One explanation could be that you are referring to a member called "Zebra" while I'm referring to "Zebra Attack".

yes.. -.-
Original post by mortaz786
Tzarchasm

is that the scam where he declines the trade?

Its a baws scam rofl

It may possibly be one of the most smartest scams out of there. :frown:

What's really sad is that I have yet to get over the fact that he scammed me. :redface:
Reply 118
;L I used to play RuneScape...I started like 9 years ago I was like 8 lol. Played until I was like 10 then stopped ;d

Might logon when I'm back home for the first time in 6 years :O
Reply 119
Considering AFKing 200M wc.

Quick Reply

Latest