The Student Room Group

First Choice for Pharmacy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Choose UEA!! They have a lake. :lol:

Ahaa defz going now :P. If it wasn't for the £9000 I think I'd be sold!
Original post by GraemeLawd
Ahaa defz going now :P. If it wasn't for the £9000 I think I'd be sold!

Can't think why the £9000 fees would put you off...:lol:
Reply 62
how long do you have to wait for a offer from bath after interview???? i had my interview on the 2nd of feb!! 2 weeks ago!! still waiting!!
Reply 63
Can't think why the £9000 fees would put you off...:lol:

Hmm I know like, coming out of Uni from QUB with like £22000 less to pay is just a little bit! Got my KCL offer today! WHAT TO DO!
Hmm I know like, coming out of Uni from QUB with like £22000 less to pay is just a little bit! Got my KCL offer today! WHAT TO DO!

You're clearly insane. I mean, trying to reduce your student debts? Madness! :wink: I still say you should put UEA as your insurance. I firmed it yesterday. :lol:
Reply 65
You're clearly insane. I mean, trying to reduce your student debts? Madness! :wink: I still say you should put UEA as your insurance. I firmed it yesterday. :lol:

You're already picking your offers? I still think it's way too early :s-smilie:
Original post by mimsicle
You're already picking your offers? I still think it's way too early :s-smilie:

Ahhh, everyone's making me doubt myself! :lol: I've spent quite a while trying to decide if I prefer Bath or UEA, but every time I think about uni I imagine myself at UEA, so I figured I might as well firm it now. Course, it's an unconditional so if I change my mind, I'm screwed. Hopefully won't though, I really love the university. I just wanted to have my mind made up. Weighed up the pro's and con's and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy my next 4 years so I guess I'll just have to see.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 67

How long did you wait to receive your offer and overall how difficult was the interview compared to others you have been to?
Reply 68
Ahhh, everyone's making me doubt myself! :lol: I've spent quite a while trying to decide if I prefer Bath or UEA, but every time I think about uni I imagine myself at UEA, so I figured I might as well firm it now. Course, it's an unconditional so if I change my mind, I'm screwed. Hopefully won't though, I really love the university. I just wanted to have my mind made up. Weighed up the pro's and con's and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy my next 4 years so I guess I'll just have to see.

Well you sound pretty confident about yourself, more so than I could be right now haha :smile: Naah it's only because I'm split between two unis for my firm so that's why if someone told me to make a decision now I definitely couldn't :tongue:
Original post by mimsicle
Well you sound pretty confident about yourself, more so than I could be right now haha :smile: Naah it's only because I'm split between two unis for my firm so that's why if someone told me to make a decision now I definitely couldn't :tongue:

I know the feeling. Every time I thought about it I went "I don't knoooooooow!" And I probably will always wonder what it would have been like at Bath, but that's just something that happens when you've got two great uni's you want to go to, but I'm fairly sure this has been the right choice. Guess I'll find out in September. :biggrin:
Reply 70

Yeah I think that'll be it, QUB Firm and UEA Insurance.
Means if I don't get an A in chemistry I still get to go to an awesome uni! :P
Reply 71
Original post by Freiheit
How long did you wait to receive your offer and overall how difficult was the interview compared to others you have been to?

I got it 16 days after my Interview. It was harder than my other two, but then my one's at Medway and UEA I found pretty simple. It was basically all about my personal statement so nothing too taxing!
Yeah I think that'll be it, QUB Firm and UEA Insurance.
Means if I don't get an A in chemistry I still get to go to an awesome uni! :P

Yay! You've decided to join the dark side, as someone on the UEA thread put it. :lol: I love UEA. Still, I imagine the idea of £9000 a year fees will probably keep you motivated. I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about getting an A in chem, definitely a good thing I didn't firm Bath. :lol: I can do what my friend does and sit in class going "I don't need to be here, I'm just staying for the laughs." Hope you get the grades you want though. :biggrin:
Reply 73
Yay! You've decided to join the dark side, as someone on the UEA thread put it. :lol: I love UEA. Still, I imagine the idea of £9000 a year fees will probably keep you motivated. I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about getting an A in chem, definitely a good thing I didn't firm Bath. :lol: I can do what my friend does and sit in class going "I don't need to be here, I'm just staying for the laughs." Hope you get the grades you want though. :biggrin:

Ahaaa you've got an Unconditional haven't you? Hopefully get them but like would be more than happy with UEA still which is cool, sure who doesn't love a wee bit of debt coming out of uni anyhow, makes for a good laugh afterwards :P
Reply 74
Original post by livvyyy
anyone chose liverpool john moores? :frown: we could be friends :frown:

This made me laugh a little and yeah I actually WANT to go to LJMU lol. It looks like a pretty decent university which is rather more work orientated, suck on that Bradford and Bath!
Original post by Doctor.
This made me laugh a little and yeah I actually WANT to go to LJMU lol. It looks like a pretty decent university which is rather more work orientated, suck on that Bradford and Bath!

Why would you pick LJMU over bath, that makes no sense at all. Bath's pharmacy department is alot better and your likely to be looked upon favourably when applying for a pharmacy job afterwards if you graduate from bath!
Reply 76
Original post by James A
Why would you pick LJMU over bath, that makes no sense at all. Bath's pharmacy department is alot better and your likely to be looked upon favourably when applying for a pharmacy job afterwards if you graduate from bath!

LJMU, closer to home. 45 min drive away for me. Bath 3 hours drive...£60 return on train lol. Just to top it off, Pharmacy is a vocational degree, it won't make any difference from where you've got your degree unless you're going in to teaching in which it would be better going to a 'Pharmacy teaching' university, which neither Bath or LJMU is :biggrin:....

other than prestigious there isn't much difference :P
Original post by Doctor.
LJMU, closer to home. 45 min drive away for me. Bath 3 hours drive...£60 return on train lol. Just to top it off, Pharmacy is a vocational degree, it won't make any difference from where you've got your degree unless you're going in to teaching in which it would be better going to a 'Pharmacy teaching' university, which neither Bath or LJMU is :biggrin:....

other than prestigious there isn't much difference :P

Teaching is negligible because all universities have to follow the General Pharmaceutical Society rules, hence the teaching will be the same wherever you go. Bath is a top 10 university in the UK, it's nice when you tell you friends and family that, right? Higher student satisfaction at Bath, lovely sports facilities...

well aren't you going to stay on campus?

that explains why distance matters for you! hmmm.......
Reply 78
Original post by James A
Teaching is negligible because all universities have to follow the General Pharmaceutical Society rules, hence the teaching will be the same wherever you go. Bath is a top 10 university in the UK, it's nice when you tell you friends and family that, right? Higher student satisfaction at Bath, lovely sports facilities...

well aren't you going to stay on campus?

that explains why distance matters for you! hmmm.......
Oh I've seen the sports centre at Bath lol it's pretty nice! :smile: I will be on campus, but it's just nice to know that I will always be able to pop back home in case I get a little home sick :biggrin:. At bath i'd be like :lulwut: I just wasted 60 quid just to visit family :frown:

Yeah it's probably nice to tell people I go to one of the best in the country, I guess :smile:
Original post by Doctor.
Oh I've seen the sports centre at Bath lol it's pretty nice! :smile: I will be on campus, but it's just nice to know that I will always be able to pop back home in case I get a little home sick :biggrin:. At bath i'd be like :lulwut: I just wasted 60 quid just to visit family :frown:

Yeah it's probably nice to tell people I go to one of the best in the country, I guess :smile:

lol its 50 quid return from london to bath for me. only close uni i applied to is hertfordshire which is just across the M25 (15 minutes by car)

Quick Reply

Latest