The Student Room Group

Nicest response from a university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harley
Pharmacy :smile: Judging by your username the same course as you!

Me neither, I'm so on edge whenever I see i've got an email I get excited and it turns out its from new look telling me about a new trend in jackets :frown:

Yep, that's right. :smile: Where else are you applying apart from RGU? I really liked it at the open day.

Yeah, every time I discover it's an email from Facebook I want to throw the computer against a wall. -_- So misleading.
Reply 61
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Yep, that's right. :smile: Where else are you applying apart from RGU? I really liked it at the open day.

Yeah, every time I discover it's an email from Facebook I want to throw the computer against a wall. -_- So misleading.

I'm applying to strathclyde for pharmacy, and I also applied to glasgow for marine biology as it interests me (I knew it was a long shot but I've heard that glasgow don't really care as much about the P.S and it's more about grades, doubt i'll get in though)

I never got a chance to visit RGU but if I get an offer i'll take a trip and see it :smile:
Reply 62
My one from Reading was personalised and included things from my personal statment which I thought was nice. Very lengthy email.

Also, the one from University of Birmingham left a big smile on my face :smile:
Reply 63
Southampton sent me a fancy card saying that they had recieved my application. Would've preffered a simple email to be honest.
Reply 64
Keele: they sent me a congratulations card :smile:
Glasgow Caledonian (my insurance) sent me a good luck card before my exams.

Also, I missed my offer from Strathclyde cos I got flu during my exams, but the school contacted them and explained.
I emailed them to check if everything was going ok because UCAS was crashing and got an email in reply signed off with "The most important point is that your place is secure, so please relax. I look forward to seeing you in September"

I've saved the email because it's the best one I've even received haha. So relieved to know that I had got in!
Original post by Harley
I'm applying to strathclyde for pharmacy, and I also applied to glasgow for marine biology as it interests me (I knew it was a long shot but I've heard that glasgow don't really care as much about the P.S and it's more about grades, doubt i'll get in though)

I never got a chance to visit RGU but if I get an offer i'll take a trip and see it :smile:

There was no chemistry between me and Strathclyde, we just didn't gel. Applied to Edinburgh for pharmacology instead, but I'd transfer to chemistry if I went. I love Edinburgh. Marine Biology sounds great though, I would've applied for that except I had my heart set on pharmacy or chemistry. Hope you get in. :smile:

It's really quite nice, and a brand new pharmacy building's opening at Garthdee in 2013, should be good.
Reply 67
Queen Margaret University are very friendly every time I email them, and they always get back to me very quickly.

Sunderland University sent me an christmas card via email :biggrin:
Reply 68
The admissions tutor at UCL :h:
I was sent this from a top Uni when I applied : I would swim up the Amazon with 45 pound dumbbells tied to my scrotum and Ellen Degeneres’ queef as my only air supply if it meant I could eat a sea food dinner with you while discussing how we can get you to accept our offer over skype on a dial up internet connection. Thought it was a bit weird at the time but I appreciate it.
Reply 70
There was no chemistry between me and Strathclyde, we just didn't gel. Applied to Edinburgh for pharmacology instead, but I'd transfer to chemistry if I went. I love Edinburgh. Marine Biology sounds great though, I would've applied for that except I had my heart set on pharmacy or chemistry. Hope you get in. :smile:

It's really quite nice, and a brand new pharmacy building's opening at Garthdee in 2013, should be good.

I'm starting to like the sound of RGU more than strathclyde actually, I don't mind which I go to, but RGU is apparently better for hospital pharmacy :smile:
Reply 71
i got a really nice response to an email from Exeter, quite informal/friendly...wasn't a generic automated response :smile:
Southampton sent an acknowledgement post card within a few days of sending my application. They were really good at communication, so it wasn't so much the content, but the efficiency.

I have to admit Oxford was nice as well. They sent me a lovely "you have an interview letter" and I guess the rejection letter wasn't too bad either. It sounded a bit patronising, but I don't think they could have written it in a way that wouldn't have done.
Cambridge were really nice, I asked a lot of questions and they were happy to help, one Director Of Studies answered my question with a massive 2-3 paragraphs within 15 minutes of sending it, and also said he'd go ask an admissions tutor for a second opinion then wrote back to me again!
Reply 74
Original post by Arunruk
Hi Everyone

Which University has given you the nicest response to your UCAS application?

University of Sheffield were very nice to me every time I've rung up / emailed!

I'm just curious, who were nicest to you?

Arun

Balliol College, Oxford.

Very friendly.
Original post by Harley
I'm starting to like the sound of RGU more than strathclyde actually, I don't mind which I go to, but RGU is apparently better for hospital pharmacy :smile:

I think it was the rain on the strathclyde open day, to be honest. :lol: I nearly cried when I was told how much it rains on the West Coast. :tongue: Yeah, that's what I heard. Strathclyde is more industry-based or whatever. Don't do a whole lot of work experience compared to some other universities.
Reply 76
Original post by MyselfEtAl
The admissions tutor at UCL :h:

Same. The admissions tutor at ucl was very nice :smile: he was the one who interviewed as well and I got an offer letter saying it was nice meeting me. I'm not sure if it meant me specifically or all those interviewed though..
Sheffield were nice in their offer. Aberdeen keep sending me emails and christmas/birthday cards which is nice but now annoying :s-smilie:
Reply 78
Original post by Rascacielos
Southampton sent an acknowledgement post card within a few days of sending my application. They were really good at communication, so it wasn't so much the content, but the efficiency.

I have to admit Oxford was nice as well. They sent me a lovely "you have an interview letter" and I guess the rejection letter wasn't too bad either. It sounded a bit patronising, but I don't think they could have written it in a way that wouldn't have done.

You're quite right about Southampton, whenever I email them they always reply within a couple of hours on weekdays, the other unis take days.
Reply 79
I think it was the rain on the strathclyde open day, to be honest. :lol: I nearly cried when I was told how much it rains on the West Coast. :tongue: Yeah, that's what I heard. Strathclyde is more industry-based or whatever. Don't do a whole lot of work experience compared to some other universities.

I live on the west coast so i'm used to the rain but it still made the day a lot less nice :tongue: I didn't have a hood or umbrella and looked like a drowned rat by the time the open day ended :lol:

Quick Reply