Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    now there a millions of pirates DVDs with latest movies like Kill Bill, return of the ring, the last samuri and scary movie 3 only for £5 each. i know it's illegal to buy them but theyare 4 to 6 times cheaper than the real ones. so i am asking for u opinon!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't buy pirates I just download them for free... tho I was watching a programme about Stelios and his Easy Cinema idea - if there was one near me I'd definately pay 20p to see a film, wouldn't be worth waiting to download it!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think for people like us (students) it is acceptable. I mean to be honest CDs and DVDs are ridiculously expensive...

It is a matter of personal morality though.

ReputationRep:
    Buying pirate copies is even worse than downloading, as you're basically funding criminals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    now there a millions of pirates DVDs with latest movies like Kill Bill, return of the ring, the last samuri and scary movie 3 only for £5 each. i know it's illegal to buy them but theyare 4 to 6 times cheaper than the real ones. so i am asking for u opinon!!
    they are ****, simpile as that they have **** sound/graphics quality and don't work on most DVD's, cept for the videoed ones at the cinema, which have all the cinema problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJT)
    they are ****, simpile as that they have **** sound/graphics quality and don't work on most DVD's, cept for the videoed ones at the cinema, which have all the cinema problems
    the ones i bought graphics and sound are really good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Support your local Odeon instead of Warner Bros or whatever. They have big cosy chairs, cheap food, its nearly always empty (sit where you like) and its cheaper tickets too!
    yes cinema is good but what happen if i wanna watch it again?? normally i alway go to watch the film in cinema even though i got it on DVD because it feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Support your local Odeon instead of Warner Bros or whatever. They have big cosy chairs, cheap food, its nearly always empty (sit where you like) and its cheaper tickets too!
    cheap food?
    cheap tickets?
    cosy chairs?

Where on earth do u go to the cinema?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    cheap food?
    cheap tickets?
    cosy chairs?

true i have to pay £7 to watch a film and everything in there cost 2 times more than outside. e.g Fanta 89p a bottle and it is £1.50 in there

ReputationRep:
    Odeon!
    maybe that's where u are m8

ReputationRep:
    True, you can actually buy a pint for less tha £2 here
    and where is that
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rednirt)
    cheap food?
    cheap tickets?
    cosy chairs?

http://www.plazacinema.org.uk/

Or at least I would if I didn't live 300 miles away.

Dvds aren't that expensive - especially from sites like http://www.play.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    http://www.plazacinema.org.uk/

Or at least I would if I didn't live 300 miles away.

Dvds aren't that expensive - especially from sites like http://www.play.com
    maybe u can afford it, i can't my mum give me £20 a week and i not spend it on a DVD!!

ReputationRep:
    go for it

who cares about morals

ReputationRep:
    all the pirate copies i've bought turned out to be really ****!.........so i've stopped buyin them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    I think people will come to realise that making money out of e.g. movie-rights was a temporary advantage. Just as technology conferred great wealth on big producers, so it will take it away again. It is a naive capitalist fantasy to think that the private tight of property is a law of nature.

So there...

ReputationRep:
    a lot of them are terrible, filmed by video camera in a dody japanese cinema so beware of those

ReputationRep:
    It's even cheaper to make them. The only cost is 2 CDs and a bit of free software and a CD writer (which i'm assuming you have, if not then add that to the costs), internet time (boradband - you're already paying so there is no extra cost, dial-up don't even bother, it will take too long unless you have the patience.)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.