AQA A Level History coursework; Arab Israeli conflict.

Watch
rachelannec
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have a question "To what extent can the creation of the Israeli State in 1948 be seen as a turning point in the Arab-Israeli conflict between 1896-1996?" and completely stuck on it!

Was wondering if anyone else has covered this course/question and could recommend any books or sources etc?
Idon'tlikebadgers
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rachelannec)
I have a question "To what extent can the creation of the Israeli State in 1948 be seen as a turning point in the Arab-Israeli conflict between 1896-1996?" and completely stuck on it!

Was wondering if anyone else has covered this course/question and could recommend any books or sources etc?
For later history it's going to be difficult as from my limited knowledge, the middle eastern conflicts are widely overlooked. You would be best of searching for some journals, try getting access to your local university library so you can use their intranet to try access some digital materials. For the earlier, i suggest trying an amazon search; it's basic but it does provide atleast a minimal focus on what books are written about the era you want to write about. Furthermore, try documentaries and newspaper articles, using a diverse range of resources shows an active interest and both my teachers encouraged it.

Hope I helped and best of luck with it.
navarre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You have the most interesting history coursework... all the while, my question is on the Cromwellian experiment in the context of 1600-1702. It is as interesting as it sounds.
tufc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have to do the Arab-Israeli conflict coursework as well. Really not looking forward to it.
Angel09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hi guys i have to do this question to and im comletely stuck iv done like the intro thats it and to top it off ma teachers a ***** she does not help at all. my question is to what was the short term significance of the creation of israel for political relations in the middle east, if any one could help that would be great.
tufc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rachelannec)

Try The Palestine-Israeli Conflict by Dan Cohn Sherbok and Dawoud El-Alami..

As for the question, I'd go about answering it by trying to find a particular conflict before 1948, and then a similar one afterwards, and then talk about how the presence of Israeli government/diplomatic recognition influenced the post-1948 conflict. Basically just show how conflicts differed after the establishment of Israel in 1948.
JPackter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I need help with this!! anyone willing to share ideas?
Spansishwef
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have the same question!! It's awful How's it going? If anyone finds any useful info I'd really appreciate it!
big_fudge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not doing this topic but here's my knowledge on the topic which I have covered in some depth (if you do decide to use it just double check it to get a source reference)
Caused panic for the Palestinians - I won't go in to general reasons as I'm sure you've covered them in depth but also consider how the fact that the Irgun and Hadassah (both considered terrorist groups prior) were now dissolved, joint together in the creation of the IDF. Massive mistrust between the Arab population and the army now as the IDF were now seen as an extension of terrorist groups
Neighbours feared Israel was a religional enemy - an Israeli state backed by the Brits and Americans in the midst of Islamic countries meant that it's neighbours never had trust.
Ben Guidon's stance - there was a particular quote which I can't remember was a pretty hardcore stance against its neighbours.
This is just a starting point - if you want some more ideas let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No (115)
69.7%

Watched Threads