When will the USA and England liberate Cuba?

Watch
Otkem
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
In an effort to increase the quality of life of their citizens after years of oppression. It is still one of the least free countries in the world, with a shambolic human rights record. I would far rather that our resources were invested in liberating the Cuban people rather than wasting our time with Libya etc.

What are your thoughts?
Markos
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just, no.
Arbolus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cuba has a shambolic human rights record, but most of that is decades in the past. The Cuban people are far better off under Raul Castro than they were under Fidel, and unlike in Libya they're not having war waged upon them by their own government. Given time I wouldn't be surprised if Cuba developed like China, where many private citizens are actually doing quite well despite still having some restrictions.

The Libyans did not have time. Gaddafi's loyalists were on the outskirts of Benghazi when NATO intervened, and had they crushed the rebellion there would have been nothing from stopping them from doing as they pleased with anyone who had shown sympathy for it.
alex5455
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
congratulations, i think you just won the award for highest number of idiotic threads made by one person in a month, i applaud you for your stupidity
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
we've got better things to be doing than invading ****ing cuba of all places.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And I'd rather our money be spent on the more pressing issues we have in our own country without worrying about others first, but it looks as though neither of us are going to get what we want

I honestly would've thought that people would realise that "war = bad" by now... but I guess not.
starxriddled
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They have better health care than America...
They were more repressed under Spanish rule.
I'm not sure 'superpowers' going in there is the best idea.
tehFrance
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Otkem)
What are your thoughts?
Cuba is not oppressed, for a communist country with a dictator Cuban's have a decent life.

If anything the US is oppressing Cuba with their embargo where as everyone else does not have an embargo.
bestofyou
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
USA and England?

England is a state withen the UK.

You may as well have just said when will Texas, Floirda and Alabama invade Cuba?
username818763
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cuba does not need liberation. They have been led by a dictator for decades and have EVEN survived the collapse of the USSR which surprised many people ...
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bestofyou)
USA and England?

England is a state withen the UK.
No.

You may as well have just said when will Texas, Floirda and Alabama invade Cuba?
Not really, a better analogy would be if 85% of the US population was in one state and that state was named in this scenario instead of 'the USA'.
I Persia I
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lets just 'liberate' the whole world shall we? :lolwut: :facepalm:
lucas13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no, it would cost way too much
bestofyou
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
No.

Not really, a better analogy would be if 85% of the US population was in one state and that state was named in this scenario instead of 'the USA'.
Population is irrelevent. UK = Scotland/Wales/6 Counties/England

England is a region that makes up part of the UK.

England isn't the UK beleive it or not.
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Population is irrelevent. UK = Scotland/Wales/6 Counties/England

England is a region that makes up part of the UK.

England isn't the UK beleive it or not.
Never said it was. But England is 85% of the UK. There is no other comparable example of this. Wale, Northern Ireland and Scotland are not 3/4 of the UK, they are 15%. If there was a referendum to rename the UK England and rename the UK nationality 'English', there's no reason why it wouldn't pass, just like the various regions of Scotland who are anti-Independent would have to become independent because of the urban areas.

Geographically, England is about 60% of the UK. Culturally, it is 85%.
No Man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cuba doesn't need liberated and neither did Libya.

It's funny how Libya and Cuba supposedly needed liberation but places like China, Burma and Saudi Arabia don't.
If the country was a shambles it wouldn't almost be considered developed.
Steevee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whoa.

Don't mess with Cuba. It might screw up cigar production, and a nice Cuban is expensive enough already
@Sam
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Outside of Britain England is used regularly to mean the whole of 'Britain' in contexts like 'Queen of England'. Yes it is incorrect but it's so widespread you are never going to stop in.

On Cuba, seriously. There is absolutely no need to invade what is a stable country no matter what its system of government is, Cubans are probably so used to this system that trying to move to democracy will be a painful process.
Sgany
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tomorrow around tea-time.
ajtiesto
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Libya=oil
cuba=no oil
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (111)
40.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.66%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
6.99%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (62)
22.79%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.99%

Watched Threads