Where can I find SAT II subject test past papers? and should I take Maths Level 1?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
the_13th
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
1) I'd like to find some past papers for SAT II subject test for Chemistry, Literature and Maths. Please tell me where I could find and download those.

2) Is it okay to take SAT Maths Level 1? I've heard prestigious US universities don't accept level 1 and only accept level 2. Is that true? (I'm applying for geography and applied economics)

Thanks
MirandaPanda
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You cannot download/find SAT II papers (or indeed SAT papers in general), like you can say with GCSE and A-level papers etc; this is b/c the CollegeBoard reuses questions/past papers and so they don't release the papers, otherwise all you'd have to do is learn them all and you'd be set for any future examination.

You can buy the SAT Subject Test book, but that only contains 1 official test to practice from. I managed to buy official previously administered tests from a testing agency someone put me on to though, but given the effort they went to scan everything and the rarity of the papers themselves, they cost me an arm and a leg to purchase them.
the_13th
Rep:
?
(Original post by MirandaPanda)
You cannot download/find SAT II papers, like you can say with GCSE/A-level papers etc.

You can buy the SAT Subject Test book, but that only contains one official practice test to work from. I had to buy previously administered tests from testing agencies, and given the effort them went to scan everything and the rarity of them, they cost me a bundle too

Getting into Cambridge was so much easier...
MirandaPanda
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by the_13th)
:facepalm:

Getting into Cambridge was so much easier...
Indeed

I've also just updated my post above, just to provide a bit more information as to why they do this etc.
the_13th
Rep:
?
Indeed

I've also just updated my post above, just to provide a bit more information as to why they do this etc.
Well, thanks.
That's just great...
Well, I'll just practice A-Level papers for these subjects then... (if that helps at all)

Are there any textbooks with syllabus officially endorsed by the Collegeboard then?
MirandaPanda
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are there any textbooks with syllabus officially endorsed by the Collegeboard then?
No.
username658108
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I used the princeton review.
i took maths 2, physics and chemistry and i got 770, 800 and 800 respectively. the princeton review cant be that bad!
the_13th
Rep:
?
(Original post by iamlovinit05)
i took maths 2, physics and chemistry and i got 770, 800 and 800 respectively. the princeton review cant be that bad!
thanky#
MirandaPanda
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanky#
They're not officially endorsed though; this doesn't matter unless your considering taking the tests in the book, which are very different from the real thing (i.e. same format but questions are not in the manner found on the SAT Subject Tests in my view).
the_13th
Rep:
?
They're not officially endorsed though; this doesn't matter unless your considering taking the tests in the book, which are very different from the real thing (i.e. same format but questions are not in the manner found on the SAT Subject Tests in my view).
Okay, so what is the best strategy for me now, in your opinion?
MirandaPanda
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Okay, so what is the best strategy for me now, in your opinion?
I did SAT Subject Tests in Bio, Chem and Latin last month and managed to get 800, 800 and 780. I just revised the A-level syllabus and used the official tests I bought as proper practice (as they were real past exams and thus were exactly how the tests I would be taking in December would be like).
the_13th
Rep:
?
I did SAT Subject Tests in Bio, Chem and Latin last month and managed to get 800, 800 and 780. I just revised the A-level syllabus and used the official tests I bought as proper practice (as they were real past exams and thus were exactly how the tests I would be taking in December would be like).
Ah, thanks. I'll just revise my IB and A-Level Chemistry and Maths then.

Can't really prepare for literature, I imagine.
Runi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Is it possible to get the chem subject test papers ? Because that would be of great help to me
mathplustutornj
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Study...keywords=sat+2 This has one test on each subject.There are also books with 2 real tests each on related subjects. You can do a search on Amazon or elsewhere and there are books with real math level 1 and 2 tests, biology, chemistry, and physics, US and world history and so on. For some subjects, there are two books, one of recent tests, and one of like 15 years ago. Between the 2 you may be able to get 4 real past papers.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-SAT-II-Su...rds=sat+2+real This is one of each again, and pretty old.

There are lots of how to prepare books for each subject. Barrons is usually the best. You should definitely use the how to prepare books, even if you can only get 1 or 2 real past papers. Most people use these prep books and don't worry that much about real past papers.

It depends, but you should usually not take the Math SAT level 1. Almost no one takes it. It is about the level of GSCE maths.
samar khan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iamlovinit05)
hey i just wanted to ask if u only did the princeton review books or did u do something else as well?
samar khan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey did u just do the princeton review or did u go through something else as well?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads