The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Original post by Zee12
Does anyone know if Jan retakes result effect University decisions once they have given there offer or is there final decision made in August results?
I.e will one have the chance to retake again if need be and will still get into uni as long as requirement is met by August?

Yes. Everything is dependent on August.
Original post by Kalliope
:afraid:

What happened to BookWormShanti?
Reply 1942
oh God right now im pretending im opening my results by using a random envelope lol (yeah im a lowlife)...SAME response (HEART BEATING FAAAASSSTTT!!!!).
Original post by jonathan3909
3 days 11 hours 37 minutes 1 sec left until results day!

Yeah until results day, but not till when we actually get our results... :tongue:
Reply 1944
snooooow :woo:

bit off topic sorry :colondollar:
Original post by tehforum
What happened to BookWormShanti?

It's a mystery :cool:

Nah, I changed my username for privacy reasons but now so many people have asked me if I am BWS I'm not really hiding it so much :colondollar:
Original post by Raj K
oh God right now im pretending im opening my results by using a random envelope lol (yeah im a lowlife)...SAME response (HEART BEATING FAAAASSSTTT!!!!).

Indeed.
Original post by chocoholic_x
Yeah until results day, but not till when we actually get our results... :tongue:

I mostly emphasize the results day since the grade boundaries come out the moment the clock ticks 12:00....and for many people , grade boundaries is half the result:wink:
we dont get envelopes. all form tutors have the results sheets. she/he gives the sheet to us. so im hoping to look at my results, one exam by one exam. covering the remaining results with a piece of paper.

argghhhhhh the wait
Original post by lilGem
snooooow :woo:

bit off topic sorry :colondollar:

It ain't snowing where i am; it's bloody freezing tho :angry:
Reply 1950
Original post by jonathan3909
3 days 11 hours 37 minutes 1 sec left until results day!

OMG thats realli scared me now! :/
Original post by James A
we dont get envelopes. all form tutors have the results sheets. she/he gives the sheet to us. so im hoping to look at my results, one exam by one exam. covering the remaining results with a piece of paper.

argghhhhhh the wait

We get envelopes. What happens to me is that I open the envelope and then my eyes just dart around all over the place, so I just scan the actual grades first. I then proceed to slowly read the sheet line by line with lots of "oohs" and "aahs" and muttering things to my self :redface:

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 1952
been having dreams of getting my results and getting Us, Es and Gs (hahaa!) already :eek:
Original post by ManPowa
I agree with you. That was a Hard paper + plus it was a resit. My teacher goes 80 will be an A.. so were prepared to lose 40 marks lol

Was F335 that hard? What does your teacher think F334 grade boundaries will be?
333,954 seconds until Results Day!!!
Original post by Varsh05
Lol yeah,I didn't put in much effort for GCSEs,but still ended up with quite decent results I guess..

Yeah true,but sometimes you get questions that you've never ever seen before anywhere,not even in the past papers or anything,and you basically just have to apply what you know!
This is mostly with Bio and this is exactly what happened for the Jan module.
All my friends came out of the exam hall,including me,thinking that that exam was the hardest one out of all the papers we've done!
The past papers were way too easy!
Lol,have I??
There are certain times when some of the topics can get a bit hard,but it shouldn't really be a problem if you enjoy the subject.

Yeah I will soon.
I'll go through everything I've done so far,and if I don't understand something,I'll just PM you :h:
Yeah,I know this guy who has a revision session with other people on MSN.

Hey,I wasn't trying to get a U!>.<
I hate failures!
Basically,I had in mind,that if I don't do well in January,I can easily retake the exam in June! :biggrin:
And no,I won't do the same for C2.
I've started revising a bit,so I don't just cram everything last minute!

Well tbh,there are SOME things that are fascinating,but not the whole of it!
You ARE naturally good at it;I can tell!
And don't say that you were useless at everything when you were younger;everyone has their own hidden talent :wink:
Lol English! :biggrin:
Yeah,I sucked at it too,even though I kinda liked it.
But I was really surprised by the A I got in Literature. :O

I've done 2 weeks at a local hospital,I volunteer at a local library and mentor year 10 students for french and year 8s for science.
Now I'm just waiting for my CRB so I can start at a care I applied to.
I might also do a week at a dentist's in Easter,which is not really relevant,and 2 weeks again in a hospital when I go to Mauritius.
I will work hard for it,but the scary thing is;out of the 1000 students who apply for Medicine,only 100-200 get in..!

I think that lots of people getting good GCSE's is partly to do with how easy they are and partly to do with how low the grade boundaries are kept in some subjects. In my Science exam (albeit double applied) you needed something stupid like 36/60 for an A*. It's actually stupid!

Yh same thing happened with me in my Physics exam. We had a 9 marker, which we'd not been taught about and then I tried to apply what I knew from something very similar, but then I realised that it's actually wrong. You had to use a bunsen burner in the experiment. My teacher never once mentioned a ****ing bunsen burner :angry:
Yh went I left my physics exam I was shellshocked; I guess it means we can hope for lower grade boundaries :smile:

Yh course I don't mind helping. What board are you with for all your subjects?
Hmmm that doesn't sound that appealing to me for some reason. I guess I'm not a fan of MSN :/

Yh but the whole point of a retake is that if you try hard and mess up first time, you get a second chance. By not trying first time, it means that you'll have to make it count in the retake which probably won't be a problem, but it's better to have as few exams as possible :wink:
Oh and do every single past paper possible for C1 and C2 and you'll probably be doing S1 as well.

I think once you get into it, you start to understand how everything fits into one thing. It's like solving a puzzle in one sense :smile:
I was actually pretty bad at everything. In school I was useless, but I used to enjoy cricket :biggrin:
Let's be real, nobody likes english! But I was most proud of my A in Lit, because it was the subject I most overperformed in.

Wow that's a lot of work experience. So are you gonna go on holiday and then do work experience there? :/
It's more than that; If you've got the grades then you stand a chance.
my resultes sheet aint gonna be a pretty sight :frown:
Reply 1957
Original post by tehforum
Indeed.

thank you for thatttttt
does anyone have the mark scheme for biology aqa unit 1 :P
Reply 1959
Original post by Freiheit
Was F335 that hard? What does your teacher think F334 grade boundaries will be?

Yep, the hardest paper ive seen.. my teacher said They're making the A2 Papers very challenging from now on.. the f335 paper, they dived into a lot of challenging stuff that required hardcore understanding and detail. Not simply brushing over a topic.
Im thinking around 60-63 for the A.. it was similar to Jan 11 ans that was 63.

Quick Reply

Latest