The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by bpool1994
What do you do for your A-Levels? I hear Bristol's a nice city and it's a good uni so you should have fun there :yep:
I'm supposed to hear back on the 27th from Cambridge :smile:

History, geography and french, we only have to do 3 at my school but i'm not complaining :smile: yourself? and again good luck! let me know how you get on :smile:
Original post by Graceanna
History, geography and french, we only have to do 3 at my school but i'm not complaining :smile: yourself? and again good luck! let me know how you get on :smile:

I do History, Geography, Politics and Business Studies so we have 2 subjects in common :woo: You must be lucky only having to do 3 :biggrin:
Thank you :h: I'll let you know :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Graceanna
Accepted and confirmed on humanities stream at Bristol :smile:

Glad you got a place :smile: what criteria did you meet?
Original post by Mallika
Does anyone know when St. Andrews send out decisions?

They should send out letters by the 27th, like the other universities... Which course did you apply for?
Has anyone heard back from Cambridge? I applied for Physics.... I satisfy 5/6 of the criteria. I reallyy badly wanna hear back!
No, don't think anyone's heard back yet :no: We'll just have to wait until the 27th to hear back from Cambridge :sigh:
Yup, we're supposed to hear on the 27th. I've applied for chemistry.

Good lucky guys :smile:
Reply 447
By the 27th, not on, although they're pretty much the same by now, with the 27th being Friday xD
I applied to Nottingham for Psychology, only meet like two or three of the criteria but I still really want to be accepted :'(
Do we still get a letter even if we are rejected? Would hate to never hear from them!
Anyone else for languages?
Reply 450
Original post by shakeel95
They should send out letters by the 27th, like the other universities... Which course did you apply for?

Thank you :biggrin: I applied for Biology and Chemistry :smile: What about you?

I don't think I'll get in though :frown:
Original post by Rainingshame
Some people get I and II or I and III, i thought III was done after FM so it wouldn't make sense to offer that to people who haven't done it...

I always thought it was I and II for people who didn't have the opportunity (or didn't choose) FM and II and III for people who are doing FM.
The decision is getting closer and closer... as are exams :eek:
Original post by AspiringDoctor
The decision is getting closer and closer... as are exams :eek:

Exams are unbelievably close!

What did you apply for?
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Exams are unbelievably close!

What did you apply for?

Medicine at Cambridge :biggrin: Haven't got a huge hope of getting in though - only meet 4/6 of the criteria, was rejected from UNIQ and competition is just immense!

You?
Medicine at Cambridge :biggrin: Haven't got a huge hope of getting in though - only meet 4/6 of the criteria, was rejected from UNIQ and competition is just immense!

You?

I've applied for Maths at Cambridge :smile:

Yh I'm not too optimistic either, I prob meet 4/6 as well. I'd like to know some application figures about this one from like last year so I know whether or not I should get my hopes up.
I've applied for Maths at Cambridge :smile:

Yh I'm not too optimistic either, I prob meet 4/6 as well. I'd like to know some application figures about this one from like last year so I know whether or not I should get my hopes up.

Did you also apply for UNIQ?
Did you also apply for UNIQ?

I really wanted to apply, but I couldn't string together a good PS (or whatever writing piece was required) in time. I thought against applying with a below average application, especially with the competiveness.

What did you apply for there? Also did you have a look at that USA Summer school, from the Sutton Trust?
I really wanted to apply, but I couldn't string together a good PS (or whatever writing piece was required) in time. I thought against applying with a below average application, especially with the competiveness.

What did you apply for there? Also did you have a look at that USA Summer school, from the Sutton Trust?

Ugh yes, the figure were just :eek: I applied for medicine as well and they had something like 687 applicants for 40 places. That's ~17 applicants for one place which should have made me feel better, I was still gutted though :frown:

The USA Summer school looks amaaaaaazing, and I probably would have applied but it clashes because I'm going to Malawi during one of the events and they state that you must attend every element of the summer school. They pay for all the expenses too! Really wish I could have applied but then again I think you need to show that you have a strong desire to study in the USA which I don't think I possess. Did you apply?
Ugh yes, the figure were just :eek: I applied for medicine as well and they had something like 687 applicants for 40 places. That's ~17 applicants for one place which should have made me feel better, I was still gutted though :frown:

The USA Summer school looks amaaaaaazing, and I probably would have applied but it clashes because I'm going to Malawi during one of the events and they state that you must attend every element of the summer school. They pay for all the expenses too! Really wish I could have applied but then again I think you need to show that you have a strong desire to study in the USA which I don't think I possess. Did you apply?

Yh it was incredible. Imagine how competitive this one is, if we don't even need a PS. It could so easily be double or treble that! It's funny how it's actually harder to get into the summer school, then the uni itself.

Aww that's a shame; It's Yale as well!
Yh I've applied but I don't have much hope for that one either. I am interested in applying in to the US, but if I stood a good chance at Cambridge then I would never bother with them because I'd have to move away from family :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending