Turn on thread page Beta

UKL Economists Club watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Name:

Going tot Andrews or Manchester

Political Beliefs: Centre Right

Economic Beliefs: Predominately Free-market

Ambition in Life: Happiness and satisfaction in whatever i end up doing.

Favourite Economics Quote: "If you put the government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of us going to warwick or nottingham. just making general comment lol.

ReputationRep:
    No ones going to birmingham apart from me lol

ReputationRep:
    Dumbo

Declined Durham for York-b'ham insurance
    oh yeh Eco and Finance

Political Opinions: Gays should marry in gretna green, thats if they are actually allowed to marry. Marriage is a 'religous ceremony' and therefore homosexuals should be exempt. "Marriage is the coming together of a man and a woman".

Economic Beliefs: I guess i like the Keynsian thing. Also left wing

Ambition in Life: Erm, probably Bank of England or invesment banking

Fav. Econ quote: Erm, Spread the wealth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    NameamaL

Going to: dunno yet!(still waiting)

Political beliefs: Centre

Economic beliefs: NeoClassical

Ambition in life:

Favourite Economics Quote: "In the long run we will all be dead " John Maynard Keynes
    hehe i still find some people who stick to this classical idea. Personally i dont understand how you can be a classicist when the theories are obviously not practical in this modern age!

ReputationRep:
    lol you're all sad *******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    lol you're all sad *******s
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :cool: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    :cool: :cool:
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    hehe i still find some people who stick to this classical idea. Personally i dont understand how you can be a classicist when the theories are obviously not practical in this modern age!
    well you said your a keynesian, and their policies are ot particularly practical in this modern age! besides they said nothing about being classical - just neoclassical. theres a big difference

ReputationRep:
    thought it was about time this thread was revived.
    ive chosen warwick as my firm over ucl btw (no insurance) for L100

ReputationRep:
    just imagine us lot are all gonna be competing against each other for jobs....ooh ahh!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well there isnt much competition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soumak)
    Well there isnt much competition?
    dont degrade yourself that much

ReputationRep:
    Name: Derrick Kam Hung Lo

going to: LSE/UCL/Warwick

political beleifs: centre right

Favourite quote: "communism is ultimately flawed" by me

ambition: to make stupidly large amounts of money (at least worlds top 500 people by the time it die)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually find it strange that so many people are off to study economics? I know I do because I happen to be the only person off to do straight economics this year from my sixth form college. More people off to do other degrees, largely medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Does anyone actually find it strange that so many people are off to study economics? I know I do because I happen to be the only person off to do straight economics this year from my sixth form college. More people off to do other degrees, largely medicine.
    thats weird, i know that economics is the most popular course in the uk, loadsa people are doing it in my year anyways for uni, and this kinda explains why grades requirements for economics are rising so fast e.g. york used to be be bbb just 2-3 years ago now its aab. I think its because people know that economics give you a good future with high earnings etc...and it being interesting is a bonus (or the other way round)

ReputationRep:
    thats weird, i know that economics is the most popular course in the uk, loadsa people are doing it in my year anyways for uni, and this kinda explains why grades requirements for economics are rising so fast e.g. york used to be be bbb just 2-3 years ago now its aab. I think its because people know that economics give you a good future with high earnings etc...and it being interesting is a bonus (or the other way round)
    Maybe its my school, its a girl's school but sicence is really popular in my year (but not in the year below). I think almost everyone does one natural science or maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Maybe its my school, its a girl's school but sicence is really popular in my year (but not in the year below). I think almost everyone does one natural science or maths.
    ahh that explains it, way more boys do economics than girls. In my class there are only 2 girls doing economics :confused: weird

ReputationRep:
    ahh that explains it, way more boys do economics than girls. In my class there are only 2 girls doing economics :confused: weird
    I'd say on the open days it was more evenly split. Maybe it's also because my school's predominantly english, a lot of british born indians/chinese/pakis etc seem to do economics.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2004
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.