Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Name:

Going tot Andrews or Manchester

Political Beliefs: Centre Right

Economic Beliefs: Predominately Free-market

Ambition in Life: Happiness and satisfaction in whatever i end up doing.

Favourite Economics Quote: "If you put the government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman
Fira
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There are loads of us going to warwick or nottingham. just making general comment lol.
MrIceKool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No ones going to birmingham apart from me lol
Dumbo
Report 16 years ago
Dumbo

Declined Durham for York-b'ham insurance
oh yeh Eco and Finance

Political Opinions: Gays should marry in gretna green, thats if they are actually allowed to marry. Marriage is a 'religous ceremony' and therefore homosexuals should be exempt. "Marriage is the coming together of a man and a woman".

Economic Beliefs: I guess i like the Keynsian thing. Also left wing

Ambition in Life: Erm, probably Bank of England or invesment banking

Fav. Econ quote: Erm, Spread the wealth?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
NameamaL

Going to: dunno yet!(still waiting)

Political beliefs: Centre

Economic beliefs: NeoClassical

Ambition in life:

Favourite Economics Quote: "In the long run we will all be dead " John Maynard Keynes
hehe i still find some people who stick to this classical idea. Personally i dont understand how you can be a classicist when the theories are obviously not practical in this modern age!
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol you're all sad *******s
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
lol you're all sad *******s
:cool:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
:cool: :cool:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
:cool: :cool:
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Ally45
Report 16 years ago
hehe i still find some people who stick to this classical idea. Personally i dont understand how you can be a classicist when the theories are obviously not practical in this modern age!
well you said your a keynesian, and their policies are ot particularly practical in this modern age! besides they said nothing about being classical - just neoclassical. theres a big difference
WILKO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thought it was about time this thread was revived.
ive chosen warwick as my firm over ucl btw (no insurance) for L100
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just imagine us lot are all gonna be competing against each other for jobs....ooh ahh!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Soumak
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Well there isnt much competition?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Soumak)
Well there isnt much competition?
dont degrade yourself that much
DLo
Report 16 years ago
Name: Derrick Kam Hung Lo

going to: LSE/UCL/Warwick

political beleifs: centre right

Favourite quote: "communism is ultimately flawed" by me

ambition: to make stupidly large amounts of money (at least worlds top 500 people by the time it die)
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone actually find it strange that so many people are off to study economics? I know I do because I happen to be the only person off to do straight economics this year from my sixth form college. More people off to do other degrees, largely medicine.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
Does anyone actually find it strange that so many people are off to study economics? I know I do because I happen to be the only person off to do straight economics this year from my sixth form college. More people off to do other degrees, largely medicine.
thats weird, i know that economics is the most popular course in the uk, loadsa people are doing it in my year anyways for uni, and this kinda explains why grades requirements for economics are rising so fast e.g. york used to be be bbb just 2-3 years ago now its aab. I think its because people know that economics give you a good future with high earnings etc...and it being interesting is a bonus (or the other way round)
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats weird, i know that economics is the most popular course in the uk, loadsa people are doing it in my year anyways for uni, and this kinda explains why grades requirements for economics are rising so fast e.g. york used to be be bbb just 2-3 years ago now its aab. I think its because people know that economics give you a good future with high earnings etc...and it being interesting is a bonus (or the other way round)
Maybe its my school, its a girl's school but sicence is really popular in my year (but not in the year below). I think almost everyone does one natural science or maths.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
Maybe its my school, its a girl's school but sicence is really popular in my year (but not in the year below). I think almost everyone does one natural science or maths.
ahh that explains it, way more boys do economics than girls. In my class there are only 2 girls doing economics :confused: weird
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ahh that explains it, way more boys do economics than girls. In my class there are only 2 girls doing economics :confused: weird
I'd say on the open days it was more evenly split. Maybe it's also because my school's predominantly english, a lot of british born indians/chinese/pakis etc seem to do economics.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.13%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (54)
27.98%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
53.89%

Watched Threads