helpneeded-a
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Well, its not that i don't have friends, i have friends, and i go out about 4 times a week :/ but i dont feel liek i click with anyone. I have a smaller group of friends, who i thought i'd be living with but 3 of them decided that they are living together as their doing the year abroad and they didnt wanna make other flat mates have to look for new flat mates later on :/ I live with 4 guys in my flat, and i know one doesnt really have anyone to live with but i dont think he'll live with me, so he's probably going to do the same as me and try and find people.

but, theres a girl in my flat and her parents are buyign a house and renting it to her and others :/ but if that doesnt happen she'll be living with parents, so not homeless.

I've been crying my eyes out ever since my 'friend' told me that her and the 2 guys are just guna live together. I feel lost, alone and just wanna keep crying and crying.

I feel like i wont click with randomers if i meet them in second year :/ and i feel like i'll just end up being lonley :/ i really feel so upset. I wish my bf could come live with me, but he lives in london and doesnt go uni :/

I feel liek dropping out of university. I dont want to be unhappy. are there others in the same position? like i dont feel like ive found someone i click with, those i do, have their own groups :/ and houses already :/ and are mainly guys. sigh. i just dont know what to do.

is there anyone else who was in this position in first year? had friends but didnt click, went out but didnt click with anyone. ?:/ sigh :/ feel so upset.
Arekkusu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was in your position in first year. Shamelessly ask around people you are kind of friends with, it's tough but has to be done. I found my house by some second-years advertising that they had free spaces (they were staying in the same house for another year, while housemates moved on), so me and a friend who also had nowhere to live went round there and took it. This is way more common than you'd think.

You ought to try and persuade the three to let you go with them: it won't be hard for them to find a fourth housemate in fourth year, demand always outstrips supply.
atheistwithfaith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be fair to them, the student housing situation in first year can be very stressful -- all the major estate agents tend to play up the fact that if you don't get a house sorted out IMMEDIATELY then they will all run out (which is rubbish, but for students with no previous knowledge of the rental market it can feel like all the good houses are going to disappear by February.

Just bring it up in conversation with people and hope you find someone looking for a housemate. "So what you doing for housing next year...?"
helpneeded-a
Rep:
?
(Original post by zippyRN)
1. It's January ffs - if it were the end of June in a place with a relative shortage of accomodation we might just have a little empathy for you

2. W/MTFU

3. Were you intoxicated when you posted ?

4. Bumping a thread posted at 0 dark 52 in the morning after less than half an hour for pity's sake

TBH moving in with 'sensible' sounding / looking randoms is a great way to widen your circles at uni
I was drunk actually.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by helpneeded-a)
Well, its not that i don't have friends, i have friends, and i go out about 4 times a week :/ but i dont feel liek i click with anyone. I have a smaller group of friends, who i thought i'd be living with but 3 of them decided that they are living together as their doing the year abroad and they didnt wanna make other flat mates have to look for new flat mates later on :/ I live with 4 guys in my flat, and i know one doesnt really have anyone to live with but i dont think he'll live with me, so he's probably going to do the same as me and try and find people.

I'd say try and live with these guys and then you have a year before you have to worry about trying to find a place with other people.

Just explain to them that you're fine with finding a new place next year and anyway it's easier to find a 4 bed room house than a 3 tbh.
helpneeded-a
Rep:
?
(Original post by MHorman)
I'd say try and live with these guys and then you have a year before you have to worry about trying to find a place with other people.

Just explain to them that you're fine with finding a new place next year and anyway it's easier to find a 4 bed room house than a 3 tbh.
Im gunan try i guess :/
alicepractice
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Heyy, yeah same thing kind of happened with me. I was left out of a house because of some dumb thing I did and they told me they didnt want a house bigger than 7, turns out now they are an 8 anyway but oh well. I luckily have a good friend from home and he is letting me live with him and his friends who I don't actually know, but I'm sure I will get on with.
But don't panic, just ask around. Ask people on your course, not everyone will be sorted by now and probably wont mind just one extra housemates- you'll get to know them really well when your living together. Also ask the three again, as three people in a house isnt alot and four is a much better number i think! You can easily find different housemates for 3rd year, loads of people switch again for third year.
Sorry that this has happened to you, I know how it feels and it isnt nice :/ hope things pick up x
poohat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just live with random people, youll be fine. Youve only known your current flatmates for a year, its not like youre being pulled away from lifelong friends. It sounds like you arent that close to your flatmates anyway, so making a new start should be fun. I moved into a flat of 8 strangers during 2nd year of whom I only knew 1, and I ended up meeting some really good friends there.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't either and i feel terrible because everyone else has signed a contract by now. People will go on about how great their house is, how pleased they are to be moving in with their friends etc and when they ask me if i have, i feel really bad and lie. Then as soon as i'm on my own i'm in floods of tears. I'm not brave enough to admit the truth to people, that nobody wants me to live with them and i have nobody left to ask. I have no idea what i'm doing and i feel so lost. Everyone says you meet your lifelong friends at uni and i still haven't found 1 person who i ''click'' with.

I'm friends with a large group of people but they have got 4 houses amongst themselves and i have been completely ignored by all of them. I really don't know why this has happened because i haven't done anything wrong. I'm not particularly close to any of them but we always get along, we go out as a group regularly and i know i'm always welcome to drink with them or to spend time together.

I can't ask people from my course because i have hardly met anyone there. I haven't gone past 'small talk' with anyone as we have 3 contact hours a week so there is no opportunity to get to know people on any real level. I sit with my friends from halls in lectures anyway.

I'm really nervous about having to look for a spare room with randomers. I'll happily take the opportunity to make some new friends but won't they be curious why nobody wanted to live with me? Eg. ''Nobody wanted to live with him, something must be up''. They will also have been mates for a year and will be pretty close, i'm going to stick out like a sore thumb. What if i don't fit in or they don't include me? It would be soul destroying having to live in that kind of environment

x
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was drunk actually.
just wondering given the nature of the post, it's timing and the bump after 29 minutes

in the cold light of sober day how do you feel on the topic ... ?
A level Az
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's still time to make friends or find someone who is looking for a housemate, but you could just stay in halls for your second year too, many people do.
Tsunami2011
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I don't either and i feel terrible because everyone else has signed a contract by now. People will go on about how great their house is, how pleased they are to be moving in with their friends etc and when they ask me if i have, i feel really bad and lie. Then as soon as i'm on my own i'm in floods of tears. I'm not brave enough to admit the truth to people, that nobody wants me to live with them and i have nobody left to ask. I have no idea what i'm doing and i feel so lost. Everyone says you meet your lifelong friends at uni and i still haven't found 1 person who i ''click'' with.

I'm friends with a large group of people but they have got 4 houses amongst themselves and i have been completely ignored by all of them. I really don't know why this has happened because i haven't done anything wrong. I'm not particularly close to any of them but we always get along, we go out as a group regularly and i know i'm always welcome to drink with them or to spend time together.

I can't ask people from my course because i have hardly met anyone there. I haven't gone past 'small talk' with anyone as we have 3 contact hours a week so there is no opportunity to get to know people on any real level. I sit with my friends from halls in lectures anyway.

I'm really nervous about having to look for a spare room with randomers. I'll happily take the opportunity to make some new friends but won't they be curious why nobody wanted to live with me? Eg. ''Nobody wanted to live with him, something must be up''. They will also have been mates for a year and will be pretty close, i'm going to stick out like a sore thumb. What if i don't fit in or they don't include me? It would be soul destroying having to live in that kind of environment
WTF to the bolded Why so little?
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tsunami2011)
WTF to the bolded Why so little?
I really don't know. It's so ****ing frustrating because everyone goes on about how easy it is to meet people from your course and it is physically impossible for me to do that when you have around 20 minutes a week to talk to them. I'm not exactly doing a 'mickey mouse' course either.

It's too late to make new friends so i guess i'll have to find somewhere with random people. Hope they're nice to me :sad:
Tsunami2011
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I really don't know. It's so ****ing frustrating because everyone goes on about how easy it is to meet people from your course and it is physically impossible for me to do that when you have around 20 minutes a week to talk to them. I'm not exactly doing a 'mickey mouse' course either.

It's too late to make new friends so i guess i'll have to find somewhere with random people. Hope they're nice to me :sad:
Ah man that's pretty sucky. I still can't believe that, 3hrs is a pittance. It must be hard to have a meaningful chat with anyone. Have you tried joining societies? It seems like you have friends, so that's not your issue. I'd be bold and just ask someone if they're willing to share with you, since people often just assume that you're sorted.
Chicharito14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How ironic that i stumble upon this thread, right when i find out the flatmates i thought i was good mates with, stabbed me in the back with houses for next year.

I just hate it when guys do not have the balls to stand up for their actions, and let me resort to finding out what's going on.

To all those who have been left with nobody to stay with next year, or have been betrayed by your fellow flatmates, i share your pain!
glousck
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do not drop out of uni, casn guarantee you will regret it as Uni is such an amazing experience and the people in it are only a part of it that should not dictate your overall happiness. It is not as if anyone has outright rejected you - as you state, you have a great social life so it's not like you're an outcast or anything.
Chicharito14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Indeed. They have got 4 houses amongst themselves and not one of them has told me what is going on or even mentioned housing in my presence. They're obviously waiting for me to leave before discussing it, i only know they've sorted everything because of Facebook status updates. Nothing better than realising that your only friends at uni don't enjoy having you around.

What are your plans?
I don't know, my flatmate who i get along with best, has been helpful, and is going to look for houses so that the people who ditched me can all live together.

However, i'm not sure i'd want to live with people who have stabbed me in the back, because whats to say they're not going to do it again?

So, at the moment, i'm screwed, and pissed off at the fact that none of the people in my halls have the guts or balls to approach me and tell me what they've done.

Not happy at all.
chrislpp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

but, theres a girl in my flat and her parents are buyign a house and renting it to her and others :/ but if that doesnt happen she'll be living with parents, so not homeless.

I've been crying my eyes out ever since my 'friend' told me that her and the 2 guys are just guna live together. I feel lost, alone and just wanna keep crying and crying.

I feel like i wont click with randomers if i meet them in second year :/ and i feel like i'll just end up being lonley :/ i really feel so upset. I wish my bf could come live with me, but he lives in london and doesnt go uni :/

I feel liek dropping out of university. I dont want to be unhappy. are there others in the same position? like i dont feel like ive found someone i click with, those i do, have their own groups :/ and houses already :/ and are mainly guys. sigh. i just dont know what to do.

is there anyone else who was in this position in first year? had friends but didnt click, went out but didnt click with anyone. ?:/ sigh :/ feel so upset.
So much BETA male in this post.
atheistwithfaith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chrislpp)
So much BETA male in this post.
So much TOOL in this post.

You know I'm pretty sure they are not male.
helpneeded-a
Rep:
?
ok, im pretty drunkj and have cxome dfrim a night out, and i dont knwo why im on student room, but i wanted to see what peiople asaid, and i don knw what aN DHOW IM TYPING SOME PROERPLUY.M buty my firend qwho was gunna liuev with told me tha she was crying too so wi ferlyj bad aswell and they all said sorry but its what we had to do and we do love you a loy but were sorry we dont anyoen to go with hassle of dinfing new house mate, so i feel alright, i gues si have friends and they have their reaosn i guess? xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
69.7%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
10.3%

Watched Threads