?
Report 7 years ago
Its a mock, the whole point is too see how you do
sophie5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So in general do people usually drastically improve from the mocks?
DanielMartin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sophie5)
Why do you even care? You are forgetting the list of conditionals that are required to do well, not exclusive too but including:

- Being both mentally and physically well
- Being interested in the subject
- Having done revision
- In a good positive attitude not doubting your own capabilities

They are the main conditions I would say, so - It's simple, you obviously didn't forfill every conditional therefore your mock didn't go well - but it is just a Mock... relax. You should get a bit pissy at A level mocks but not at GCSE.
sophie5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by DanielMartin)
Why do you even care? You are forgetting the list of conditionals that are required to do well, not exclusive too but including:

- Being both mentally and physically well
- Being interested in the subject
- Having done revision
- In a good positive attitude not doubting your own capabilities

They are the main conditions I would say, so - It's simple, you obviously didn't forfill every conditional therefore your mock didn't go well - but it is just a Mock... relax. You should get a bit pissy at A level mocks but not at GCSE.
Ok yeah i know its basically a lack of revision. Thankyou for your help though
Ginger Julia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really wouldnt worry about it!! Many people make such an improvement from their mocks to the real thing.
For example in my English Langauge mock I got a C but in the real thing I achieved an A*!!! I was sosososososo proud of myself and it was a great suprise. Just work really really hard from now until your real exams and it will all be fine
Ginger Julia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Btw I really underperformed in my mock and was supposed to get an A, my teacher really pushed me
EmmaJane_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mocks don't matter at all.
Basit2010
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EmmaJane_)
Mocks don't matter at all.
well they actually do matter as they determine your predicted grade that is sent off to your College/ sixth forms..
cmoore094
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
GCSE Mocks don't really matter.. I got C/D's in mine and ended up with pretty much all above B's in the real thing.. Don't worry!

A Level Mocks are a different story though, they really affect stuff i.e. predicted grades given to UCAS.
EmmaJane_
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Basit2010)
well they actually do matter as they determine your predicted grade that is sent off to your College/ sixth forms..
What really matters is the actual qualification. Predicted grades and target grades are all bull****, the only predicted grades that matter are the final A-Level ones that are sent to universities. GCSE's don't really matter, never mind the mocks!
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Now you should know you actually need to revise, which should fix the issue.
AspiringGenius
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cmoore094)
GCSE Mocks don't really matter.. I got C/D's in mine and ended up with pretty much all above B's in the real thing.. Don't worry!

A Level Mocks are a different story though, they really affect stuff i.e. predicted grades given to UCAS.
What. :lolwut: I hope not

OP: I got a G in my English Literature mock (wrote about how I thought the inspector frm an inspector calls was the real muderer and was trying to cover up his crimes by drugging the Birlings and forcing them to falsely confess.) and got a good grade in the real ing the fact your concernded about GCSEs shows you will probably do quite well anyway as working hard pays off
h_a_95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think anybody should claim that mocks dont matter, they are very important, they are the grades that decide if a college interviews you or not i know this as im applying for college now.

I was predicted 8 C's and 3 D's for my gcse's, and i wanted to go to this sixth form that required 4B's and 4C's so what i did is i worked hard in yr10 got good grades, and my teachers changed my predicted grades too 2 A*'s 6A's 3B's. The predicted grades can be changed at any time if your subject teacher wants it too, so all you have to do is show the right work ethic in class and do well in class exams then ask her/he if you can change them and chances are they will.
h_a_95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At GCSE it's pretty simple tbh, just revise from a textbook, take notes over and over again summarize topics in paragraphs, do this about 45 mins per day about 3 weeks before exam for each subject and there's no reason why you shoulden't be hitting A/A*'s
subjectman10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try revising a tad more for the real exam n see how you do?
Plus a mock is not the real one, good to have a bit of guilt though.
translucent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sophie5)
I got a U in my maths mock, an ended up with an A
from what i gather most people don't bother revising for mocks, therefore it is considerably lower than their actual grade
mijin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mocks are worthless tbh, and for some people they're pretty inaccurate guidelines as to how well you're doing. I got a U in English Lit in my mocks and an A* in the exam itself, and countless others failed their mocks but did well in the real exams.

If you have to take anything away from it, let it be this: you failed your mocks because you didn't revise. You now know what you need to do to do well. That's the whole point of the things.

(Original post by h_a_95)
they are the grades that decide if a college interviews you or not i know this as im applying for college now
Bless.

They mean **** all. Trust us. No good teacher will predict your entire grade on one exam - they keep an eye on your work throughout the year. What if you had a bad day? What if you were ill etc? It wouldn't be fair. They look at your work as a whole. In the long run, most universities (save for Oxbridge) don't even look at GCSEs, and I have never, ever heard of any looking at your predicted grades. Unless you're scraping Us and Es, which may suggest college isn't suitable for you, you seriously don't need to worry.
Historophilia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got really bad results in my mocks after not revising properly and the shock of that gave me impetus to work hard and get good results.

The most important step is one you've already made, realising you need to improve and exactly what you need to do to improve them.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great
asas78978
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Man!
Seriously I was like you before and now when I firstly messed up my real exam then I realized how stupid I am worrying about mocks. Just study hard man.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (312)
46.15%
No (75)
11.09%
I'm not old enough (289)
42.75%

Watched Threads