Poll: Which university is a better choice for A&F??
Nottingham (4)
28.57%
Exeter (10)
71.43%
telev.yh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey people please help me decide!! I have been accepted by Uni of Nottingham and Uni of Exeter for accounting and finance. WHICH SHOULD I CHOOOSE???

Nottingham - Russell Group, City living
Exeter - Higher ranked, peaceful living

Please advice me :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
henry93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Historophilia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What grades do they want?

If Exeter are asking for higher than Nottingham I'd say go with what the poster above has suggested.
telev.yh
Rep:
?
If i ain't wrong, both grades are about the same with exeter edging a little higher. But I was wondering, will the job prospects be better if one were to study in Nottingham since it's a city?
Historophilia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by telev.yh)
If i ain't wrong, both grades are about the same with exeter edging a little higher. But I was wondering, will the job prospects be better if one were to study in Nottingham since it's a city?
I doubt it, Nottingham isn't that big a city and it's in an area which is suffering high levels of unemployment.

What would be better to up your employment prospects would be to do work experience or internships in your Uni holidays.

Also, from what I hear, Exeter has an excellent careers service.
El Commandante
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
is your accounting and finance at nottingham the 'accounting and finance for contemporary china' course?
telev.yh
Rep:
?
@Historophilia. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!
@El Commandante. Nah, its BA Finance, Accounting and Management.
Sarge
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had to make the same choice a few years ago for biology and went for Nottingham and didn't regret it.
telev.yh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarge)
I had to make the same choice a few years ago for biology and went for Nottingham and didn't regret it.
If I were to take biology, I suppose I would go for Nottingham with its strong research base. I heard Nottingham is pretty happening compared to Exeter. What do you think?
SL17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Exeter ftw
fnm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nottingham has had (and still does) a far superior rep over the years compared to exeter, a uni which was in the 30s/40s in league tables years ago. Exeter doesn't perform at all on an international scale either.
SL17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranki...United_Kingdom

You can't deny it's on the climb though The entry standards are rising every year and further investment in the main campus and other facilities ensure its position in the top 10/15 is maintained and still rising, so I honestly doubt it would be dropping back to the 30 and 40's :confused: In terms of domestic employment, world rankings matter very little. But having said that, Exeter have broken into the top 200 universities of the world.
SL17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/spc/stratplan/leaguetables/
JesusIsMyHomeboy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ah.. I'm in the same situation! I'm thinking Exeter though but I keep changing my mind!
telev.yh
Rep:
?
(Original post by JesusIsMyHomeboy)
Ah.. I'm in the same situation! I'm thinking Exeter though but I keep changing my mind!
HAHAHA i feel you man! I changed my mind so much that i confused myself -.-
Fosteeer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This might be slightly late, but I have the same dilemma between Exeter and Nottingham for German and Politics! I love both the Exeter and Nottingham campus, but I think I'd prefer Exeter city, but then Nottingham has the nightlife! OH THE CHOICES!
telev.yh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fosteeer)
This might be slightly late, but I have the same dilemma between Exeter and Nottingham for German and Politics! I love both the Exeter and Nottingham campus, but I think I'd prefer Exeter city, but then Nottingham has the nightlife! OH THE CHOICES!
Yeaaa I was thinking the same too but I suppose one will still be able to have fun in exeter with all the house parties i hope XD haha. And I suppose weakend trips can always be arranged
JammyDodger3000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There's still a decent nightlife in Exeter if that's what you want! Maybe not up there with London etc, but everyone has a good time

Personally, I love the city - everything is within walking distance, all the shops you need and the beach is close by! I can't really speak for Nottingham, I've only seen the campus once unfortunately!

Also, Exeter have just spent millions on improvements to the campus! It'll all be finished by Autumn 2012 and be brand new for you!

Only thing I will say is that Exeter isn't very cheap for accommodation etc
siddni22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have same problems going for LLM Human rights... Which one should I choose ??? Very very confused. :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.88%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.56%

Watched Threads