AQA HIS4X historical enquiry Watch

zoz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone else in the process of doing their AQA history coursework right now?!
Covering the Supreme Court's role in the black American civil rights struggle. I'm in need of a bit of help on how to structure the essay: it seems that the only way to do it is chronologically as the Court gets more liberal as time goes on but i'm desperately trying to avoid that! Does anyone have any ideas?
GB7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing this at the moment too, just getting into the reading and planning at the moment mainly (mine's on the Spanish Inquisition). I don't really think it matters that much if you structure your essay chronologically, as long as you make sure at every point you're analysing and referencing historical viewpoints, historians, key figures etc. Broadly, I'm going to split my time period into three and then focus on each of the three sections in turn - I think it's quite a good way of making sure you cover the 100 year period. Probably a good idea to identify a few really key events and do a lot of analysis on them. I think the key is making sure you're not merely narrating, but you probably know this already!
OpokL
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing the supreme courts role in black civil rights as well ! Quick question when we put in the historical interpretation into the argument, do we analyse it in the essay, or leave it til the source evaluation ?
Anniiiie:)
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When you're structuring the essay, I was told rather than chronologically to focus on key themes so 'social, economical, political...'. I'm also doing Civil Rights.
I would recommend as well analysing the interpretation in the essay as well as source evaluation in order to build your argument.
Cherry97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GB7)
I'm doing this at the moment too, just getting into the reading and planning at the moment mainly (mine's on the Spanish Inquisition). I don't really think it matters that much if you structure your essay chronologically, as long as you make sure at every point you're analysing and referencing historical viewpoints, historians, key figures etc. Broadly, I'm going to split my time period into three and then focus on each of the three sections in turn - I think it's quite a good way of making sure you cover the 100 year period. Probably a good idea to identify a few really key events and do a lot of analysis on them. I think the key is making sure you're not merely narrating, but you probably know this already!
Hi,

I know this is super old but I was wondering if you possibly still had your historical enquiry about the Spanish Inquisition. I am looking for a model answer which will help me see how mine should be structured and and make it more themed instead of telling a story! I know your comment was posted 4 years ago but somehow im still hoping that you may have it somewhere saved!!!

So sorry for the bother!

Thank you in advance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10.03%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.17%
No, but I want to start (136)
35.88%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.69%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.23%