The Student Room Group

Thin Line between love and hate?

i used 2 reallly like this guy who's my friend now, i was so infatuated with him since like july last yr when i first saw/met him.....ive been over him since like the end of january...or so i thought when i got over him i felt like i actually realllly disliked him cause we hang out together at school its difficult but i'd always try to not chat to him whereas when i liked him i used 2 find any opportunity to have a convo with him, i'd also try to avoid being in the same place as him when it wasnt mandatory e.g every day at school 3rd period we have a free lesson or enrichment which is like a study period which is designated to pupils...i dont have one on fridays but he does and when i liked him i used 2 go to his enrichment with like other friends just so i could spend time with him BUT last fri i didnt intend to go but he saw me on his way and told me to come so i did even though i didnt really want to (confusing but whatever)

i was talking about him with my cousin last night and she was sayin how when i talk about him or say his name there's like an evil tone of voice or like im disgusted by him and i actually feel like theres a part of me that hates him and i got this weird feeling in my upper chest when i was tlking abt him

my cousin was adamant that even though i think i'm over him that i actually like him even more now cause how ive been acting but i dnt believe i do it doesnt feel the same as when i used to like him!

what's going....sorry for the life story lol
Reply 1
What is it about him you hate,exactly?
Challenge anyone to read that breathing ONLY at the full stops!:wink:
Bombalistic

lol i was actually gonna do that!!! :redface:
Reply 4
Bombalistic

lol i know...i really shouldn't have dropped english my punctuation has become poor!
Anonymous
i used 2 reallly like this guy who's my friend now, i was so infatuated with him since like july last yr when i first saw/met him.....ive been over him since like the end of january...or so i thought when i got over him i felt like i actually realllly disliked him cause we hang out together at school its difficult but i'd always try to not chat to him whereas when i liked him i used 2 find any opportunity to have a convo with him, i'd also try to avoid being in the same place as him when it wasnt mandatory e.g every day at school 3rd period we have a free lesson or enrichment which is like a study period which is designated to pupils...i dont have one on fridays but he does and when i liked him i used 2 go to his enrichment with like other friends just so i could spend time with him BUT last fri i didnt intend to go but he saw me on his way and told me to come so i did even though i didnt really want to (confusing but whatever)

i was talking about him with my cousin last night and she was sayin how when i talk about him or say his name there's like an evil tone of voice or like im disgusted by him and i actually feel like theres a part of me that hates him and i got this weird feeling in my upper chest when i was tlking abt him

my cousin was adamant that even though i think i'm over him that i actually like him even more now cause how ive been acting but i dnt believe i do it doesnt feel the same as when i used to like him!

what's going....sorry for the life story lol

very very finew line between love and hate and surely u know how u feel better than other people.....?
Reply 6
Markus
What is it about him you hate,exactly?

just thinking about him really irritates me and gets me annoyed and i'm really beginning to just highlight all his little flaws that i ignored before. It may be that i just hate him for no reason, cause he hasn't done anything specific to me.
Reply 7
albowonderer
very very finew line between love and hate and surely u know how u feel better than other people.....?

true but other people might read signs more objectively than i would.
Reply 8
its a funy thing love. one of my friends, sixth months on is still infatuated with his ex, and he claims to hate her.hes always insulting her in sometimes awfully abusive ways, he just hasnt got over her and in truth is still completely in love. you just need to let go, and stop clinging to the person. jealousy is probably the most viscious emotion in my opinion and it seems that your jealous of him being in relationships or flirty with other people. sometimes it can be difficult to emotionally let go of someone, especially if your in close proximity to them alot. But if you just realise that, like everyone, he is just trying to be happy it makes it much easier to be compassionate for them and so remove your hatred. you might want to distance yourself from him a bit and take some time to become friends with new people so you lose your attachement to him. Buddhism is always so helpful in situations like this ! hope that helped.
DaBand
just thinking about him really irritates me and gets me annoyed and i'm really beginning to just highlight all his little flaws that i ignored before. It may be that i just hate him for no reason, cause he hasn't done anything specific to me.

What was the point of posting anonymously btw? :p:
Reply 10
Alias667
its a funy thing love. one of my friends, sixth months on is still infatuated with his ex, and he claims to hate her.hes always insulting her in sometimes awfully abusive ways, he just hasnt got over her and in truth is still completely in love. you just need to let go, and stop clinging to the person. jealousy is probably the most viscious emotion in my opinion and it seems that your jealous of him being in relationships or flirty with other people. sometimes it can be difficult to emotionally let go of someone, especially if your in close proximity to them alot. But if you just realise that, like everyone, he is just trying to be happy it makes it much easier to be compassionate for them and so remove your hatred. you might want to distance yourself from him a bit and take some time to become friends with new people so you lose your attachement to him. Buddhism is always so helpful in situations like this ! hope that helped.

what?! did you read my post?...i try to avoid him sometimes i can sometimes i can't and jealousy? i didn't mention that in my post...i don't get jealous anymore in relationship to him
Reply 11
Hey, i believe that you've misinterpreted me. By avoid him i dont mean physically, i mean emotionally. I always find that making new friends, or trying to better understand the ones i have by making effort of conversation etc is a good way to forget about anxiety or hatred of someone else. On the other hand confronting him and just talking to him may make you realise that hes a nice guy. I know you didnt mention jealousy, but you have to look at the logical reasons why you hate him ? What other possible reasons are there, you don't mention him being unkind to you so from my perspective jealousy is a plausible reason. Jealousy often manifests itself as hatred, not realising that the reason you hate someone is because your jealous. I'm speaking from experience, i wasnt trying to be condescending or assumptious. sorry ! i'm not trying to moralise or anything, just my two cents.