The Student Room Group

E&A Oral Exam (PE OCR) A2

Hey guys!

I'm preparing for my E&A Oral exam, which is in March.

Topics: Anatomy & Physiology, Sport Psychology, History of chosen Sport.

I'm very shy, so I don't like to speak much in class and I've got little confidence (However, in last years e-Pips I managed to score 18/20, which is reasonable as I forgot to mention the baseline tests). I'm struggling to even attempt typing out or speaking about any of those topics for my sport (Kung Fu).

If anyone could give me any advice or general tips of how to start off, what sort of depth I have to go into, etc? That would be great!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Hai! I've wrote up my EPIP, i got 18/20 last year too :P
For psychology i wrote about how personalities should affect what sports we play, such as introverts play individual sports, relating to yours of Kung fu! Also spoke about attitudes and attributions to success/failure and what a coach should do to reinforce positive attributes etc etc
For exercise phys i wrote about Periodisation and created a whole plan for my training for my sport (cricket) so you could do that but relate it to how you train for your sport and add in meso/macro cycles etc, and spoke about types of strength needed and flexibility.
for history you'll need to do some independant research on that due to it not being one of the 5 sports we study :frown: i just wrote a 20 marker for my section as cricket is in the chosen 5!

Also, add in some things from last year such as muscle fibre types, vo2 max, joint movements, NGBs, sport england, reinforcement, selective attention and classification of skills :smile:
Hope this helps ha!
Reply 2
Original post by claree-

Original post by claree-
Hai! I've wrote up my EPIP, i got 18/20 last year too :P
For psychology i wrote about how personalities should affect what sports we play, such as introverts play individual sports, relating to yours of Kung fu! Also spoke about attitudes and attributions to success/failure and what a coach should do to reinforce positive attributes etc etc
For exercise phys i wrote about Periodisation and created a whole plan for my training for my sport (cricket) so you could do that but relate it to how you train for your sport and add in meso/macro cycles etc, and spoke about types of strength needed and flexibility.
for history you'll need to do some independant research on that due to it not being one of the 5 sports we study :frown: i just wrote a 20 marker for my section as cricket is in the chosen 5!

Also, add in some things from last year such as muscle fibre types, vo2 max, joint movements, NGBs, sport england, reinforcement, selective attention and classification of skills :smile:
Hope this helps ha!

I love you. Thank you so much! I was pretty much confused, but I understood briefly what sort of content I required to speak about, but I didn't know about last year's stuff. Thanks again! And best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending