AQA AS History 2K - Mussolini's Italy Watch

Felineyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Did anyone else do this? I thought the questions were actually quite decent, for once, though I've fluffed the 24 mark essay question.

How did it go for you?
raxatax
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what were the questions??
f1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Felineyx)
Did anyone else do this? I thought the questions were actually quite decent, for once, though I've fluffed the 24 mark essay question.

How did it go for you?
Hi I am sitting this exam next week and I was hoping you might remember what the questions were for your exam?? It would be really helpful to know, especially the topic of the sources.
f1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by raxatax)
what were the questions??
did you have any luck finding these questions? I am sitting the same exam so it would be so helpful to know.
Peelandco
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just posted this in another thread

Jan 2012 1 -source question on education
2 Source Q HOw far had MUssolini succeeded in creating a nation of loyal fascists by 1939?
3. Why did MUssolini launch the battle for Lira?
4.Mussolinis economic policies completely failed to modernize Italy 1922-39- agree or disagree?
5. Explain why MUssolini wanted to expand Italy's empire in Africa?
6. 1923-40 MUssolini achieved all of his foreign policy ambitions agree or disagree?
f1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Peelandco)

2 Source Q HOw far had MUssolini succeeded in creating a nation of loyal fascists by 1939?
4.Mussolinis economic policies completely failed to modernize Italy 1922-39- agree or disagree?
6. 1923-40 MUssolini achieved all of his foreign policy ambitions agree or disagree?
Thank you so much, I really appreciate you posting this
hamsterdowns
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Has anybody else got this tomorrow afternoon?
f1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hamsterdowns)
Has anybody else got this tomorrow afternoon?
Yeah I do, seriously worried though as I know hardly anything and really struggle to answer the questions. Do you have any examples of high scoring essays, as we weren't given any by our teacher.
raxatax
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Peelandco)

brilliant thank you!!
f1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does anybody have any predictions for this paper? There is so much to learn and I want to pick out some key areas but i'm not sure which ones.
ABCstudent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
jan 2012 are such nice questions that means ours are prob not gonna be those jan 2012 ones dayyuuum
Amos36
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Okay; so it was - Social Policy source question, Economic Policy and Foreign Policy essay questions. So I would particularly focus on the Consolidation of Power & Downfall topics then me thinks...

Any advice on structuring the source questions? Or all of the paper if you prefer? :P

Oh and of course good luck to everyone taking it tomorrow!! History sure is tough... glad it's got low grade boundaries (50-52 out of 72 usually) attached to it or else I'd die a little inside. :L
hamsterdowns
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by f1234)
Yeah I do, seriously worried though as I know hardly anything and really struggle to answer the questions. Do you have any examples of high scoring essays, as we weren't given any by our teacher.
'Fraid not - we only got given low scoring essays and told what not to do :/ We have been told that for 12 mark questions its

Point one
Point two
Point three
Links and conclusion

Whilst for 24 its

Intro
Point for
Point for
Point for
Point against
Conclusion

... I'm not sure what everybody else has been told structure-wise
hamsterdowns
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by f1234)
does anybody have any predictions for this paper? There is so much to learn and I want to pick out some key areas but i'm not sure which ones.
The exam board loves consolidation of power (because there's so much to say) and it didn't come up last year - I'd really look at this. Also, WWII seems to have been missing for a while. Take these with a pinch of salt though - they can put on whatever they like and there is no way to predict!
ABCstudent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
how did everyone find that?
i found the source questions so hard, whenever the questions about the economy its always about its success, but they talked about industrialising and i did not revise that at all, its only a tiny bit in the text book about that
hamsterdowns
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ABCstudent)
how did everyone find that?
i found the source questions so hard, whenever the questions about the economy its always about its success, but they talked about industrialising and i did not revise that at all, its only a tiny bit in the text book about that
Yeah, my class found the source question iffy - Source A + B barely related to the 24 marker :/ I wrote about economy as a whole for most of it - there just wasn't enough on industry.

Did most people do Consolidation of Power or Salo Republic? x
Ecomax
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
^^ I too found the 24 mark source iffy .. I talked about things like the corporate statement iri and imi .. Autarky etc etc

And also brought in things like north south divide .. Electrification of rural parts of Italy etc .. Other stuff aswell but I went into some haze so no idea what I wrote for half of the source :L

The 12 and 24 mark question on consolidation, was pretty easy

I lost my structure a bit for the 24 mark .. Still made a valid argument though..
Use of terror vs compromise, genuine popularity .. Propoganda, other factors
ABCstudent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hamsterdowns)
Yeah, my class found the source question iffy - Source A + B barely related to the 24 marker :/ I wrote about economy as a whole for most of it - there just wasn't enough on industry.

Did most people do Consolidation of Power or Salo Republic? x
Yeh i know, using source a and b made me go on a tangent about living conditions, but i just used it as an example of success/not success because this is also important when assessing like how industrialised it was idk though it was really weird
yeh me too i talked about other parts of the economy too
oh well

i did consolidation, but the thing about consolidation was i couldn't think of much to say about why terror was important....cos i swear it was't from 1924 onwards anyway as its what nearly toppled him from power in the matteoti affair...

what did you do?
Georgiem7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
why are you doing the exam later?? thats ****ing unfair
Clarkieboy123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got this on Wednesday? What do you think will come up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.51%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.44%

Watched Threads