Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wat subjects do u do atm?

i took:

Mathematics (Mechanics & Statistics)
DT: Product Design
Applied ICT
Physics (dropped = hatred)

i used parts of my DT coursework i did in AS and A2 as my 'written' so i dont see any harm in that
Reply 21
Yh I do Product Design Maths ICT and Biology I'll just show em my AS and A2 parts of my product design I guess.
I've applied - see my sig - BSc Product design or whatever the individual unis call it!
Reply 23
haha i understand, names sure has their complications...
I've applied for Product Design (BA and BSc) at Aston, Bournemouth, Brunel, Loughborough and Nottingham Trent. Got offers from Aston, Bournemouth and Trent, had an interview at Brunel on 7th December but no reply as of yet :s-smilie: Also have an interview at Loughborough on 1st of Feb which i am quite nervous for.
Reply 25
Original post by raymondng4186
I've applied for Product Design (BA and BSc) at Aston, Bournemouth, Brunel, Loughborough and Nottingham Trent. Got offers from Aston, Bournemouth and Trent, had an interview at Brunel on 7th December but no reply as of yet :s-smilie: Also have an interview at Loughborough on 1st of Feb which i am quite nervous for.

Im sure you will do fine :smile: ive done 2 interviews so far (Nottingham Trent & Huddersfield) which offered me conditional thankfully. i got another on 3rd Feb(De MontFort) and 21st Feb(Coventry) to do so ermmm fingers crossed for those... need any help with interviews? tho im sure you are experienced enough ;D
Reply 26
Original post by 12win12
So ive applied for BA at:

Nottingham Trent - Conditional offer
Coventry
De Montfort
CSM
Huddersfield

any1 else joining me in from the list? :smile:

Hi, I have applied for

Nottingham Trent (Had an interview on the 11th but still heard nothing :frown: )
Coventry (interview)
Demontfort (heard nothing)
Huddersfield (interview)
Wolverhampton (interview)

:smile: just wondering what was the Huddersfield interview was like? What type of questions??

thank-you :smile:

I havent hurt back from Brunel yet either.. pain isnt it
Look like ill be seeing you at the Loughborough interview on wednesday - done the task yet?
Reply 28
Original post by Broton
Hi, I have applied for

Nottingham Trent (Had an interview on the 11th but still heard nothing :frown: )
Coventry (interview)
Demontfort (heard nothing)
Huddersfield (interview)
Wolverhampton (interview)

:smile: just wondering what was the Huddersfield interview was like? What type of questions??

thank-you :smile:

oh it wasnt exactly interviewed... or maybe it was because of the amount of applicants that day since therw was alot. just expect that you will just leave your portfolio in a room of some sort, where you will be taken away for a tour or something. during that time a lecturer or course leader or watevr will go through your portfolio and making decisions straight away then telling you afterwards. :smile:
Reply 29
think as a thread starter ill update, so far ive got...:

Nottingham Trent- Conditional offer 280pts
Huddersfield - Conditional offer 300pts (Including B+ in DT)
De Montfort - Interview 3rd Feb
Coventry - Interview 21st Feb
Central Saint Martins - Mystery although I have sent off the mini-portfolio that they wanted...

Anyway any new offers for any future product designers here?
( anyone is welcome :smile: and once again don't let other threats kick us out to the next page! )
(edited 12 years ago)

How did todays interview go for you? thought it was pretty intense compared to my other 2 interviews, but whoop today marks the end of over 60 hours of travelling in total for uni open days and interviews!
Reply 31
ok i concluded my chances of getting in de montfort is low and after listening to their course presentation again, i dont like it as it sounds too engineering based. -.-
Reply 32
I've applied for;
Derby -conditional
Nottingham Trent -conditional
De Montfort -conditional
Sheffield Hallam
Leeds met -withdrew
Interviews have gone pretty well tbf, don't really like the look of the course at de Montfort if I'm honest, and ive got Hallam interview 20th february
Reply 33
well i find it a bit expensive there now... paying ur own materials too? wat a joke -.-
Can someone tell me what the nottingham trent facillities are like? I went on an open day, but I'm desperately trying to remember what the actual design facilities is like, I can remember the rest of the place though!

Just got an offer for Brunel!!
Reply 35
hmmm i last went there in decembr for the interview... they had some huge 'water gun' thing? that can cut through thick metal apparantly lol
they also have alot of prototyping machines too including some huge CNC. they had a large studio space for students although i cant remember much
Reply 36
Original post by 12win12

Original post by 12win12
well i find it a bit expensive there now... paying ur own materials too? wat a joke -.-

Well I know I'm finding that as well... They said when I was there about paying for materials etc and said it could be in region of 200-400 at end of year just for the final which put me off in all honesty. P.s apologies for late reply 12win12
Reply 37
Original post by chicken123
Well I know I'm finding that as well... They said when I was there about paying for materials etc and said it could be in region of 200-400 at end of year just for the final which put me off in all honesty. P.s apologies for late reply 12win12

thats alright :smile: but yea i decided i wont pick going there now even though they probs will reject me. i feel that have a huge preference for the BSc course that its kinda like... BA will be neglected a bit and it sounded like its a bit too engineering based-ish if you get what i mean.

to be honest i thought BA was more about the creativeness not the very 'technical' issue. it wasnt very pleasing in the interview where the guy was like i dont think this course is suitable for you since you are a bit more conceptual. i mean seriously i though product design BA was more about the artistic side aswell as putting commercial practice in place at the same time. so yea apart from their facilities, i have been put off greatly.

after my interview at huddersfield, i very much agree with their view of the course: "there is no preference of BA or BSc, as long as you make a beautiful product that works, then its fine." well they said something along the lines of that, which was VERY encouraging.

sry about the rant lol
Reply 38
lol no worries, i understand fully what you mean. They kind of mentioned the BA when i was there but didnt go into it as much as they did on the BSc, the only reason that im still considering there is because of how good the facilities were.

I also got that in my interview but still got an offer so you should, he said that im more interested in 'aesthetics rather than functionality' which is kind of obvious as im applying for BA and not BSc lol i looked into huddersfield as well but only reason for not applying there was because of the town, and the fact there isnt much of a nightlife as i did used to live there lol
Reply 39
haah ic, ill c how it goes then... but yea im not too bothered about city life to be honest, but from huddersfield i got the impression that they actually care about a student's progress which i think is a key thing for a university so il see how my offers go :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest