The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hope not, it looks like they are trying to make as much money on us as possible so they can pay for protection for that dodgy hook guy who promotes terroism :rolleyes:
Probably not. But it wouldn't surprise me, we're taxed upon death...
Reply 3
serendipity
Is it true that labour are planning a tax on so-called "family foods" like butter and bread?

EDIT: lol, excuse the spelling in the thread title! Maybe a mod would be so kind as to change it for me?? :tongue:

Doesn't VAT count as this?
XTinaA
Probably not. But it wouldn't surprise me, we're taxed upon death...

yeah i found it hard to believe but with this government.....
Reply 5

I'm pretty sure VAT isn't charged on what are deemed as "necessities" to life - only on luxuries.
Reply 6

I mean like an extra tax :mad:
Reply 7
^^ read above post :smile:
Reply 8
No idea.
Reply 9
Sounds a bit bizarre to me.
jammyd
Sounds a bit bizarre to me.

and unlikely
Reply 11
sillynarb2
and unlikely

Correction. Highly likely with Gordon Brown in charge of the "ministry of thievery and redistribution"
Reply 12
Howard
Correction. Highly likely with Gordon Brown in charge of the "ministry of thievery and redistribution"

redistribution suggests fairness....
Reply 13
sillynarb2
and unlikely

Yeah, seems silly. Whats a narb?
Reply 14
i have heard that it is because they want to prevent obesity. if i'm not remebering it wrong, by 2020 a third of the population in the UK would be fat/overweight if the food habits continue as they are
Reply 15
Oh, the "fat tax" question. And guess what?.......if it ever goes ahead they will only do so reluctantly with a reduction in obesity in ......"it's for everyone's good honestly.........and erm......absolutely nothing to do with taking more money out of peoples wallets at all.......oh no...no..no.."

And, of course there's no points for answering who "fat taxes" hit the hardest. Who eats convenience food the most? That's right.....the poorer sections of society. And so a "fat tax" will hit hardest those who simply can't afford to pay.
Reply 16
blissy
redistribution suggests fairness....

Do you think taking one persons money and giving it to another person is fair? I don't.
Reply 17
Howard
Oh, the "fat tax" question. And guess what?.......if it ever goes ahead they will only do so reluctantly with a reduction in obesity in ......"it's for everyone's good honestly.........and erm......absolutely nothing to do with taking more money out of peoples wallets at all.......oh no...no..no.."

And, of course there's no points for answering who "fat taxes" hit the hardest. Who eats convenience food the most? That's right.....the poorer sections of society. And so a "fat tax" will hit hardest those who simply can't afford to pay.

They should alter their eating habits then.
Reply 18
Howard

True.
Reply 19
jammyd
They should alter their eating habits then.

Where does the extra money come from?

Latest

Trending

Trending