The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Shouldn't have woken up...
Day 4 without mirtazapine. Took my girlfriend 45 minutes to get me out of bed. It really hurts.
Original post by Sabertooth
There is "nothing else" the GP can give me. :sigh: They're going to call the psychiatrist and find out if they should prescribe anything. In the meantime I'm meant to god only knows what. Probably

Spoiler

3 weeks? 3 weeks without sleep with people following me, stealing my thoughts, spying on me, laughing at me, generally driving me up the wall. What the **** am I meant to do? I'm actually going to go insane, actually insane.....one person is not meant to be this stressed it is impossible.

hospital
Original post by Sabertooth
There is "nothing else" the GP can give me. :sigh: They're going to call the psychiatrist and find out if they should prescribe anything. In the meantime I'm meant to god only knows what. Probably

Spoiler

3 weeks? 3 weeks without sleep with people following me, stealing my thoughts, spying on me, laughing at me, generally driving me up the wall. What the **** am I meant to do? I'm actually going to go insane, actually insane.....one person is not meant to be this stressed it is impossible.

I'm with littleshambles. Hospital now dude :hugs:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I'm going to be really disappointed if it's in the gymnastics hall... I don't really care about gymnastics, I only put it down because it's the only other Olympic sport I kinda semi care about. I'm an equestrian through and through! Mind you, I have tickets for the eventing final and if I got a job in the equestrian park, chances are I wouldn't be able to go to it. But I'd probably be able to watch it!

Good luck :smile: and if you do get it, I'd be more than happy to take the eventing tickets off your hands :colone:
Got a whole load of posts to reply to, but will deal with them later (feel far too worn out :sigh:). Saw the psychiatrist, he was pretty nice - put me on a mood stabiliser (semi-sodium valproate), which is pink and smells slightly of smarties. Since I left Edinburgh my mood's been way down mostly, have done no work and cry for hours. Promised my friend I wouldn't self-harm, but then did, and now he says he can't trust me any more. Waiting for a chance to kill myself, but don't know when that will be.
Reply 2726
Original post by superwolf
Got a whole load of posts to reply to, but will deal with them later (feel far too worn out :sigh:). Saw the psychiatrist, he was pretty nice - put me on a mood stabiliser (semi-sodium valproate), which is pink and smells slightly of smarties. Since I left Edinburgh my mood's been way down mostly, have done no work and cry for hours. Promised my friend I wouldn't self-harm, but then did, and now he says he can't trust me any more. Waiting for a chance to kill myself, but don't know when that will be.

:console:

To cheer you up, I'll make you a bubble-bath just for you :bath:

Afterwards, perhaps a huge glass of rootbeer? :beerglass: :beer:

Here's a :bear: if you want to cuddle.

Don't do the last part you mentioned; I put so much effort making the bubble-bath :frown:

:hugs:

I'm on semi sodium valproate so if you have any questions about it feel free to PM me. Urgh, I hate promises, don't feel bad about breaking it at all, its a pretty hard thing to not do if you are feeling so low.

Spoiler

I'm going to be really disappointed if it's in the gymnastics hall... I don't really care about gymnastics, I only put it down because it's the only other Olympic sport I kinda semi care about. I'm an equestrian through and through! Mind you, I have tickets for the eventing final and if I got a job in the equestrian park, chances are I wouldn't be able to go to it. But I'd probably be able to watch it!

Well done for getting an interview! :biggrin: I'm in the handball arena for the Olympics (like, what the hell is handball :confused:) but I'm at Weymouth for the sailing for the Paralympics, so that will be cool. Do you know what you're doing? I'm doing radios so I will probably be stuck in some basement somewhere

I really liked that, thank you :smile:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
x

You 'look' really good :wink:

Original post by FuzzySheep
:hugs: to everyone, hope you're all doing well.

@Bulletproof - really glad you got the help you needed tonight :hugs:

---

I feel like I'm going crazy - I keep imagining really horrible situations, and getting panic attacks over them. It's starting to scare me because it's beginning to get to the point I can't control my thoughts. On top of this, I just feel so alone. I wish I could start over again, everything.

Will reply to your PM in a min, but hope you're better today dear :hugs:

Smarties :gah: My new secret love :daydreaming:

Glad it went okay, really glad about that. Hopefully the mood stabiliser helps you a lot :hugs:

Sorry you've been feeling ****ty :sadnod: Hopefully your friend also understands why you SH and that right now it's difficult to keep promises like that atm.

Stay strong and try to distract yourself. I'm always here to talk (you can add me on Skype or PM me or whatever) when you need someone to talk to (though I'd understand if you didn't want that to be me) and I may have a little surprise for you soon if I can manage it :redface:

:jumphug:

Take some you time, please. TSR is going to be going down for maintenance in about 40 minutes so you could spend that time just doing what you want to do and not thinking about the dep soc? You do so much here already.

It's ok, trust is earnt, so you need to show your friend that he can trust you again, by being strong and not hurting yourself. You can do it :hugs:

I wish I could help you more, like you've helped me in the past. Go to A+E if you need to :hugs:
Original post by bullettheory
Well done for getting an interview! :biggrin: I'm in the handball arena for the Olympics (like, what the hell is handball :confused:) but I'm at Weymouth for the sailing for the Paralympics, so that will be cool. Do you know what you're doing? I'm doing radios so I will probably be stuck in some basement somewhere

Thanks, I don't know - it doesn't say :/ I applied for the gymnastics hall (more suited to my skills as I put I was fluent in three languages* and they have a role directing the Olympians around) but I'd be a little disappointed if I got that I think... I also applied for the equestrian bit, which I would be ecstatic if I got, because all the roles are working with the riders/horses or in the actual arena, so I'd either be up close and personal with horses and riders that I've spent my life looking up to (horses that are worth millions of pounds too!) or I'd be getting the best view of the games as the arena party. But all those roles say 'Must have previous experience volunteering at equine events' which I don't have :/ How did you find out what you were doing? The website confused me.

*I'm not. ****.
Went to the docs yesterday,

and hes pulling me off the meds, hes weaning me down to one every other day so i come off em slowly. He thinks i look great (ive lost a ton of weight over the last couple of months) sound a lot better, much more positive.

And i genuinely feel a lot better in myself. So we'll see.
Reply 2733
Original post by silverbolt

and hes pulling me off the meds, hes weaning me down to one every other day so i come off em slowly. He thinks i look great (ive lost a ton of weight over the last couple of months) sound a lot better, much more positive.

Yay! :biggrin:

:bumps:

Original post by kka25
:console:

To cheer you up, I'll make you a bubble-bath just for you :bath:

Afterwards, perhaps a huge glass of rootbeer? :beerglass: :beer:

Here's a :bear: if you want to cuddle.

Don't do the last part you mentioned; I put so much effort making the bubble-bath :frown:

:hugs:

Bubble bath! :woo: I always get told off for putting too many bubbles in though. :sad: How can you have too many bubbles?!

Original post by bullettheory
I'm on semi sodium valproate so if you have any questions about it feel free to PM me. Urgh, I hate promises, don't feel bad about breaking it at all, its a pretty hard thing to not do if you are feeling so low.

Spoiler

Awesome. Has it given you jaundice or fluid-filled patches on your genitals yet? Or made you give birth to a brainless baby (I swear half the fun of getting new meds is looking them up on wikipedia :tongue:)?

Ahh, zombies, where would I be without you? :moon: My friend's offered to show me how to rule ancient China with an iron fist though in another game, so I might have a go at that today.

Original post by ViceVersa
Smarties :gah: My new secret love :daydreaming:

Glad it went okay, really glad about that. Hopefully the mood stabiliser helps you a lot :hugs:

Sorry you've been feeling ****ty :sadnod: Hopefully your friend also understands why you SH and that right now it's difficult to keep promises like that atm.

Stay strong and try to distract yourself. I'm always here to talk (you can add me on Skype or PM me or whatever) when you need someone to talk to (though I'd understand if you didn't want that to be me) and I may have a little surprise for you soon if I can manage it :redface:

Smarties are the only true medicine in this unhappy world. :sadnod:

He understands - it's less that I harmed myself (although obviously that upsets him too) as the fact that I broke a promise.

Thanks - not been on skype much recently, but I'll look for you next time I'm on. And surprise??? I like all surprises, except for the ones where your arms get bitten off (never trust a crocodile :mad:).

Take some you time, please. TSR is going to be going down for maintenance in about 40 minutes so you could spend that time just doing what you want to do and not thinking about the dep soc? You do so much here already.

It's ok, trust is earnt, so you need to show your friend that he can trust you again, by being strong and not hurting yourself. You can do it :hugs:

I wish I could help you more, like you've helped me in the past. Go to A+E if you need to :hugs:

Aargh no! Must. Post. Endless. Bull****.

Hmm, I would not bet on it. I'm not a very trustworthy person I'm afraid. :redface:

Glad I've helped you a bit. :jumphug:

Thanks, I don't know - it doesn't say :/ I applied for the gymnastics hall (more suited to my skills as I put I was fluent in three languages* and they have a role directing the Olympians around) but I'd be a little disappointed if I got that I think... I also applied for the equestrian bit, which I would be ecstatic if I got, because all the roles are working with the riders/horses or in the actual arena, so I'd either be up close and personal with horses and riders that I've spent my life looking up to (horses that are worth millions of pounds too!) or I'd be getting the best view of the games as the arena party. But all those roles say 'Must have previous experience volunteering at equine events' which I don't have :/ How did you find out what you were doing? The website confused me.

*I'm not. ****.

Steal one for me!!!!! He can be our depression society mascot and live on our island with us, and we'll pump him full of meds so he'll win all the races. His name shall be Squudgeface.

Original post by silverbolt

Evil banana thinks you're awesome. :evilbanana:
(edited 12 years ago)
Bubble bath! :woo: I always get told off for putting too many bubbles in though. :sad: How can you have too many bubbles?!

Awesome. Has it given you jaundice or fluid-filled patches on your genitals yet? Or made you give birth to a brainless baby (I swear half the fun of getting new meds is looking them up on wikipedia :tongue:)?

Ahh, zombies, where would I be without you? :moon: My friend's offered to show me how to rule ancient China with an iron fist though in another game, so I might have a go at that today.

He understands - it's less that I harmed myself (although obviously that upsets him too) as the fact that I broke a promise.

Thanks - not been on skype much recently, but I'll look for you next time I'm on. And surprise??? I like all surprises, except for the ones where your arms get bitten off (never trust a crocodile :mad:).

Aargh no! Must. Post. Endless. Bull****.

Hmm, I would not bet on it. I'm not a very trustworthy person I'm afraid. :redface:

Glad I've helped you a bit. :jumphug:

Steal one for me!!!!! He can be our depression society mascot and live on our island with us, and we'll pump him full of meds so he'll win all the races. His name shall be Squudgeface.

Chocolate!

All that's made me think of is Harry Potter, and a trip to the shops for lots of chocolate bars.
Reply 2736
Oh god. Really not looking forward to today. There is nothing to do. And I can't concentrate on studying.

:cry:

I know, I'm a lil addicted atm. Cravings :colonhash:

Hopefully he can see why you broke it and how difficult it was for you, and hopefully with time trust you again :hugs:

Awesome :yy: and yep, if I can manage :smile: It doesn't involve crocodiles biting your arm off dw :nah:

Hope you're better today x
Reply 2738
Original post by Nut.
Actually valium/diazepam has a half life of anywhere between 20-100 hours (half life being the time it takes for half of the drug to break down.)

I'd take 5mg about an hour before the presentation. The effects aren't always obvious, they can be quite subtle.

The only time I've really noticed the effects of diazepam is when I took 15mg. I felt relaxed, warm and fuzzy. I wouldn't think you'd need 15mg though - it's quite a hefty dose and might make you too relaxed. I was manic at the time.

Remember that a small amount of nerves is good, it means you want to perform well. You just want to take enough diazepam that the presentation isn't disabling, and 5mg should do that well enough, I'd have thought.

(If you only have 2mg tablets, take 3.)

Thanks - aced my presentation with the help of the valium and actually felt good about myself for a few hours afterwards, just wish benzos weren't so addictive.
Reply 2739
Hey just going to bring this point up in here, if people disagree fair enough, I won't be really posting in here because of it so.

I remember when I first started posting in this society, as a place that cheered me up and everyone tried to have a laugh together while discussing their problems. In the past 6 months (I have been part of this and now realise it's wrong) more and more talk of people wanting to kill themselves, self harming etc.. It is almost as if some people (including me before) were/are using this thread in place of professional help when I don't think that should be the purpose of the thread, we all have our own problems and I can't see how a thread that can't go a few pages without such things being brought up is healthy for anyone with depression, or anyone in general actually.

Latest

Trending

Trending