The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nut.
It's pretty much the same as it was before :colondollar:

Just about 4 inches off the length and some layers cut in. (I was getting sick of slouching on the sofa, trying to lean forwards to grab my mug and being held back because I was lying on my hair :mad: :tongue:)

I'm psyching myself up for a more drastic cut at some point... probably before the new uni year in October, but still not brave enough yet :lol:.

Ah, nice :h:

I really miss having long hair, it used to be almost to my bum. I can't face the awkward regrowing stages though :redface: And it would probably take ages to dye...

Has anyone about at the mo ever had Thai food?
Original post by tweedletallie
First GP appointment tomorrow. It's taking everything I have not to call up and cancel it. I was freaking out enough when I went with migraines, and this is so much more awkward to talk about than stupid headaches, plus I still haven't worked out how to pronounce the doctor's name. This is going to be horrible. Absolutely horrible.

:hugs: It will be better in the long run if you do go. Could you take a friend for moral support while you're waiting?
Don't worry about knowing the doctors' names. I've never once called my doc by her full name.
I got prescribed sertraline/zoloft on my 2nd appointment. Was that too early?
Original post by avhhs
I don't understand how I got so angry just now :frown:

Whats up hun? :hugs:
Original post by Jingers
I got prescribed sertraline/zoloft on my 2nd appointment. Was that too early?

No I don't think so. I got ADs prescribed on my first visit after my relapse (I didn't the first time because I was under 18). I guess it depends if you want to be on them or not?
Was pretty cool to meet everyone yesterday, reading over the thread it's actually really ****ing weird reading people's posts then knowing what they look like and imagining them hunched over in the dark wearing only underpants posting on TSR. Or maybe that's just me :tongue:

Went to a hearing voices group this morning, in one way it was reassuring to talk to people going through the same thing but on the other hand none of these people work, they're all on benefits and occasionally do volunteer work. It makes me think what if that's my future? I want to be a cop not a bum on benefits forever unable to work (not that they were bums but well yeah ok this hole is getting deeper.......). Also went to the gym but didn't get enough sleep last night (because of someone :dry: ) so didn't do too much....damn.
Original post by angelbones
:hugs: It will be better in the long run if you do go. Could you take a friend for moral support while you're waiting?
Don't worry about knowing the doctors' names. I've never once called my doc by her full name.

My friends don't know I'm going, and my girlfriend flew out to Spain today for a week (lucky thing). I'm only worried about the name because her surname is impossible and you have to say who you're seeing when you go into the surgery. I'll just mumble really quietly and hope for the best! Thanks for the reply, I know I need to go it's just getting the confidence to.
Original post by Webberino

When is your next appointment? Maybe you could try writing down how you feel so it doesn't happen again next time. :hugs:

In two weeks, thats a good idea and I will try to write something truthful down thanks :smile:
:sigh: mood...y u no lift? :sigh:
Original post by Anonymous
I'll see if she mentions it in a few days, I find it awkward to talk about. She said she would phone them if it wasn't here in a few days though.

Ahh, sod them :laugh:

That sounds nice Have fun with mentor tomorrow :mmm: Hopefully he'll put you at ease.
At least it's something, better than nothing at all.

I'm ok thanks. Looking at entry requirements for medical schools probably isn't helping my mood though.
SH ref.

Spoiler

mum saw sh

Ok, sounds good. :hugs:

Tempting :tongue:

Hopefully :colondollar:
I don't have any chocolate here but I don't want to get up and go to the shop. My cup of tea is lonely without some chocolate. :bawling:
Also left the remaining half of my easter egg in the fridge at home, I don't think it is going to be safe from my brother there. :tongue:

:console: You'll get there. :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by angelbones
Has anyone about at the mo ever had Thai food?

I have once, the restaurant was a boat on the river. :awesome:
It was nice but really hot! :tongue:

Original post by kahinalouise
In two weeks, thats a good idea and I will try to write something truthful down thanks :smile:

Good luck :hugs:
Original post by ViceVersa
:sigh: mood...y u no lift? :sigh:

:console:
Original post by Jay1991
Hey sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

I have a gym membership and play football (I'm the fat unfit defender) but my problem is food. The last time I went to KFC I had 4 burgers, 4 fries and some strips (take away obviously as I'm not going to eat it there). God only knows how big I'd be if I didn't go to the gym.

II can't let my uni know really can I ? There are like 6 weeks left of the course and now after failing a few exams and having a really bad attendance I'm just going to say I'm depressed. It will look of. Either way I am not paying £9k a year for university so looks like I'm done.

Congrats on your weight loss. I've been "eating clean" for 2 days now so hopefully I can carry it on.

Some of this post is the same I sent to superwolf as I couldn't be bothered typing it all out again :smile:

Ah I see. Yeah that is a lot of food, I love KFC too but I don't think even I could eat that much :tongue: Erm...I dunno really, couldn't you try to restrict yourself? Losing weight isn't just about the gym but about eating a healthy diet too. It sucks and you should allow yourself to enjoy treats sometimes but if you really want to make a change to your life you're gonna have to make sacrifices. Don't do it all at once, maybe just eat 2 burgers and 2 fries next time, because if you stop everything at once you're just gonna be unhappy and that's not conductive to weight loss.

Hmm, well you shouldn't worry about what your mum thinks about you staying at university, it's your life, if you don't want to and aren't in the right place to cope with it then by all means drop out. However if you're only dropping out because of the depression I don't tink there's anything wrong with you telling them you're depressed and getting help with it. Sure there's only 6 weeks left but it's never too late, I didn't tell my university for ages until I really couldn't cope anymore, they're used to getting people saying at whatever time of year, probably even more likely right before exams actually when people realize what they're in for. Have you thought about seeing a doctor about what you're going through?
My friends don't know I'm going, and my girlfriend flew out to Spain today for a week (lucky thing). I'm only worried about the name because her surname is impossible and you have to say who you're seeing when you go into the surgery. I'll just mumble really quietly and hope for the best! Thanks for the reply, I know I need to go it's just getting the confidence to.

Don't worry about not knowing how to pronounce his name, my local GP has a weird name so I just say "the guy with the name beginning with D" and do a little laugh. If you try to lighten the mood no one will care that you can't say it. :smile:
:console:

Anything you need to let out? :hugs:
Anything you need to let out? :hugs:

Myself. From this black hole.

:frown:
Psychiatrists have diagnosed Anikin Skywalker as having BPD. I friggin kid you not. Check it out: http://www.livescience.com/10679-psychology-darth-vader-revealed.html :rofl:

PS. Such a shame I didn't get to meet any of you but am really ill right now. Hopefully sometime soon will get to meet you wonderful lot :smile:
Reply 7116
Original post by Phoenix07
Whats up hun? :hugs:

It was just something with my brother.

Right now I'm not good at all. Lying down in bed and feeling really low. Was meant to do something but oh well :tongue:. I thought my sleep pattern had just about fixed but it hasn't :frown:

How are you feeling then? :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Don't worry about not knowing how to pronounce his name, my local GP has a weird name so I just say "the guy with the name beginning with D" and do a little laugh. If you try to lighten the mood no one will care that you can't say it. :smile:

That could work! Thanks for the idea :biggrin:
Myself. From this black hole.

:frown:

:frown: Stay safe :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Was pretty cool to meet everyone yesterday, reading over the thread it's actually really ****ing weird reading people's posts then knowing what they look like and imagining them hunched over in the dark wearing only underpants posting on TSR. Or maybe that's just me :tongue:

Went to a hearing voices group this morning, in one way it was reassuring to talk to people going through the same thing but on the other hand none of these people work, they're all on benefits and occasionally do volunteer work. It makes me think what if that's my future? I want to be a cop not a bum on benefits forever unable to work (not that they were bums but well yeah ok this hole is getting deeper.......). Also went to the gym but didn't get enough sleep last night (because of someone :dry: ) so didn't do too much....damn.

Me too :ninja: With a big mug of coffee to one side, of course.
:hugs:

I understand :hugs: It does get easier after your first visit though, and I know I felt relief and pride that I'd taken a step towards getting help.

I have once, the restaurant was a boat on the river. :awesome:
It was nice but really hot! :tongue:

Hot like spicy? Oh dear..
I'm even more nervous than before now :colondollar:

Latest